• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Legendaries Discussion

Which was your favorite from this?

• Zacian

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Zamazenta

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Eternatus

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Meteodyna

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Idk, I wouldn't be surprised if they went the Xerneas route and had them Fairy or even Fairy/Dark. Xerneas was not a typical cutesy Fairy to say the least, and I would like more of that obscure actual mythical theme at play. A lot of people also compared it to the Deer God from Princess Mononoke, so maybe its time we get the iconic Wolf reference.

I'm sticking with my idea of the legendaries being Wolves based on Skoll and Hati, the wolves that chase the moon and sun respectively. The region has a norse-germanic influence due to its name after all.

As for typing, if the whole sun and moon theme pans out, I'd say the primary are atleast going to be Fire and Ice (or Water). Secondary types I have no idea for yet.

I can actually see them being the same legendary, just in a different form. It isn't out of the ordinary for Game Freak to change the conventions of legendary Pokemon nowadays. I just hope they don't use the Original Dragon-like story for the mascot or mascots. I prefer that story to be unique to Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem.

Sword Wolf will have high attack stats, Shield Wolf will be a tank with high defense stats. Shield wolf will be the guardian.

I think it would be cool if the Mythical Pokemon was inspired by the Loch Ness Monster from Scotland. I think it would be rather fitting.

Sword Wolf will have high attack stats, Shield Wolf will be a tank with high defense stats. Shield wolf will be the guardian.

I think it would be cool if the Mythical Pokemon was inspired by the Loch Ness Monster from Scotland. I think it would be rather fitting.
Lapras is based on the Loch Ness Monster.

Lapras is based on the Loch Ness Monster.
To be fair, it wouldn't be the first time they've repeated concepts, Moltres and Ho-oh are believed to be inspired by different interpretations of the Phoenix for instance. They can always use the Loch Ness Monster concept and then play into a different aspect of its lore or a different interpretation of it.

So, the Nazca line Dragon thing shooting flames & lighting and burning poor hapless people I'm guessing in the past during its reign of terror...

The super legend of Galar in which the Sword & Shield Wolves teamed up to defeat? Someone in another thread mentioned this legend I believe: Bisterne Dragon - Wikipedia

Some people really want the two wolves, some the snake and horse. We've got 3 - 11 legendaries, plus mythics and some other additions (like the UBs) a generation. There's no reason we can't have both pairs. It's just debating who will be on the box.

Why would Game Freak put a Wolf on the logo and not include a legendary Wolf on the actual title to go with it? There is literally nothing suggesting any sort of Snek or Horsey other than a leak which guessed the names.

Water/steel and fire/fairy? Ice/ghost and fire/steel? Ice/steel and dark/fairy?

Heard what wonder looks be Legendary wolfs based on Skoll and Hati in Logo.
imagines Third Legendary is unknown giant creature like a Cerberus.

Not certain if this is the right thread for this, but I wanted to discuss Zacian’s and Zamazenta’s possible typings.

I figure both will have the same type just due to their similarities design-wise. I feel like both will be part Steel since they have metallic elements, a sword and a shield respectively, integrated into their design, and because the gold parts of their bodies have a metallic shimmer. To my knowledge, only Steel types like Dialga have this affect. Granted, their in-game models may not have this shimmer, but I feel like that is very unlikely. As for their secondary typings, Fairy and Fighting seem pretty fitting. Of course, GameFreak does not always go with typings that are fitting (on the surface at least), such as Solgaleo’s Psychic/Steel typing. So it’s possible that either legendary might have a typing that seems odd at first glance but makes more sense later.

Zacian and Zamazenta are the Legendaries of Pokemon Sword and Shield.
Oddly, their typings weren't released. This as led fans (like me) to put on their thinking caps to figure out the typings of these pokemon. I want to throw my hat (or typing) into the ring as part of the speculation of these legendaries' typings, as well as discussing the remaining two legendaries in confirmed leaks: Eternatus and Meteordyna.
Meteordyna Art Credit
Eternatus Art Credit not found
Zacian - Fighting/Ice - The Sword of Frost
Although most people assume Steel with this Pokemon, I am fascinated with the Fightng and Ice typings. Giving it this typing makes it super effective against 9 different types (scaling found here) and weak to 6 types. This is the ultimate sword. Best offense, worst defense. No, I didn't just pick it because Zacian is blue. In the trailer when Zacian goes Super Saiyan his sword becomes icy blue.
Stat speculation:
HP 70
ATK 180
DEF 70
SP. ATK 160
SP. DEF 70
SPD 130
BST 680
Zamazenta - Steel/Fire - The Spicy Shield
This one is fun. It has 9 resistances and 3 weaknesses. And yes, I picked it because when Zamazenta goes Super Saiyan he becomes red hot like a sun.
Stat Speculation:

HP 130
ATK 70
DEF 180
SP. ATK 70
SP. DEF 160
SPD 70
Eternatus - Dragon/Flying - I have no words - Just a Fricking Dragon
Due to the UK's association with dragons in mythology
and stories.
1st reason: Beowulf who fought dragons with a sword and shield.
2nd reason: Ascalon, a lance (or in some version, a sword) used to slay the dragon by Saint George.

Stat Speculation:
HP 100
ATK 120
DEF 105
SP. ATK 120
SP. DEF 105
SPD 130
BST 680
Finally, Meteordyna - Dark/Psychic - The Beast Behind Dynamax.
Just a huge towering monster humanoid. A silhouette. Make it creepy as heck. I don't care at this point.
Stat Speculation:
HP 130

ATK 125
DEF 120
SP. ATK 160
SP. DEF 120
SPD 105
BST 760
So what do you think? Am I spitballing too far? Taking shots in the dark? What's your favorite speculation?
Tell me down belowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Last edited:
Now I think they will reveal the wolves typings in 2 hours, what are everyones guesses?

I'm going with Fighting/Fairy or pure Fighting for Zacian and Fighting/Steel for Zamazenta. Reasons are firstly Gen7 had a space theme so that's one reason why the main legendaries are Psychic types - with makes the typings for the wolves quite obvious because Gen8's theme is confirmed to be "the strongest Pokémon"/Sports & Fighting. Secondly I think these typings might symbolize the Strongest Offense and Highest Defense theme of the wolves quite well.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom