Votes: 71 26.6%

• Total voters
I Dont Suck, It's Rigged
Reaction score
very simple... vote your least favourite water starter

this is for an art project so i would like to get results asap :bounce:

The Curious Lord of Time
Reaction score
Oshawott. It's an otter... it's ugly... it's hard to sprite with... it's...Oshawott

Mari-yo Puyo
Reaction score
I moved this thread to the main Pokémon World forum. Due to the focus on a single aspect, there is really nothing much to choose between every choice, so it's not really suitable as a contest.

Anyway, while I particularly don't have any un-favourites in terms of Water starters (used to by my primary choice for a starter), I will have to go with Totodile and Mudkip. While not much of a dislike, I have the least favour to them compared to the other three.

Thanks for reading.

Lovely
Reaction score
I dislike Oshawott...it's looks make me hesitate to choose. Squirtle is cute right away, Ferligater makes Totodile the number one water-type in Johto, Mudkip is also cute right away, Piplup is just adorable... but Oshawott is no.

KYUREM FORMS ERRYWHERE
Reaction score
Huh, that's the same poll you made on serebii isn't it?

Picked Oshawott like the user before me.

King of Luxray
Reaction score
I find all water type starters charming in their own ways. As a kid, I prefered Totodile over Squirtle and when Piplup came out I liked them equally even when I knew inside that Piplup was better. Mudkip was alright to me. The same as Squirtle. Then Oshawott came out.

Oshawott>Totodile=Piplup>Mudkip=Squirtle

I just can't resist the cuteness. It's sad that Ken Sugimori's concept art of Oshawott is vacant while the others are all happy which is probably the reason as to why you guys think Oshawott is a downer. The anime is there to save the day and make Oshawott be what it is:

Oshawott eating while i play fitting music - YouTube

初段黒帯空手家!
Reaction score
I have voted for Mudkip because its evolved forms have a 4x defensive weakness to grass type moves which is the type the rival of RSE would have if you chose it but I am planning to use Mudkip and its evolved forms in my party in a Ruby and Sapphire remake if they are released.

The Creeping Darkness
Reaction score
Piplup was easily the worst water starter for me. I love the penguin idea but Piplup just never worked for me.

I Dont Suck, It's Rigged
Reaction score
Huh, that's the same poll you made on serebii isn't it?

Picked Oshawott like the user before me.
yes it is the same poll xD
im just gonna add the 2 together in a coupple of days to see it a bit better :D

Jacen the Robot Floatzel
Reaction score
Piplup, primarily because of the one in the Anime. Not to mention that its name is horrible in my opinion as well, seriously, PIPLUP!? That sounds like something a two year old would say!

Also, why all the Oshawott hate, Oshawott is ADORABLE in my opinion, and it has some of the best looking evolutions out there.

King of Luxray
Reaction score
Piplup, primarily because of the one in the Anime. Not to mention that its name is horrible in my opinion as well, seriously, PIPLUP!? That sounds like something a two year old would say!

Also, why all the Oshawott hate, Oshawott is ADORABLE in my opinion, and it has some of the best looking evolutions out there.
Bow down to Oshawott!

misses Alola
Reaction score
I do like Piplup, but guess it's my least favorite. Probably because I'm one of those bitter souls who wish the line would've been Water/Ice instead of Water/Steel.

MegaEvolutionMegaProfesr!
Reaction score
I guess I don't like Mudkip, though you may have heard otherwise.

Meh, my answer is Totodile. I like Feraligatr's "hulkiness" (check out his head and shoulders in the 3rd Gen games, and his overall height), but there's nothing special (design-wise) about the two stages before it.

Oshawott looks great--you just have to see the anime. Squirtle is Squirtle, and Piplup--well, I like an art on the Platinum case.

Sad Grass-Type
Reaction score
Totodile and Squirtle are classic to me, and Piplup and Oshawott are both cute and have badass evolutions.

Sorry, Mudkip. You're cute, and it's not as if I don't liek you, but I never want to see your evolutions again.

Reaction score
Mudkip, Mudkip, Mudkip. It's EXTREMELY overrated and it's evolutions have a quad-weakness to grass.

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
Mudkip, definitely. I think it looks ugly and I hate the stupid and annoying "so i herd u leik mudkipz" thing.

And Oshawott and Piplup are awesome! Piplup is cuter, imo, but Oshawott eventually evolves up to SAMUROTT! <3

Reaction score
I like them all, but Totodile is my least favorite. Oshawott is the best. :3

Oshawott>Squirtle>Mudkip>Piplup>Totodile for me.

It's all ogre now.
Reaction score
The anime made me hate Piplup. GOD IT'S SO ANNOYING. Although, I do like Empoleon a lot, I'm fine with it as Water/Steel.

And, for those of you who say that Swampert has a 4X weakness to Grass, that's it's ONLY weakness, and it can defend against Grass attacks fairly well either way.

Dragonic drifter
Reaction score
You should've used a regular radio button (only single choice is allowed in your poll) instead of the checkbox (multiple choices available) in this poll. You want to know the least favorite Water starter, right?

I picked Mudkip. Not because of the Internet meme, but simply because it's uncool. Then again, maybe the meme started because of that.