• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Legendary Arena [Current: Entei]

Parissong

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
The Legendary Arena is a special battle area where you can form multiple teams and take on the challenge using a set number of sync pairs!

The Legendary Arena is Pokémon Masters' newest game mode addition, where the player character is put into a PvE against an extremely powerful foe. Using the power of their sync pairs and executing strategies, players will be able to gain various arena rewards and obtain exclusive medals to show their victory/

The current Legendary Arena right now is:
  • N/A
What are your thoughts on it so far? Do you have any strategies to share? Let us know what kind of awesome foes you'd like to face in future arenas!

Last edited:
The Legendary Arena is Pokémon Masters' newest game mode addition, where the player character is put into a PvE against an extremely powerful foe. Using the power of their sync pairs and executing strategies, players will be able to gain various arena rewards and obtain exclusive medals to show their victory/

The current Legendary Arena right now is:
  • Entei
What are your thoughts on it so far? Do you have any strategies to share? Let us know what kind of awesome foes you'd like to face in future arenas!
I hate level 3 entei. Initial thoughts are that fully leveled Floatzel is pretty helpful for it since the critical and flinch boosts. Then for pure power I do a round of Feraligator, Samurott, and Starmie.

Also found out you can give it status like poison but that goes away after each phase

I hate level 3 entei. Initial thoughts are that fully leveled Floatzel is pretty helpful for it since the critical and flinch boosts. Then for pure power I do a round of Feraligator, Samurott, and Starmie.

Also found out you can give it status like poison but that goes away after each phase

Some teams have tried stacking on those % damage over time, such as status (poison/burn) with trapped (eg. Milotic's Whirlpool or Masquerain's Infestation). Is Stall really a good option though? I would not think so since Entei gets stronger!

Some teams have tried stacking on those % damage over time, such as status (poison/burn) with trapped (eg. Milotic's Whirlpool or Masquerain's Infestation). Is Stall really a good option though? I would not think so since Entei gets stronger!
I find toxic/poison + trapping is best for the 3rd phase. At least to start because Entei really doesn't take as much damage at that point and hits hard so every little chip counts. I would only do that for the first team that fights in phase 3, then do whatever damage you can at that point.

I think that the idea is good, but the execution is a bit lacking. It is supposed to be an extremely difficult challenge, but I was struggling with the just the Hard level for quite some time. It's also annoying because not only does it benefit to have some of the five star Sync Pairs like Wallace and Grimmsley, but also certain abilities from the Sync Grid. The latter wouldn't be that much of a problem if it didn't take so many generic Sync Orbs to complete even just a couple of boosts for a Sync Pair. I had over nine thousand Sync Orbs, but now I'm down to about a hundred after going through various Sync Pairs to get better abilities. It probably won't take me too long to get more since they've been better about giving out more Sync Orbs, much better than free gems by comparison, but it's still kind of annoying. The poison and trapping combo is definitely the way to go after you get Entei to the third phase. That made is so much easier to chip away at its health,

I also used up over a thousand of the three star level up manuals. It was a good thing that I ended up stocking up more of them and relying on the level up events for most of my Sync Pairs, but I really hope that they don't introduce another Legendary Pokemon to battle against right after the Entei event is over. At least give players the chance to stock up on items again before jumping into another Legendary Pokemon battle. Plus, I'd want them to not make the difficult spike so noticeable and intense. The medals are cool though.

I probably should've posted this Day 1 but totally forgot in the heat of the moment. I beat all three parts with only 3 sync pairs, so basically 3v1 Entei. I used Cynthia (3/5 grid), Acerola (1/5 grid) and Skyla (4 star 2/5 grid). They are all max levelled and fully gridded.

The strategy is pretty straightforward. You basically buff Garchomp up with Acerola's Sandstorm helping that, and let Garchomp spam Earthquake to oblivion. Skyla is there to tank hits and use potions to sustain the entire team up. With enough sync moves you'll be hitting insane numbers for Garchomp's Earthquake that can sweep the entire game. Keep in mind critical hits bypass the physical and special shield of Entei, which Garchomp should be hitting all crits for with "I'm Having Too Much Fun!"

However, Acerola is the lynchpin. With her Aggravation 1 skill (from her grid), she is able to flinch Entei with a high % of success (51% I believe) that allows Cynthia and Skyla to set up. She also gets a lot of residual healing from Over Here! and Soothing Sand from her grid. As long as you get lucky flinches, it will allow Garchomp to snowball and steamroll.

I have been stuck on Very Hard Entei for days and I absolutely loathe it. I've tried everything that I can think of. I've tried making it flich, I've done the poison/trap combo and I tried putting it to sleep. The sleep strategy was especially hard when Entei sleeps for only a few seconds and the timing is to land another sleep move is so annoying. I've had more success with the flich strategy, but the problem is that Floatzel is the only Pokemon that could consistently make it flich. Because of Misty and Skyla, I'm usually able to get through the first health bar and halfway through the second. I struggle to get to the third health bar and I've gotten the health down to just thirty percent before running out of sync pairs.

I've used up a lot of my level up manuals and I don't have a lot of Sync Orbs left either. Is there any way I can actually defeat Very Hard Entei at this point? I don't have Cynthia or any of the other Champions.

Have you tried using double or even triple flinch? Only use flinching moves, and don't even go for Sync moves.

Have you tried using double or even triple flinch? Only use flinching moves, and don't even go for Sync moves.

Aside from Floatzel and Houndoom, I'm not sure if I have a lot of Sync Pairs with consistent flinching moves. Crasher Wake's ability increases the chances for Waterfall to flich and I can usually get Houndoom's Bite to at least poison Entei after I went through her Sync Grid, but I think that's about it in terms of consistent effects. Not using Sync moves might be tricky since that gives Floatzel the major power boost it needs to cause more serious damage with just a regular Waterfall too.

Aside from Floatzel and Houndoom, I'm not sure if I have a lot of Sync Pairs with consistent flinching moves. Crasher Wake's ability increases the chances for Waterfall to flich and I can usually get Houndoom's Bite to at least poison Entei after I went through her Sync Grid, but I think that's about it in terms of consistent effects. Not using Sync moves might be tricky since that gives Floatzel the major power boost it needs to cause more serious damage with just a regular Waterfall too.

What about Acerola?

Aim for Aggravation 1! If you can afford it, Soothing Sand. Those two are the two pivotal ones! I hope that helps make it more efficient

I appreciate the suggestions. I already had Aggravation 1 and I managed to get Soothing Sand, but I don't think it worked that well. I think I needed to active more of Acerola's Sync Grind to make it more effective. I reworked Barry's Sync Grind and he was a beast against Entei. With both Empoleon and Floatzel, I managed to get Entei down to its last health bar in record time before my phone ran out of power. That didn't bother me too much since it was already close to 11PM by the time I was able to play the game, so I wouldn't have been able to beat Entei that fast anyway.

I assume that they'll make Entei available in the future since they usually repeat events at least once. I'll just go back to farming Sync orbs and use the Sync Grind more effectively. I think that was part of the problem since I thought that I needed to activate all of the grids instead of having only a limited amount available per Sync Pair. If I had the right moves and abilities for Misty and Skyla's Sync Grinds combined with Barry's, I might have had a much easier time against Very Hard Entei. It's a bit disappointing, but it does help that I know what to expect for next time. I pray that they don't introduce a different Legendary Pokemon for a long time though. Entei was so brutal and I used up a lot of items, so I need time to restock on level up manuals at least.

I appreciate the suggestions. I already had Aggravation 1 and I managed to get Soothing Sand, but I don't think it worked that well. I think I needed to active more of Acerola's Sync Grind to make it more effective. I reworked Barry's Sync Grind and he was a beast against Entei. With both Empoleon and Floatzel, I managed to get Entei down to its last health bar in record time before my phone ran out of power. That didn't bother me too much since it was already close to 11PM by the time I was able to play the game, so I wouldn't have been able to beat Entei that fast anyway.

I assume that they'll make Entei available in the future since they usually repeat events at least once. I'll just go back to farming Sync orbs and use the Sync Grind more effectively. I think that was part of the problem since I thought that I needed to activate all of the grids instead of having only a limited amount available per Sync Pair. If I had the right moves and abilities for Misty and Skyla's Sync Grinds combined with Barry's, I might have had a much easier time against Very Hard Entei. It's a bit disappointing, but it does help that I know what to expect for next time. I pray that they don't introduce a different Legendary Pokemon for a long time though. Entei was so brutal and I used up a lot of items, so I need time to restock on level up manuals at least.

Definitely a fight of stamina. I wish you the best, but you are right, they might rerun it for sure. DeNA sure likes doing it, so they might even do a repeat pokéfair with SS Grimsley too!

Finally took up the drive to do it and I actually found it fairly easier than the Entei LA! I was also able to 3v1 it on Very Hard with f2p units (Skyla, Flannery, Ramos) although I did have a sacrifical debuff team that greatly helped! I hope others were able to secure the medal too!

I think that Cobalion is harder than Entei. It was relatively easier to go through the first stage, but I'm struggling on just Very Hard right now. I've been using Flannery, Acerola and Janine since I saw a playthrough that worked pretty well with that lineup, but I struggle just to get it down to its last health bar. I also hate it how they want players to use status conditions, but then they make it so Cobalion can't be poisoned or burned after a certain point. Having it recover from status conditions when its health is getting low is also pretty cruel. I didn't have much luck with the sleep strategy before with Entei, so I don't know how well that would work for Cobalion, especially when I've already used up all of my Sync Orbs to make Flannery work.

I would also like some help on beating Cobalion! I've managed to barely beat Cobalion on Very Hard (for me, Olivia dealt just enough damage (final 20% of healthbar) to finish off a paralyzed Cobalion within 4 turns), but I would like to try for the 15 or 12 Sync Pair Achievements.

I also used a sacrificial debuff team at first (Oak, Mina, Clemont) and got to the final healthbar with 12 Sync Pairs, but that last healthbar took me 18 Sync Pairs to clear...

Have you beat Cobalion yet? If not, what team are you using so far? You mentioned Flannery, and I actually was able to do it with her too — all f2p units too! I would love to make a write up for you if you'd like @Hidden Mew

I'd really appreciate that. At this point, I'm not sure if I have much of a chance to get through the event, but I can still give it a try, especially using free to play units.

I'd really appreciate that. At this point, I'm not sure if I have much of a chance to get through the event, but I can still give it a try, especially using free to play units.

I finally managed to beat Cobalion on Very Hard with 12 Sync Pairs, but I couldn't do it with just f2p units.

I used a sacrificial debuff team right at the beginning (Oak, Mina, Clemont), which probably knocked off like 5% of Cobalion's health. You should have Mina already as she's a 3 Star unit, but Clemont might be harder to get. I used him mainly to lower Cobalion's accuracy, so maybe Hapu can replace him?

Then I used an attacking team with Hypnosis (Flint, Rosa, Serena), with Flint as the main attacker, Rosa for her Time to Energize, and Serena to put the opponent to sleep; in the end, this team was able to take Cobalion down to half health (50% of second health bar). You might be able to sub out Serena for Agatha, but Serena's powered up Sync Move when the opponent is asleep came in handy for me.

After that I used an attacking team with Will-O-Wisp (Silver, Skyla, Flannery), with Silver as the main attacker, Skyla for defense buffs and to keep the team alive, and Flannery to guarantee burns; after a few tries, I was able to take out a full health bar of Cobalion, leaving it at 49% of third health bar. This team should be the easiest to assemble, unless you didn't get Silver during his event.

Finally, I used an attacking team with the ability to inflict 'Badly Poisoned' status (Ethan, Koga, Lyra), with Ethan as the main attacker, Koga to badly poison Cobalion, and Lyra to buff Ethan up to +6 Special Attack; I had to rely on a lot of luck to make it work (Poison Fang working, Lyra to not get finished off before all buffs have been applied, finishing the fight within one cycle or 4 turns before Cobalion decimates my team with its Sync Move), but I managed to scrape by after a lot of retries. This is probably the hardest team to assemble, with Ethan and Lyra being 5 Star Gacha units; Lyra might still be replaceable as other units can give similar buffs, but I needed Ethan's high damage output to finish the fight before Cobalion could fire off its own Sync Move.

If you can't pull it off, then this guide from Reddit is pretty useful (View: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonMasters/comments/hmrffb/f2pish_very_hard_vs_cobalion/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=comments_view_all
). I tried following it, but I could never get the timing of my Sleep Powder right...

Anyways, best of luck to you! There's still a day or so left in this event, so there's still time!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom