• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Legendary Arena [Current: Entei]

If you can't pull it off, then this guide from Reddit is pretty useful (View: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonMasters/comments/hmrffb/f2pish_very_hard_vs_cobalion/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=comments_view_all
). I tried following it, but I could never get the timing of my Sleep Powder right...

Anyways, best of luck to you! There's still a day or so left in this event, so there's still time!

Exact team comp I used! What a small world huh.

Though, the Torkoal Victreebel Swanna team is just my main team. I actually had a sacrifical team beforehand too!

I recommend using Koga, Janine, and Hapu instead. The first two are crucial to inflict the first status condition (poison) and Janine can spam Venom Drench to severely debuff Cobalion. Hapu can spam Mud-Slap on Cobalion to make moves like Stone Edge and Sacred Sword miss, which is pertinent seeing they do high damage.

Thank you both for the suggestions. I managed to get through Very Hard Cobalion last night. I'm trying to see if I can get through the last stage, but it's really difficult. They really need to work these Legendary Area events better. They are designed to be challenging, but they're just too difficult unless you got a specific Sync Pair or a good Sync Grid, which is also difficult considering how many Sync Orbs you need to use to fully power a Sync Pair. I used up virtually everything to make Flannery usable since I thought that she would crush Cobalion like I've seen on other videos. It's just really frustrating when now status conditions may not work, despite how they suggest to players to use them.

I've been trying to use Torkoal, Victreebel and Swanna, but it hasn't worked out that well for me. I got through the first health bar and maybe close to halfway through the second before losing everyone. There just needs to be a better balance between being difficult and fun.

For me, Latios was much easier than Entei and Cobalion.

Without using any guides, I managed to one shot Latios on Normal and Hard with just Professor Oak, Leaf, and Skyla, and beat Latios on Very Hard within 12 Sync Pairs on my first go.

Sure. I have a good amount of the premium sync pairs. They aren't all fully unlocked and I'm missing some but I have a good amount.

Ok, I normally start things off with a sacrificial debuff team, but with 2 extra Pokemon assisting Latios this time around, I decided that it would probably be better to take them out first.

So first team up, I had Synga Suit Cynthia, Leaf, and Skyla. Buff up Cynthia's Special Attack twice, and also buff up everyone's defence and speed with Skyla's ability, but don't go all the way to +6 on the first go around. Make sure to have unlocked Skyla's potential to boost defence more than twice. Then have Cynthia use Clanging Scales as much as possible; since this move lowers defence, remember to boost defence using Skyla's ability every so often. I also used Leaf's Sync Move rather than Synga Suit Cynthia's, as this buys a bit more time before Cynthia completely depletes her defence. With Leaf and Skyla, you also get to heal anyone whose health is running low. I managed to defeat the two assisting Pokemon and got Latios down to half health (50% of Second Health Bar) with this team, but I'm pretty sure I can whittle down even more of Latios' health if I tried for a better run.

After this, I went with Zinnia, Rosa, and Viola. I first trapped Latios with Infestation, while also boosting special attack using Rosa twice and Zinnia once, then keep blasting away at Latios with Draco Meteor while making sure to refill move gauge constantly with Rosa. I didn't do great damage with this team, but I did get to the last health bar of Latios, which is when their weakness switches over to Ice.

For this phase, I basically winged it and put in Professor Oak, Glacia, and Candice. Change the weather to hail with Candice, give everyone Regen with Glacia (also don't forget to use Attention Here), and have Professor Oak use all of his buffs before using his Sync Move. Hail takes out a lot of Latios' health per move, and Professor Oak's Blizzard at +6 Special Attack should make quick work of Latios.

I might try to go through Very Hard Latios again using only free and common Sync Pairs. If I manage to beat Latios within 12 Sync Pairs, I'll do another write-up.

Ok, I normally start things off with a sacrificial debuff team, but with 2 extra Pokemon assisting Latios this time around, I decided that it would probably be better to take them out first.

So first team up, I had Synga Suit Cynthia, Leaf, and Skyla. Buff up Cynthia's Special Attack twice, and also buff up everyone's defence and speed with Skyla's ability, but don't go all the way to +6 on the first go around. Make sure to have unlocked Skyla's potential to boost defence more than twice. Then have Cynthia use Clanging Scales as much as possible; since this move lowers defence, remember to boost defence using Skyla's ability every so often. I also used Leaf's Sync Move rather than Synga Suit Cynthia's, as this buys a bit more time before Cynthia completely depletes her defence. With Leaf and Skyla, you also get to heal anyone whose health is running low. I managed to defeat the two assisting Pokemon and got Latios down to half health (50% of Second Health Bar) with this team, but I'm pretty sure I can whittle down even more of Latios' health if I tried for a better run.

After this, I went with Zinnia, Rosa, and Viola. I first trapped Latios with Infestation, while also boosting special attack using Rosa twice and Zinnia once, then keep blasting away at Latios with Draco Meteor while making sure to refill move gauge constantly with Rosa. I didn't do great damage with this team, but I did get to the last health bar of Latios, which is when their weakness switches over to Ice.

For this phase, I basically winged it and put in Professor Oak, Glacia, and Candice. Change the weather to hail with Candice, give everyone Regen with Glacia (also don't forget to use Attention Here), and have Professor Oak use all of his buffs before using his Sync Move. Hail takes out a lot of Latios' health per move, and Professor Oak's Blizzard at +6 Special Attack should make quick work of Latios.

I might try to go through Very Hard Latios again using only free and common Sync Pairs. If I manage to beat Latios within 12 Sync Pairs, I'll do another write-up.
I was able to do it with 18. I probably don't have the same sync grid setup as you. I might try again. Either way thanks for your guide!

I actually managed to defeat Latios in each round. Normal and even Hard to a lesser degree were actually pretty easy. Very Hard was more challenging, but I defeated Latios after going through a couple of teams. My main team was Misty, Iris and Swana. Haxorus was an absolute beast during this event. Confusion Boom and being able to refill the move gauge after using Outrage was such a necessity. It definitely helped that I finally had a good Sync Grind for Swana, Starmie and Haxorus. Even with free to play units, you still need to be lucky enough to get good Sync Grind boosts and items to increase move levels of the Sync Pairs. If it wasn't easier to collect Sync Orbs now, there's no way I could have gotten enough Sync Orbs for both Swana and Starmie.

It was still so satisfying to finally get all of the medals for a Legendary Area. I should definitely be able to defeat Entei whenever that area returns now that Starmie and Swana can provide good support for other Pokemon. Not to mention I'll be able to use Milotic and Sharpedo whenever that happens.

The current gimmick with Azelf is the fact that it switched between SpDef heavy and Def heavy when it goes below 50% of a bar. Are there any mixed strikers you guys used?

I just used Guzma, Skyla and Misty to defeat Azelf. I was able to basically use Red to power through the first stage, but I used that other team to defeat the second and third stages. It was relatively easy to do with stage two, but it was a struggle with stage three. At least I managed to get another Legendary Arena completed.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom