• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Left4Dead 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rellik

That Guy
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread, so decided to make one. Anyways, the demo's been out for a bit now, and the game is scheduled to drop in about a week and a half. Thoughts?

Personally, I can't wait. I'm just annoyed that it's dropping on a Tuesday of all days. If it was coming out on a Friday or something, I could take the day off and spent a long-weekend bashing in zombie brains with my pre-order Baseball Bat. As it is now, I probably won't get any good play time in till the 19th at the earliest.

As far as the demo goes, I had alot of fun once I found a party that didn't have that one ass-hat of a player who'd rather shoot his team-mates then the infected. The only thing I didn't really like was the fact that you need to choose between carrying a melee weapon or your pistols, which seams like a load of BS to me...Especially since you're apparently still carrying the pistol, since you use it if you get knocked down. Oh, and I just LOVE the hunting knife. Using it on a rushing Hoard and watching my screen get covered in blood makes me happy in ways that make me think I may need professional help. :3

Shameless bump for an awesome thread about an awesome game.

I preordered it on steam so I'll be able to play it instantly, only 2 more days. Cant wait.

I wanna buy it but I didn't even get to play the first L4D. Also for the people in Australia it must suck to have it shipped from USA.

I bought it through the US Steam website so I don't have to be subjected to the softness of the Australian version.

I'm buying the Xbox 360 version. Still thinking about going to the Midnight Launch for this game. Something about it sharing the same day release as Assassin's Creed 2 is somewhat odd for me, since both are getting a midnight release, so I got factor that into the equation if or when I go.

I just hope it isn't going to be as crowded as Modern Warfare 2 release, and I didn't even go to the Midnight Launch for that, I went after work and there was a line outside the door for MW2, and that was like 3:10 PM.

Can't wait to play. When it comes to the first one me and my friends became mad addicted and masters everything. With more weapons and stuff this will become a fun experience. Not to mention I can slaughter zombie clowns with a frying pan!

I like the guitar. I hope they keep it so it can't break, it's like my best friend. Of course I'm getting it! Even though, you know, I'm zombiephobic.

I'm deciding to buy it for the PC, but I like it on the X-Box better

I this one looks like it'll be much more difficult
Look out for that Witch!

I'm just annoyed that it's dropping on a Tuesday of all days. If it was coming out on a Friday or something, I could take the day off and spent a long-weekend bashing in zombie brains with my pre-order Baseball Bat.

I was really disappointed when the release date was official :eek:hdear: . But at least VALVe won't stall this one. The first game was awesome, could use some work and some might say it's a full beta of what's suppose to be Left 4 Dead 2 now (Boycotters). I love the new Hunter and Boomer's looks and sounds (Not much for the Smoker hahaha). The Tank looks like he's losing some skin and... *Female Boomer pops out* OMFG WTF IS THAT??? Absolutely love the variety of infected, though adding other female (Minus Spitter) versions of the special infected could be disturbing (Hunter and possible Tank :scared:). Looking forward for an improved L4D and the upcoming L4D2 :7up:

Getting for 360! ^_^

cant wait to slay some zombies on xbox live! <(^o^)>

Game dropped on Tuesday. Thoughts so far? Personally I love how much more challenging it is then the first one. My ream had to do the final level on Dead Center at least a dozen times before we actually got out of there.

Oh god it's awful...
*The Zombies look like their tap-dancing while running (Rareish)
*Sometimes they get stuck (Also in L4D1)
*The Hunter slides (Or T-bags) on you when he pounces on you from the front or above and the hit-box is kinda off
*The Smoker's animation sometimes "delays" and shows him standing doing nothing while shooting his tongue
*Sometimes guns are too close to the camera
*Some weapons are copies/skins of one another
*The SB is VERY retarded (Another reason for Co-Op)
*It's hard to tell how big the Spitter goo range is because I tried jumping over it on the Garage Sale table & I still got hurt from it
*The Witch is easily avoided in Parish (Park) by standing on objects (The motor thing near the ammo in the middle) and moving around it causing the witch to change course and go the other way not even climbing over
*The Charger has this weird moon-walking when charging (Not the walk backwards animation)
*Sometimes the CI attacks you at very odd angles
*Sometimes pistols have normal speed & accuracy when incaped
*Rarely, Hunters do no damage when ripping you apart
*Microphone problems
*Some audio files don't play when their suppose to (Melee weapons for Ex.)
*Graphics card issues
*The AI path finding is very...let's just say...Inaccurate
*Odd blur effects on weapons when pushing things away (Machete)

Exactly how long is they play-test the game before release?
Oh well, I still love it despite all it's flaws.

Last edited:
I haven't really noticed alot of the problems that you're pointing out, but I have had problems with sliding Hunters and the mic not working properly.

If I was in a Zombie apocalypse, and I came across a Michael Jackson zombie, I'd shit a brick.

Dude I would worship the ground of any VALVe employee if they made a Michel Jackson zombie on one of the DLCs they'll eventually release.

Has anyone else downloaded The Passing yet?

They killed Bill!! ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom