• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary beasts distribution reveals Celebi event: Event information hidden in codin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Legendary beasts distribution reveals Celebi event: Event information hidden in c

I got my Raikou in HG and Platinum today. I will be getting Entei and Suicune as well. I can't believe we are getting Celebi too!

My gamestop is in walking distance so it's all good. Where I live Toys R us and Gamestop are across the street from each other.

Re: Legendary beasts distribution reveals Celebi event: Event information hidden in c

My gamestop is in walking distance so it's all good. Where I live Toys R us and Gamestop are across the street from each other.

Lol wow, mine too. You wouldn't happen to live in South Florida, would you...? :p

Anyway, got Raikou on my Diamond, Platinum, and HeartGold today. Meh, crappy nature is crappy, but it'll do.

No, I live in central Maryland. Maryland tends to be lucky when it comes to retail however.

I agree the nature for Raikou is bad. At least Entei gets adamant.

Got my first Gamestop Beast this afternoon. The nature doesn't bother me so much; I never actually use event Pokemon to battle, anyway. Not in-game or on wi-fi. I just store them in the PC boxes that I have set aside for events and legendaries.

My friend was saying how he can just get these off Nintendo Wifi Connection so I had my hopes up for nothing. Wish I was in walking distance to get these beasts.. maybe I will get a ride to get them all (hopefully). Would rather not miss out on events esp. if I know they are actually happening for once! Congrats to all you lucky people who got your Raikou today!

Well I still got my shiny beasts for my Japanese Heartgold and Soulsilver but I'm going to wait until they're released on Wi Fi because my parents never let me go there until its vacation time, always sucks because the events are never released when we're NOT in school ;-)

I might be getting an Raikou today. I need to stop by Target, which is very close by Gametop, to get a new notebook for this semester. If I don't get one, I hope I can at least get Entei or Suicune or get Raikou from Wi-Fi.

Hey, does anyone know if Australia's equivalent to GameStop, EB Games will distribute it like a few times before?
218093_win_img1_en_74.jpg

Not sure how many Raikou I will get, Rash is a pretty crappy nature for him. The Entei is pretty sweet, though.

Very excited about the Celebi event...gonna get 5 :DD

I'm not going to be able to get the Legendary Beasts, because my mom took away both my DS and DSi for a month. I won't be able to unlock access to Zoroark. :-/

I'm going to preorder Pokémon White Version this week, so hopefully I'll be able to pickup Celebi when I get it. :)

Wait! Celebi? Finally!!!

As I live in the UK, have limited spare time and costs of traveling to the US are just a tad prohibitive I will not be able to attend the event to get any of the pokemon that I would love to have for Black/White release.

WHY have a WiFi facility incorporated into a game when you can hardly ever use it...... Am I missing something here? I'm pretty sure I paid good money for my HS and Platinum and Pearl & Ruby etc......... So WHY are those of us who live in the UK and other countries (or non gamestop states for that matter) being penalised because of where we live when there is a perfectly good facility built into the game?...........

Last edited:

I'm a bit confused by this article. The reason why is because of Gamestop.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/pokemonbw/default.aspx?loc=homemerch1txt

It states there that getting all three shiny legendary dogs and transferring them to Black or White is the ONLY way to battle and catch Zoroark. Now if it's possible to get Zorua with Celebi, why would you be able to get Zoroark as well from the exact same event?

So WHY are those of us who live in the UK and other countries (or non gamestop states for that matter) being penalised because of where we live when there is a perfectly good facility built into the game?...........

Marketing. The events lure people into the store where they buy more Pokemon games.

I'm a bit confused by this article. The reason why is because of Gamestop.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/pokemonbw/default.aspx?loc=homemerch1txt

It states there that getting all three shiny legendary dogs and transferring them to Black or White is the ONLY way to battle and catch Zoroark. Now if it's possible to get Zorua with Celebi, why would you be able to get Zoroark as well from the exact same event?

Not quite sure what your question means. You can only encounter Zoroark with the Crown Beasts, and you can only encounter Zorua with the Movie Celebi. The Crown Beasts and the Movie Celebi are two different events.

Marketing. The events lure people into the store where they buy more Pokemon games.

I can appreciate the lure of the instore events and the, what I call 'spot marketing'. Surely though, if the events were made more accessable, that maketing would be more effective.

My local Game told me that a nintendo rep had called in with a view to installing the system but had decided not to. If there were any events in Scotland they were likely to be in Glasgow or Edinburgh both of which are a 3 hour round trip. How many more people are penalised because of location in contrast to those who can attend the events and in turn the marketing nintendo misses as a direct result. Also the WiFi aspect (and draw it attracts) starts to loose part of its attraction.

Not quite sure what your question means. You can only encounter Zoroark with the Crown Beasts, and you can only encounter Zorua with the Movie Celebi. The Crown Beasts and the Movie Celebi are two different events.

Information for an upcoming Celebi distribution has been revealed via the distribution materials for the upcoming distribution of the legendary beasts at GameStop.

On top of that, the Gamestop article, as I stated in my prior post, says that the only way to get Zoroark was through trading the shiny legendary dogs from this event. This wouldn't be true if you can get Zorua with Celebi. The whole thing is misleading and/or worded wrong. Can I get Zorua with Celebi and Zoroark with the dogs? Or can I only get Zorua with Celebi and there was a misunderstanding? Just in case you didn't know, Zorua evolves into Zoroark. This is the basis of my questions.

Also, about the movie Celebi: "Most importantly, this will be a fateful encounter Celebi, which will activate a special time-travel event in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions, previously impossible by legitimate means without trading for a Japanese movie Celebi."

No offense, but the movie Celebi has nothing to do with Zoroark or Zorua.

Well, to phrase it better, you can only activate the Zorua in-game interactable by using the Movie Celebi, and you can only activate the Zoroark in-game interactable by using the Crown Beast(s).

The Movie Celebi was found on the same cartridge as the Crown Beasts. They are not related to each other, but were put together to possibly save Nintendo's time.

If I'm not wrong, Celebi appears in the upcoming Pokemon movie with Zorua and Zoroark in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom