• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary Dogs following Ash?

popeye

Reaction score
I've been thinking about something lately. Does anyone think it's possible that the legendary dogs and Ho-oh are following Ash? I mean Ash has seen Ho-oh 3 times when nobody has seen it in hundreds of years. The dogs also just seem to pop up in the most random places. Like when Ecruteak city was being attacked by the pokemon ans Suicune just happens to be in the area or when that guy could predict where Entei was gonna pop up.

Question is, does anyone think it's possible that the legendary dogs and Ho-oh are following Ash or watching him?

Probably. But I would say just Suicune, and Ho-Oh.

Suicune now really doesn't just appear for Ash; in its last appearance, it befriended two of those Drifloon girls. It kind of drifted off after Hoenn.

Ho-oh is not following, it is more leading, and even that is implied. It could just be a mad coincidence. The beasts pop up more because their power compels them to. I don't think they hold any particular interest in Ash other than being a kind-hearted trainer with a close bond to his pokemon. I don't think they follow him, though.

Possibly for the legendary dogs.

Ho-oh on the other hand seems to work in a much stranger way (the moments he pops up)

I've been thinking about something lately. Does anyone think it's possible that the legendary dogs and Ho-oh are following Ash? I mean Ash has seen Ho-oh 3 times when nobody has seen it in hundreds of years. The dogs also just seem to pop up in the most random places. Like when Ecruteak city was being attacked by the pokemon ans Suicune just happens to be in the area or when that guy could predict where Entei was gonna pop up.

Question is, does anyone think it's possible that the legendary dogs and Ho-oh are following Ash or watching him?
\

Didn't Ho-Oh appear to May, Max, and Brock as well, so Ash wasn't the only one to see Ho-Oh recently but it is possible that they may be folloeing Ash.... there have been many legendaries that Ash has encountered, excluding Movies.

This was all but completely confirmed in For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll!. The problem is that Ho-Oh's late AG role and Suicune's early DP appearance deviated from that, due to the fact that the Johto games were outdated at the time those episodes aired and so the target audience wouldn't have understood the references. That would obviously not be the case if Ho-Oh or the beasts were to appear now, which is why I'm hoping to that at least one of these Pokémon will be in the League.

Suicune's appearence in DP had little meaning apart from simply upstaging the episode from the Pokémon it was supposed to feature: Drifloon.

considering the 3 dogs have a role in the up coming movie and in the B/W game. i expect to see them again in the anime.

EVERYTHING follows Ash : Legendary Pokemon, Rare Pokemon, Regular Pokemon, Gym leaders, Elite four members, League champions, Men, Women, and who knows what else...

They don't even need a reason to do it ether because Ash does not seem to mind it much. Being the main character means he automatically becomes a anything interesting magnet.^^

PDL said:
Suicune's appearence in DP had little meaning apart from simply upstaging the episode from the Pokémon it was supposed to feature: Drifloon.

Actually, that whole episode is an homage to My Neighbor Totoro, with Suicune filling in for the titular character.

Actually, that whole episode is an homage to My Neighbor Totoro, with Suicune filling in for the titular character.

After watching My Neighbor Totoro for the first time a few weeks ago I can say that said episode is really much more entertaining with the Totoro background in mind.

Although I think that Kabigon with a few little Gonbe would have made a better homage than Suicune.

A lot of legendaries seem to follow Satoshi, but the "random" encounters simply happen because Satoshi is the main character.

Legendary Dogs as in all of them? No
A Legendary Dog? Yes.

Suicune has followed Ash somewhat. However, the other two Ash hasn't really met. I don't remember Ash ever seeing a Raikou, and Entei was just a creation by the unown in the 3rd movie.

I think suicune is definately following him and i just dont know about Ho-oh to me Ho-oh is there to encourage Ash to keep going, he will continue to chase Ho-Oh forever, and it knows about him, and choses when to show itself to him, i do think there is a story behind that, i dont know what it is though. Maybe it just likes Ash. It could also be teasing him, trying to get him to pursue it, and eventually maybe Ho-Oh will battle Ash in the final Pokemon episode.

Legendary Dogs as in all of them? No
A Legendary Dog? Yes.

Suicune has followed Ash somewhat. However, the other two Ash hasn't really met. I don't remember Ash ever seeing a Raikou, and Entei was just a creation by the unown in the 3rd movie.

Raikou appeared in Houndoom's Special Delivery so it was in the same area as Ash

Entei also appeared in the episode the Brock's Pineco evolved

Ho-oh is kinda like Ash's compass since it always leads him while Suicune is like Ash's guardian since in some episodes it saved ash like leading him to Johto and saving him from a cliff in a DP episode.

It's possible Ash isn't being followed so much as he's running into (or not running into) different Pokemon each time, rather than there just being three Legendary Dogs.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom