• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Least Favourite Water Starter

Least Favourite water starter

• Squirtle

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • Totodile

Votes: 55 20.4%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 59 21.9%
  • Piplup

Votes: 84 31.2%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 71 26.4%

• Total voters
I think they are all great, but in 5th gen Oshawott disappointed me a little. It's evolutions are really cute I must say, but Samurott doesn't seem to hold it's own as well as the others in competitive play.

Don't get me wrong it makes for a great all out offensive attacker, but with it's lack of speed and shallow strategic and tactical move-pool I would say it's my least favoured.

Squirtle because I really don't like drawing its shell, and I don't like drawing Blastoise's cannons either. Also picking any Kanto starter besides Charmander just doesn't feel right to me.

Piplup being the least favourite surprises me. Mudkip being second *does* surprise me.

That said, my least favourite is mudkip. It's ugly, it's overrated, and its evolutions are terrible.

Either piplup or mudkip were my least favorite water pokemon, they were not that cute, but when it really comes down to it i would say that mudkip is my overall least favorite, because when piplup evolves it is very powerful

Sorry Piplup, but you'll always suffer for being so annoying in anime. That was the first reason I started to dislike Piplup, since I didn't like Dawn's Piplup at all. Now when the time has passed a bit and I don't have to even watch any Piplup in anime, I've found myself truly disliking the whole Pokémon and its evolutions design wise. Something really irritates me in Piplup: the name, the design...

My least favourite water starter in the games is Piplup because it is underwhelming in battle even when evolved, but in the anime it is Mudkip because of starting the annoying meme, and having hardly any character development

Squirtle and Piplup, but I haven't used them in battle, so I couldn't say anything about usefulness.

I guess Oshawott. It's kind of cute in the anime, but he's kind of ugly in the game. I don't actually hate any water starters though. Wait, I just changed my mind, sorry for voting wrong. Mudkip is just random. He started a cool meme though. The mud fish Pokemon? He looks nothing like a mudfish! Yes mudfish are real. So Mudkip, period. But I honestly don't hate any water starters, just picked my least favourite.

Wow... lack of love for Piplup! I chose Mudkip.. it's not that I don't like it.. I just love all the water starters so much that it just falls at the bottom of the list. Why doesn't anyone love Piplup? It's adorable.. =/

Oshawott and Piplup. I've never used Oshawott but I don't like it simply because of its design. It looks the worst out of all the water starters. And Piplup's last evolution is the only good one.

Both squirtle and piplup.

Squirtle, because I found it the hardest to use ingame in red/ firered. And consider the fact that I am a bulbasaur fanboy, and everything else looks paler in comparison!

Piplup was another water type I found pretty bad ingame till he evolved to empoleon. Till then I struggled with it which annoyed me. Its design is also pretty boring, imo. Of course, Dawn's piplup annoyed me with its repetitive antics. Imo, it joined the club of 'Most Annoying Characters of D/p' with the TRio.

...squirtle never really did anything to me...neither did oshawott but i love dewott and samurott....i love totodile as a baby pokemon....and i like swampert....but pipup is just ugly....thought i like his third evolution....

for me personally it's oshawott that i dislike the most.I am fan of the anime but it is still my most disliked water stater.Next for me would be mudkip, i'm not that much of a fan myself. I personally love the squirtle,totodile and piplup evoltuionary lines but thats just me.

Why U no leik Oshawott?!?!?! That blue-otter-thing as absolutely ADORABLE!!! I voted Mudkip as the worst...

Piplup. I destest it, Prinplup and Empoleon's design. I hate the way it looks, I hate Dawn's Piplup with an unbelievable passion and I hate using it.

Ack... this is a really hard decision! I always tend to pick the Water-types during my first playthrough of every region (except for Johto, where I picked Cyndaquil first because it looked cuter :p)
And I'm going to have to defend Mudkip, simply because it was my starter in the first Pokemon game I ever played (Ruby). I never noticed the 4x weakness to Grass much as I was playing through Ruby, I just taught my Swampert Ice Beam and trained a Beautifly and a Swellow during the early game, no problems.
I think Oshawott is pretty cool, Piplup and Totodile are OK, but Squirtle is the one that falls short for me... I really don't know why, it just never felt as good when I was battling with it.

my option is Piplup, ugly attacks, defeat Rival's Turtwig is a nightmare... I've never had train a Empoleon because Prinplup is so boring to train and I usually deposit it inthe box XD

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom