• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary beasts distribution reveals Celebi event: Event information hidden in codin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Legendary beasts distribution reveals Celebi event: Event information hidden in c

Very strange... unless Canada got a different distribution cartridge than the US, I don't understand how they could give Celebi out from the 21st.

Re: Legendary beasts distribution reveals Celebi event: Event information hidden in c

Maybe it has to do with the fact that the distribution cartridges have already been leaked, and people are already offering them up fr trade. I will check to see if my local Gamestop changed its poster yet.

Very strange... unless Canada got a different distribution cartridge than the US, I don't understand how they could give Celebi out from the 21st.

Well, you could technically just change the date on the DS, my friend managed to give me one from the leaked cartridge that way.

Though I'd imagine they'd have to get permission from Nintendo to do so.

Here's a picture of the Celebi giveaway poster at my local Gamestop in case anyone wanted to see it.

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=3257

I'm not sure if I understand your post but this was taken in a Gamestop in BC, Canada.

I believe the dates for the Celebi event are identical for Canadians and Americans.

I'm not sure if I understand your post but this was taken in a Gamestop in BC, Canada.

I believe the dates for the Celebi event are identical for Canadians and Americans.

Well, the leaked cartridges show that each Pokemon within it has a certain distribution window based on the date on the DS. It was found that the earliest date of distribution for Celebi was February 27th, of course, since they use a DS for it, they could always change the date and one-up the actual release schedule, in which case, if they didn't get permission from Nintendo, they'd probably put themselves in hot water.

Well, you could technically just change the date on the DS, my friend managed to give me one from the leaked cartridge that way.

Yeah, you could... I just think that'd be a pretty odd thing for Nintendo to include in their instructions to Gamestop employees running the event. I'd think they'd make it as easy as possible, but a 21st-6th event window requires two system date changes on the DS. First you've got to go forward to the 27th when it begins on the 21st, and then set it back a while later so you can continue the giveaway up until the 6th (since the date window in the software is only 9 days long, and the event supposedly lasts 15 days)

Very, very odd.

Glad it will be starting earlier.......

well i hope that i can get celebi!!!

oh and victini too!!!

lets go!!!!

i hope i can get celebi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom