• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Left handers - more intelligent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im left handed, but Im not exactly that creative, if you had to compare me with my sister (who is right handed) then she is definately more creative then me. As for intelligence, I am pretty smart buts its not like Im at genius level, I guess its just because there are so few left handers in the world they have to think up something creative for us. The bad thing for us though is when we write, we can smudge are work prety badly...

This of course is only the case with Right-to-Left languages. If you were writing, say, Hebrew, you'd be better off.

This of course is only the case with Right-to-Left languages. If you were writing, say, Hebrew, you'd be better off.

Precisely why I love to write backwards.
Also I flip my spiral notebooks around because the binding gets in the way of my hand and annoys me.

This type of wishy-washy science is about as real as cats always landing on their feet. I'm just surprised people are still talking about it.

I've heard those urban legends before, and I think it's about as valid as people saying "Girls are better at Arts and Guys are better at Science and Math". If a person is going to think that because they are left handed they are going to be bad at Art/Math (because the one I heard was that lefties are more creative) then they are going to be bad at it because they think they will be. Just like if you raise your kids with the mentality that math and science is boring, they will grow up thinking it's boring.

Nahhh.

Well at least left-handers will be annoyed by can openers and hand jobs and other tools.

Except for us left-handers who actually ARE bad at science and math.
What if we're good at Science but bad at math? Don't fucking ask how the hell this is possible I'm even confused how I can go well with Physics and Chemistry but not go well with Algebra or Geometry.

Meh, I'm a lefty but I'm not too great at science and math(I'm just average). Me, I'm much more into the creative side of things, especially art(spatial/visual intelligence :D).

I'm a righty, but I tend to act smart for short periods of time without knowing it. I tend to be a bit creative at times, though.

Not true. I asspull abstract thoughts all the time and I have some of the most logical thinking I've ever heard. So lets go over my facts:
-I'm logical....and can do abstract thinking
-I got a buttload of creativity through a pretty vivid imagination and a pretty crazy guitar rhythm making track record.
-I'm not so good at maths but I manage.

So am I possibly the most right handed, left handed guy here?

Thank you for proving what I said.

Those were if statements. None of which I agree with. If you notice, the first statement I made was, "this is a coincidence and has no bearing on intelligence." Then I went on to mention possible reasons for this fallacious belief. But you didn't notice that, did you...?

Although I agree that left handers are very intellectual (My brother, Mother, and Grandmother are all left handed.) I must say that my father and I (both right handed) are among the smarter in the family. My brother is brilliant but our IQ results point me up 10 higher then his(162, vs. 152, I believe). My brother is older and has long had an influence on myself and my learning, as well as my imagination, as he's always had a very open mind. I must say that because there are less left handed people, we don't see as much stupidity from them. For example, if 75% of the world was right handed, and 50% of that was less intelligent then 50% of the left handers, it would be much more noticeable, because it's a larger number.

*is left handed*

I can't draw to save my life....at least I actually AM good at math.

Don't know about anyone else but I have a friend who's a lefty, and he's pretty intelligent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom