• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary Pokemon Discussion

GreatLiver

Well-Respected Member
Reaction score
Lets talk about Legendaries! How many do you want? Do you think they'll be released as digital download later on, and that we may not even know they exist at the onset of release?

It's interesting to note the antelope is Y shaped and the bird is X shaped, but it appears Pokemon X has the characteristics of the deer, blue and antlery things, and Pokemon Y has the bird's charcteristics, red and like feathers and tailfeathers.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, you're absolutely right. Now I'm wondering if these legendaries are based on coordinate graphs. xP

But whatever the case, I think they both look EPIC! I can't wait to learn more!

What's Legendary Z, a snake? ooh maybe a sea serpent, The bird = the sky, the deer = the land, and Z perhaps = the sea.

All I know is the flying bird one looked insanely awesome and whichever version has that is what I'll start with >.>

That deer looking one...someone's been watching Princess Mononoke.

If you looked closely, the bird one looked like a Y and the stag one like an X (With some imagination).

We know which legend for which game, unlesss they pull a black white on us.

Lets talk about Legendaries! How many do you want? Do you think they'll be released as digital download later on, and that we may not even know they exist at the onset of release?

It's interesting to note the antelope is Y shaped and the bird is X shaped, but it appears Pokemon X has the characteristics of the deer, blue and antlery things, and Pokemon Y has the bird's charcteristics, red and like feathers and tailfeathers.

No. Clearly Y.

As for the Dialgantelope, I think it's an X if you see it with spread legs.

It's just the spiritual successor to Pokemon Jade.

Ya'll're completely right. I was picturing the bird as having paired tails. Disregard that.

Deer looks epic, they really did a great job on that design. I hope that both have a 720 BST, because they both look epic enough IMO to be granted it.

One thing I'm not surprised about them is that they went with an X/Y plot, to go with the console and everything. What I mean is that 3DS has the whole 3D thing, and introducing a plot with the likely Courtesan Coordinate System fits perfectly if they also introduce a Z mon.

One thing I'm not surprised about them is that they went with an X/Y plot, to go with the console and everything. What I mean is that 3DS has the whole 3D thing, and introducing a plot with the likely Courtesan Coordinate System fits perfectly if they also introduce a Z mon.

didn't think of the 3D aspect of the names, good observation.

On the other hand though the Japanese logos have the double helix, hinting at a chromosome based theory. Genetic based mascots, complete with a proper scientific evil team? I'd dig that, I'd dig that a lot.

What's Legendary Z, a snake? ooh maybe a sea serpent, The bird = the sky, the deer = the land, and Z perhaps = the sea.

This.

Pokémon logic does this sort of thing quite a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised.

They both looked pretty awesome imo. I didnt even notice they formed the shapes of X and Y until i watched it a second time.

Ah, yes, good observation indeed! I hadn't thought of that either. Very clever of GameFreak! And the Z legendary being a sea serpent of some kind makes sense too.

The bird is red and the deer is blue. So Fire and Water types maybe?

I personally thought it was based on chromosomes, but the Cartesian coordinate system makes a lot of sense too, with the whole being 3D and all.

Anyway though, I love them. The deer one is all about the Forest Spirit which I have nothing against cause I love that thing. Can't wait to see more of these guys, and their official art!

They match the logos very well.

This is the first time since Gen II where I really like all the mascots. (of course, still waiting on the third/ sequel mascot(s))

And the deer looks like the Prince from Bambi.

Back
Top Bottom