• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.
  • Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here:

Legendaries Discussion

Which was your favorite from this?

• Zacian

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Zamazenta

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Eternatus

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Meteodyna

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Lovely
Reaction score
The pokemon in the title images for Sword and Shield seem to hint at two very similar looking box mascot legendaries. Who are they, and what role would they play in the games?

King of Planet Panthera
Reaction score
Actually, while I first thought the two legendaries were going to be wolf-like based on the logos, it seems to be a metal snake and a wooden horse according to 4Chan. If true, snake is for sure going to be Sword, and the horse is going to be Shield, but it could be different.

Reaction score
I think It's still too early to tell. The graphic in the logos don't have to necessarily represent the legendaries that literally, or even at all...

King of Planet Panthera
Reaction score
If the legendaries are indeed wolves, I'd guess their types would be Fire and Ice/Water, but that is just basing it solely on the color of the logos and the wolf heads. The region also looks like Finland, moreso than the UK.

If so, the wolves could be norse mythology based on these:

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
If the legendaries are indeed wolves, I'd guess their types would be Fire and Ice/Water, but that is just basing it solely on the color of the logos and the wolf heads. The region also looks like Finland, moreso than the UK.

If so, the wolves could be norse mythology based on these:

There’s the Big Ben in the trailer so it’s most likely UK.

Lovely
Reaction score
I think It's still too early to tell. The graphic in the logos don't have to necessarily represent the legendaries that literally, or even at all...
The logos from before had represented the mascot legendaries though. GF might be breaking the pattern for this game but still.

Sword/shield that points to knights and heroes, possible twin mascots, possible monarchy in pokemon...
I'm getting BW vibes here... the mascot legendaries could be like Reshiram and Zekrom.

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
For now, based on the logos, I'm gonna guess bipedal, attack based wolf and quadruped, defense based wolf.

#1 Wooloo Fan
Reaction score
The tale of Romulus and Remus ties into how Rome was built.

Maybe it'll be twin wolf legendaries who are tied into the creation/founding of Galar?

Administrator
Reaction score
The logos definitely gave me the impression that we'll have some wolf-based Legendary Pokemon. That would be awesome considering wolves are one of my favorite animals. I can also see one being more offensive and the other being defensive to tie into the Sword and Shield titles of the games.

Extinct (but still Killer!)
Reaction score
If they're wolves, I want their names to have something to do with "Fenrir".

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
I love the idea of twin wolf legendaries, and I am really interesting if these Logos do end up being hints to the legendaries

Reaction score
I think it's just gonna be 1 legendary this time for both version, considered the fact that the wolf head look the same on both version logos.

Laid to Wake
Reaction score
If it is the wolves, I wonder if they'll repeat what they did with Cosmog and have them be branches of an evolutionary line.

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
With the exception of Gen V, every game pair has had a red/blue dichotomy to them (albeit via some serious squinting in the case of Gold/Silver) so I wouldn't take the colors of the logos too seriously.

I, for one, am hoping for a Grass Type box legend for once. Perhaps Grass/Fairy or Grass/Dragon. The counterpart can be a Poison Type because we still need more Poison type legendaries.

Reaction score
With the exception of Gen V, every game pair has had a red/blue dichotomy to them (albeit via some serious squinting in the case of Gold/Silver) so I wouldn't take the colors of the logos too seriously.

I, for one, am hoping for a Grass Type box legend for once. Perhaps Grass/Fairy or Grass/Dragon. The counterpart can be a Poison Type because we still need more Poison type legendaries.
Grass type chance is slim, "sword and shield"!!!

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
Grass type chance is slim, "sword and shield"!!!
Wooden shields were a thing (so were wooden practice swords, for that matter.) At any rate, a Grass/Steel legendary wouldn't be a stretch.