• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Least favourite Pokemon of each generation

Gen I: Mewtwo, Charizard, Pikachu, and Mr. Mime

Gen II: Pichu, Igglybuff, Togepi, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, and Tyrogue

Gen III: Mudkip line, Gardevoir, Plusle/Minun, Solrock, Regirock, Registeel, and Jirachi

Gen IV: Chimchar line, Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny, Munchlax, Pachirisu, Regigigas, Phione, and Manaphy

Gen V: Elemental monkeys, Darumaka/Darmanitan, Emolga, Meloetta, Victini, and Genesect

Gen VI: Froakie line, Diggersby, Binacle/Barbaracle, Dedenne, and Hoopa

Gen VII: Incineroar, Grubbin line, Stufful/Bewear, Oranguru, Togedemaru, Cosmog/Cosmoem, Guzzlord, Stakataka, Blacephalon, Meltan/Melmetal, and Marshadow

Gen VIII: Grookey line, Blipbug line, Chewtle/Drednaw, Impidimp line, Galarian Corsola/Cursola, Galarian Mr. Mime/Mr. Rime, Stonjourner, Morpeko, and Zarude

I don't really dislike any Pokémon except for one, but there are some whose designs are uninteresting in my opinion. I'll only mention final stages:

Gen 1: Hitmonchan.
Gen 2: Forretress.
Gen 3: Manectric.
Gen 4: Lucario (The only Pokémon I truly dislike).
Gen 5: Throh.
Gen 6: Barbaracle.
Gen 7: Gumshoos.
Gen 8: Drednaw.

Last edited:
1: Jynx. Parking all of that to one side, Jynx's modern model is ungainly and garish. It's as if two different designs - one for an elegant dancer, the other for a semi-comedic opera singer - met each other halfway and realised neither concept satisfyingly.

2: Smoochum. Just as ugly, with an equally unpleasant colour palette.

3: Castform. I'm more positively inclined than most towards weak gimmick species as long as there's something novel going on with the design, but Castform is unforgivably dull.

4: Lucario. I know Charizard is considered to be the poster child for lowest-common-denominator fanservice these days, but at least base Charizard is quite elegant in conception and design. Lucario has always felt like a crude composite of elements though to be popular with The Kids, rather than an organic inhabitant of this world. Later generations suffer similar problems but I've always seen Lucario as patient zero of the Pokémon-desgined-as-anime-protagonists plague.

5: The Vanilluxe line. I'm not in camp 'It looks like an ice cream and is thus dumb', but the concept hasn't evolved an inch from being a literal fast food mascot with a goofy smile.

6: Quilladin. That vacant stare, unnaturally pointed noise and flesh-coloured skin all coalesce into one of the most terrifying faces in the series.

7: Incineroar. So abundantly fur-bait that it makes me physically uncomfortable to look at it. The terrible zenith of the trend of starter Pokémon being defined by their IRL concept, rather than looking like credible animals or monsters (seriously, Incineroar and Typhlosion look as though they hail from completely different franchises).

8: Galarian Darmanitan. I love both base Darmanitan and the bulk of the Galarian forms, so I was very disappointed to see my grinning lunatic fire ape downgraded into some strange, expressionless Christmas decoration.

Last edited:
This is pretty hard for me as there are no Pokémon I truly loathe. But if I had to choose, mostly based on design:

1: Jynx. I just don't really care for the Jynx line and I feel like it's a Pokémon that wouldn't probably be made today.

2. Octillery I guess. I just find its design to be too derpy and it's one of the weirder evolutions. Ironically I've used Octillery a lot though, they're not great to use in battle, but they were fantastic to use for Shiny-fishing in Generation 6 thanks to Suction Cups.

3. Gorebyss. I just don't like it's design at all. Not that Huntail is much better, but its design at least feels a bit more polished to me. Luvdisc is another one I don't care about, it almost gives Voltorb and Ditto a run for its money in terms of design laziness.

4. Lumineon. Not a fan of its design, and it might easily be one of the most forgotten Pokémon ever. It's just so forgettable.

5. Not a fan of the monkeys, although I do like Simisage. Simipour is my least favourite, I just don't like its design at whatsoever. Honorable mention goes to the Snivy line. This seems to be the most popular starter-line in Generation 5, but I've never been a fan. They're well designed I guess, but they don't appeal to me. Also, Alomomola. What were they thinking designing a Pokémon that looks 100% like a Luvdisc evolution, but isn't?

6. Aromatisse. I just don't like its design at all. I'm also not a fan of Braixen and Delphox (mainly because I was super disappointed when I saw this is what Fennekin would evolve into). But they've grown on me. Their designs are pretty good at least.

7. Bruxish, easily. The color palette, the shape, the cartoonish grin on its face. It's just ugly. Honorable mention goes to Alolan Persian, which looks way too cartoony for its own good.

8. The Greedent line is meh, and I also don't care for Mr. Rime. Just a weird concept overall. I had to do a double take when I first saw this Gen's Fossils, but they've grown on me. Especially after a recent anime episode in which two of them appeared, I find them kind of endearing now.

Gen I :Jynx + Charmander line
Gen II: Totadile
Gen III +IV: Chimchar and Treeko
Gen V: The Tepig line
Gen VI: Aromatisse
Gen VII: Brionne
Gen VIII: The Sobble line

Last edited:
There are very few pokemon I actively dislike so this will be pretty hard. I don't hate most of the ones I mention below.

Gen 1: I don't dislike any of them. (Yes even Jynx). If I had to pick one of these it would be Mr. Mime. Never had the desire to use one.
Gen 2: Quagsire. Alright this one I dislike. I wasn't a fan of its derpy design or cry. And then it appeared in the wild a thousand times in the Great Marsh and almost always escaped the ball even when I tried to catch it. All of those factors lead to a deep resentment.
Gen 3: Another gen where I don't dislike anyone. Volbeat always felt kinda unnecessary though.
Gen 4: Bonsly. Not a fan of Sudowoodo. The pree-volution isn't much better. The anime didn't help either.
Gen 5: Simisear. Too derpy.
Gen 6: Quilladin. Worst middle stage there is imo.
Gen 7: Crabominable and Bruxish. Don't hate either but both look weird.
Gen 8: Greedent and Chewtle don't feel like pokemon designs. I'm used to them now but they felt really off when I first saw them and the feeling hasn't changed much.

Generation I: Charmander line (mainly due to how overhyped Charizard is despite not being that great anyways), Pikachu (Raichu is fine honestly, but Pikachu much like Charizard is overrated to me), Tentacool and Tentacruel (too many in the wild and just kind of... boring to me)
Generation II: Unown (A really pointless gimmick mon that seemed like it might be important but it is not)
Generation III: Slakoth and Slaking (their ability seems so.... awful), Chimecho (pointlessly difficult to find and has a very, very low spawn rate despite not being that good)
Generation IV: Fan-Rotom (it's ability is 100% useless due to it being a Flying type already)
Generation V: Patrat and Watchog (unlike Ratatta, they come off as very annoying and seem to spawn much more often),
Generation VI: Carbink (despite having some relation to Diance, it cannot evolve into or be bred from a Diance)
Generation VIII: Eiscue (just not a fan of the design)

1. Venomoth
  2. Smeargle
  3. Spinda,Volbeat and Illumise, they are at the same level
  4. Wormadam
  5. Watchog
  6. Aromatisse
  7. Bruxish
  8. Pinchurchin

1. Drowzee and Jynx
  2. Dunsparce
  3. Spinda, Gulpin and Nincada
  4. Kricketot, Bidoof, Bronzor and Brumy/Wormadam
  5. Woobat/Swoobat, Throh/Sawk, Trubbish/Garbodor and Karrablast
  6. Quilladin, Goomy and Sliggoo
  7. Crabrawler, Cutiefly, Buzzwole and Blaceplhalon
  8. Chewtle, Clobbopus, Eiscue and Inteleon

I'll list one from each generation. I don't hate it per say, but it will be my least favorite from each gen.

Gen I: Voltorb
Gen II: Forretress
Gen III: Grumpig
Gen IV: Lickilicky
Gen V: Emolga
Gen VI: Diggersby
Gen VII: Bruxish
Gen VIII: Thievul (I like Nickit, just not Thievul)

Kanto: Parasect
Johto: Furret, Ledian, Sunflora, Dunsparce
Hoenn: Linoone
Sinnoh: Kricketune
Unova: Swoobat, Maractus, Stunfisk
Kalos: Dedenne, Zygarde
Alola: Decidueye, Ribombee, Togedemaru, Drampa,
Galar: Thievul, Boltund, Draco/Arcto-Zolt/Vish (I mean, who drew those poor souls?)

Gen 1: Jynx (Why do you exist)
Gen 2: Magcargo (F*** Magcargo. It is so lame and weak.)
Gen 3: Gulpin/Luvdisc (I hate this stupid blob bulshit. And it is getting a focus episode in JN great.../Why do you exist. You are weak.)
Gen 4: Purugly (Purugly)
Gen 5: Gothitelle (You suck you hideous tall smug shit.)
Gen 6: Delphox (I hate this hairy atrocious monstosity. Fennekin and Braixen deserved better. So glad Serena's Braixen didn't evolve.)
Gen 7: Bruxish (Ugly stupid fish with sharp teeth. It's shiny is atrocious.)
Gen 8: Greedent (I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH)

Gen 1: Golduck. I just can't bring myself to like Golduck. I don't know why. I tried using one but I still can't like it. Sorry, Golduck. I'm pretty sure you have fans out there.
Gen 2: Stantler. Johto mons are my babies but Stantler is just... really boring. There's nothing interesting about it. The only reason I even remember it exists are all those memes about how forgotten it is.
Gen 3: Medicham. I think both it and Meditite are ugly but I hate Medicham the most. It's just extremely unappealing to look at.
Gen 4: Lucario. I hate its weird face markings, it looks so, well, weird that they're straight lines despite being on its face. I'm also not a fan of its stupid shorts, or its tail. I think I wouldn't hate it as much if it didn't cause me trouble every time I have to battle it. At least Mega-Lucario looks much better.
Gen 5: Darmanitan. I love Gen 5 and all of its Pokémon except for this one. I just don't get the appeal. It looks dumb. And its Galarian form being broken makes it even worse for me.
Gen 6: Greninja. Froakie was my favourite Kalos starter until I learnt what it evolved into. That tongue scarf... Besides, I love Chesnaught and to a lesser extent Delphox and hate that Greninja got its own special form and broken HA whilst the other starters got nothing. Gen 6 treated its starters horribly with Greninja being the exception, and it's really blatant.
Gen 7: Toxapex. I hate Toxapex. If I could erase one Pokémon from existence it would be Toxapex. I went from loving its design to detesting it. It's so frustrating to battle against. It turns something fun like battling into one long, tedious sleeping pill in videogame form.
Gen 8: Inteleon. Similar situation to Greninja in that I loved Sobble at first but think Drizzile and Inteleon look terrible. Even then I think Drizzile looks better than Inteleon. At least it looks part of the same evolutionary family as Sobble. They just pulled the spy theme out of where the sun don't shine. Such a disappointment.

Gen 1: Lickitung. Unremarkable battle prowess and an otherwise forgettable amidst the other mono-pink creatures in Kanto (Clefable, Wigglytuff, Mew) I tend to forget Lickitung exists.
Gen 2: Stantler. While all other deer Pokémon tend to have something that stands out (Sawsbuck changing forms upon seasons and Xerneas being a legendary that grants life) this one is just... really boring.
Gen 3: Volbeat and Illumise. The designs are neat but they are really forgettable.
Gen 4: Chimecho
Gen 5: Unfezant. Bad in battle, terrible design. It never ends for this thing.
Gen 6: Delphox. This has absolutely been the biggest disappointment in terms of Starter evolutions until Inteleon came along.
Gen 7: Decidueye. I think it's a neat design but battle-wise, not so much. it being absolute deadweight in my Ultra Sun playthrough didn't help my view on it at all.
Gen 8: Inteleon. We go from cool leaks like a lock ness monster-like dragon or other cool potential options to... a man in a lizard suit wearing two foam fingers... Between Delphox, Incineroar and this thing, the last 3 gens have really disappointed and dropped the ball on at least 1 of the Starter's final evolutions.

Gen 4: Chimecho
Chimecho is a Gen 3 Pokemon, though. Maybe you meant Chingling (Chimecho's baby form which was introduced in Gen 4)? Granted, Chimecho was inexplicably made a ridiculously rare encounter in its debut games, so I can't really blame you for mistaking it for a later-gen mon lol

Back
Top Bottom