• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

.:Legend of Korra and Avatar Shipping thread:.

Reaction score
This is a thread for Avatar the Last Airbender and Legend of Korra shipping! We all know Bryke is out there trying to make us insane. Well. His plan was a total success. Let's spread the crazy love!
Who do you ship?
ATLA: Kataang, Tokka, Maiko

LOK: Makorra, Bosami, **Tahnorra- Tumblr convinced me to like it as well. XD** Mako's scarfxLin's metal cables :naughty:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tumblr_lob83qXjhV1qgworxo1_500.gif

Last edited:
The only ship I have any feels for in LoK is Tahnorra. I don't even know why.

In Avatar I liked Maiko a lot. :3 Plus I have a soft spot for Tyzula, too. <3

I'm not too sure on their abbreviated names but:

Sokka x Toph
Aang x Zuko
Azula x Ty Lee

For LoK nothing has taken my interest ship wise. Tahno x Korra could possibly get some of my interest if they have a few more scenes together but I don't think he's going to show up much from now on.

I never really shipped that much in TLA. Maybe when I rewatch the series I will. But as for Korra...ohhh boy.

My favorite is Makorra because...well...I don't know if I really have much of a reason. XD Korra and Mako are just way too adorable together. Their personalities go together so well, even if they can both be a bit brash and don't always think before they speak. They've had their rocky moments, but even despite that and the fact that Mako is with Asami, I really think they'd be perfect for each other.

I also really love Borra, Korrasami, and Masami.

I haven't watched a lot of Avatar: The Last Airbender but so far I'm liking Borra in Legend of Korra. Their interactions are always amusing.

For TLA, my favorite ships were Zuko x Katara, Mai x Zuko, and Sokka x Suki. Sokka x Suki was just so adorable, I loved their interactions.

For Korra, I definitely support Borra the most. So far.

The only ship I ever liked in Avatar was Aang and Toph. However I feel as though there's so many I want to happen in the legend of Korra I can't decide if I want makorra or borra to happen. based on the recent episode, I like Lin and tenzin together and am curious to see their past relationship.

In The Last Airbender, I only liked Aang x Toph, Katara x Zuko, and even Katara x Sokka :'D Yes, I know I am a weird shipper.

In Legend of Korra, Korra and Mako all the way.

Aang x Zuko

Wait...WHAT?? YOU SHIPPED THIS?!? I could have sworn you picked on me for shipping this! D:<

Anyways, I don't ship TOO hard in Avatar, but it's hard for me to take my shipping goggles off anywhere XD In the original series, I was a big Aang/Zuko shipper (never got the pairing name, was it Aangko or Zaang?). I mean, they birthed a city together, may as well be canon. I also liked Taang and Tako.

In LOK, I am, and forever will be, a Borra shipper. Never planned it, it just happened :( Tahnorra seems interesting too, but honestly, I think that Tahno x himself is the best pairing of all XD

Also, who can deny the sexiness of Korrasami? :3

I multiship way more for LoK than I ever did for ATLA.. But...

ATLA I pretty much shipped the canon couples. MAIKO and to a lesser extent sukka are my unabashed favorites. ATLA I tolerated Kataang even if I didn't particularly like it... I mostly enjoyed some scenes, but not all of them. I mostly just ship it so Tenzin can come into existence. Not that I dislike it; I just never favored it. :< I also heavily ship Aang/Zuko and Tyzula <3 and to a very somewhat fucked up degree, Zuko/Azula and Sokka/Azula. I used to like Zutara, which has mellowed down to pretty much indifference. The internet's zutara shippers had a huge hand in turning me off the ship.

For LoK, I pretty much... ship everything... yeah.

Makorra was my favorite for a while and I still like it, but really just shipping the quartet of Team Avatar has my heart for the moment. Makorrasamilin <3
I also like Korrasami which was also my favorite for a while (and is probably my favorite ship at the moment), I like Bosami and Masami, and I even sort of like Borra (but less than I enjoy the others)
...Hence, the lesser of all evils, MAKORRASAMILIN.

My favorite relationships of the entire series aren't romantic in nature though - Tenzin/Korra is a favorite, just as how I adored the closeness of Zuko/Iroh. Also BORRA/MAKO brotherly love just sends me into a complete dither. I have so many head canons regarding Mako's big bro status, and it just makes me feel faint with how amazing all of it is. Mako is just such a good big brother and reminds me of my own and fadsljkflsdjfjklfdl.

...thinking about it now, I seem to support a lot more pairings than I thought.=/
For The Last Airbender.... yeah, Kataang is pretty cute, and Zutara is too, I guess. Maiko I actually support as well.

And then there's The Legend of Korra...>_>
Well, I "pair" a lot of stuff here, although some not "romantically".
For one, I really like Tenzin and Korra's relationship--mentor/student or father/daughter.
And I also like Bo Lin/Korra, but mostly as "best buds forever".

"Romantically" though...?
I definitely like the thought of Tenzin/Lin, despite the former already being married. How Tenzin attempted to flatter Lin in episode one, how Korra teased him about his relationship with Lin in episode 6... I loved that.

But Korra again... "romantically"?
TAHNORRA LOL. I... really don't even know why. Perhaps it's because of dA (I haven't seen just what the Tahnorra support is like on tumblr...), perhaps it's their interaction in episode 7...
Too bad we probably won't see the two interact a whole lot after that scene... hopefully I'm wrong.

I'd like MakoxKorra if Mako wasn't such a jerk in the series in general. I mean latest episodes did you see all the crap he did?
To Bolin/Korra and his new girlfriend even? The kiss between him and Korra behind his girlfriends back and he still hasn't tolled her. Than, he knew Bolin liked Korra and still.

I'm shocked we still have some MakoxKorra shippers around here any ways, most fans think the guys a jerk that Korra deserves better but yahXD

I'll ship Borra {BolinxKorra} For now, sure Bolin's a bit imature for now, I'm hearing spoilers hey'll have an arc where hey'll get more mature.

I've only ever shipped one thing in Avatar, and that was Toph/Aang.

Oh, but now Legend of Korra comes along, and I'm so confused! I love Makorra, but I love Borra also! My brain can't decide! I also enjoyed the Lin/Tenzin interaction as well, along with being very curious how their relationship was in the past, since they had gone out before. xD

In TLA, I really liked:

- Tyzula
- Zuko x Mai
- Sokka x Suki

In Korra, though...I don't know. Mostly I really like Korrasami for aesthetic appeal XD Borra is pretty adorable, too, though.

Really hoping we get more back story on the Tenzin/Lin business. Ha.

TLA: Kataang, Maiko, Tokka, Sokka X Suki, Sokka X Ty Lee, Sokka X Toph X Suki X Ty Lee, and a little Katara X Jet. I'm boring. :/

LOK: I dunno, the writing's so good in this show that I don't really have a preference for any ships present, because whatever happens, I can rest assured it will have quality writing to go with it. I do have a soft spot for Borra though.

For TLA, I shipped all of the canon couples: Kataang, Sukka, Maiko, etc, but I also enjoyed a few of the alternate pairings, like Toko (Toph x Zuko), Zutara, and Taang.

As for LoK, I'm still kind of undecided! I really like Makorra, but Masami and Borra have grown on me a little, too. I think once more episodes come out I'll be able to make up my mind, lol :)

I'm honestly stuck on who I think Korra would be best with. Bolin's a little too similar to Korra imho so that relationship would seem a bit bland so I'm leaning a little more towards Mako, but even then, I seem to draw a blank most of the time in the end. Something just seems to be missing for those two >: asami get out even though i like you but the more I rewatch that scene with them under the tree, the more my choice solidifies in my mind. Jumping through hoops and going through obstacles makes the ship much more interesting in the end to me... think I just decided on what I ship as I type this XD;

Can't believe I didn't notice this thread before. I have preferred pairings in The Last Airbender, but not Legend of Korra. In the case of the latter, just about every possible heterosexual pairing appeals to me. I like them all! So I won't choose, lol. Besides, it means that I'll be satisfied no matter who ends up with who. ^^

As for TLA, my preferences are:

AangxToph
JetxKatara
SokkaxSuki
ZukoxWhat's-her-name from the Earth Kingdom. That girl he went out on a date with after meeting her at Iroh's tea shop. You know who I mean. xP

Zuko and Mai are cute too though, but Mai leaves him eventually, so yeah. I didn't really like Mai much anyway. But Zuko and Sokka are both awesome characters. I really liked Jet too and his interactions with Katara.

I was sooo upset when Jet died. That bastard earth bender!

These are my preferences:

For A:TLA I like a lot of what's canon anyway.

AangxKatara
SokkaxSuki
ZukoxMai

For Korra I don't have too much of a preference except for one big one.... BolinxKorra!
I mean come on, it's so cute. Plus Mako and Asami are good together and I don't want Mako to screw that up.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom