• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary Birds and Legendary Dogs

FF9ZidaneGal

Gliscor fan since 2006! ♥
Reaction score
I hope I don't get a shouting for posting this and the answer be right under my nose...SORRY SATOSHI-KUUN! <3 ^_^

Anywayz, I was on Bulbapedia and I just so happened to notice that in FireRed and LeafGreen the legendary dogs roam Kanto. How do I get the dogs to roam? I know where 6to catch the birds, but not the dogs.

Also, I read that in Diamond and Pearl that the legendary birds roam Sinnoh. How do I make them roam Sinnoh? I am just trying to find a 100% HACK FREE way of getting all of the legendaries so I can complete my National Dex since the only few Pokemon I am missing are legendaries.

One more question! I know I can get Celebi from Colosseum when I purify all the Shadow Pokemon, but what about Jirachi? Is there a way to get Jirachi over to Diamond and Pearl as well as Celebi?A
P.S : I may notsee this thread right off. If you want, you can also PM me answers as well as posting here. :) THANKS! <33

The birds roam only in platinum
The only one of the dogs roam firered ore leafgreen and it depends on the starting pokemon.
I think its
charmander/suicune roams
squirtle/raikou
bulbasaur/entei
They will start to roam after you obtain national dex in that game

theothers i cant help you one

Thank you. How do I know when Suicune is roaming and how can I track him? Since I took charmander in FireRed.

You would need to encounter Suicune first before you can track it. After you've seen it once, you can use the Pokédex Map feature to track for Suicune. Since the route Suicune is in changes often, be prepared to spend a lot of time looking for it, and a lot of Super Repels to prevent weaker Pokémon from interrupting.

Ugh....I think it would be easier to just de-shaodow them in Colosseum then transfer them to Ruby / Sapphire then migrate them, but thank you. :D

I don't have Colliseum but i restarted both my FR and LG so i wont be getting any dogs fo a while ='[

hmm... I have been looking for Entei for ages on my FR game, while we are on the subject, how would you catch the roaming pokemon when its HP is low enough? All I got is ultra/great balls to use.

I would say use a Gengar so you could use Mean Look and then use Hypnosis and then wittle down its health. Oh also if you're looking for it in FR then dont look for it on the islands because its not there its actualy in Kanto. I first saw Raiku while surfing near Curriliean City on accident, yes i actualy saw Raiku on water so i was like WTF?

Be careful--Hypnosis should work, but don't risk Mean Look--IIRC, the dogs have Roar, which will break the Mean Look and let them flee. Putting them to sleep or paralyzing them is the way to go. As for lowering their HP, False Swipe is always a good move to have. Once their HP is low and they have a status, you're just going to want to lead with a high-level Pokemon and be patient.

A Pokemon with the ability Arean Trap may also be useful, altough this could be broken by Roar as well for all I know. I never actually caught a legandary dog, on Silver or Fire Red. I always just save my masterball, (or in Silver's case clone it and use it on all of them!)

Remember the Roar glitch only applies to Entei and Raikou, not to Suicune. The embodiment of the North Wind never took the time to learn Roar so the OP shouldn't be affected.

I meant for the dogs. Mean look can be used for the birds, cause they don't know roar.

Can Wobbuffet (and Wynaut) be Roared out of battle? If not, they could work too.

To my knowledge they can, that's what makes Entei and Raikou some of the hardest legends to capture.

They can't be roared thanks to Shadow Tag. Incidentally, they are the ones to use if you plan on capturing any of the dogs.

Oh and because Arena Trap doesn't work on the Birds is because it is a Ground-type move. (Ground doesn't affect flying)

Uhm

WRONG!

Roar affects the enemy pokemon and is not the same as the user of Roar trying to switch or flee. So what you have stated here is absolutely incorrect. See the gamespot discussion on this very subject. Please do some research when answering questions because this amounts to misinformation.

To face up to Entei and Raikou you need a pokémon with the one of the two following abilities: Soundproof or Suction Cups. Another option is a pokémon with the move Ingrain that has plenty of speed EVs to outspeed Entei and Raikou. The latter is nice because it can be baton passed.

They can be roared out of battled because in FR i used one to try to catch Raiku and it used roar on my wobbufet and yes it did escape.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom