• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary Pokemon Discussion

That is definitely an oversight.
A hilarious one.

I don't see it being any more unreasonable than Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf suddenly having a cave in Unova.
That cave was in a new part of Unova and Professor Juniper explained that the trio teleported from Sinnoh. At least it was shown how they arrived in Unova.
Mewtwo leaving the Unknown Dungeon in Kanto to go to the Unknown Dungeon in Kalos then?

"Spectacular New World" probably just means "You kids haven't seen Hoenn before".
That shouldn't be taken for granted when they haven't confirmed that the games are remakes. Not to mention that XY foreshadowed a region which was established as not being any of the existing ones.[/QUOTE]
I'm 100% confident that we're talking about an enhanced remake of Ruby and Sapphire. From the official press release:
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, which launched in 2003 and were fan-favorite hits on the Game Boy Advance system.
A major part of Ruby and Sapphire was the Hoenn region, do you really think they'd just replace it, yet still keep the Ruby and Sapphire name? Sure, we might get new areas like the Sevii Islands or the various little extras added to Johto and yes, the legendary beasts could be found in those new areas as opposed to roaming (I would prefer if they were stationary; would make it easier to get one with good IVs), but these games are more than likely enhanced remakes like FRLG and HGSS.

Mewtwo leaving the Unknown Dungeon in Kanto to go to the Unknown Dungeon in Kalos then?
Mewtwo can fly and/or teleport. The legendary beasts presumably don't have such powers.

A major part of Ruby and Sapphire was the Hoenn region, do you really think they'd just replace it, yet still keep the Ruby and Sapphire name? Sure, we might get new areas like the Sevii Islands or the various little extras added to Johto and yes, the legendary beasts could be found in those new areas as opposed to roaming (I would prefer if they were stationary; would make it easier to get one with good IVs), but these games are more than likely enhanced remakes like FRLG and HGSS.
I don't see how a fresh take denotes remakes rather than sequels. They could have just called the games remakes as they did with FRLG and HGSS from the get-go, but they didn't. And I don't doubt that Hoenn will be included, but that doesn't mean that a second region of some form can't be added in a substantial way.

Mewtwo can fly and/or teleport. The legendary beasts presumably don't have such powers.
Who even says it has to be the same legendary beast trio? Ho-Oh could have revived more Pokémon in its time, but Johto only cares about the ones that happened in Johto.

I don't see how a fresh take denotes remakes rather than sequels. They could have just called the games remakes as they did with FRLG and HGSS from the get-go, but they didn't. And I don't doubt that Hoenn will be included, but that doesn't mean that a second region of some form can't be added in a substantial way.
I don't see how "Fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire" denotes anything other than a remake. They could have also just called them sequels, like they did with B2W2, but they didn't.
But this is hardly the thread to talk about that.

Who even says it has to be the same legendary beast trio? Ho-Oh could have revived more Pokémon in its time, but Johto only cares about the ones that happened in Johto.
And it revived them in Hoenn of all places? You don't find that contrived? As far as we know, only one trio exists and that shouldn't change just because. There were very special circumstances behind the resurrection of the trio in Johto.

I hope the Swords of Justice or the Johto beasts are catchable in OR/AS, pokemon in the Undiscovered group now will come with at least three perfect IVs when caught in the wild, it would be possible to catch them with perfect/near perfect IV spread.

And it revived them in Hoenn of all places? You don't find that contrived? As far as we know, only one trio exists and that shouldn't change just because. There were very special circumstances behind the resurrection of the trio in Johto.
I never said Ho-Oh revived Pokémon in Johto, then flew them to Hoenn. Ho-Oh has wings and could have flown to Hoenn, saw some dead Pokémon and revived them too. It was never specified what Pokémon died in the original legend; they could have been Wurmple for all we know. Hell, Entei, Raikou and Suicune could have snuck onto a cargo ship or something for all we know.

Or, they could just be dumped there for convenience sake because this is GameFreak, who simply dumped DPtHGSS sprites into B2W2's World Tournament instead of redesigning them to fit in with the passage of time.

I never said Ho-Oh revived Pokémon in Johto, then flew them to Hoenn. Ho-Oh has wings and could have flown to Hoenn, saw some dead Pokémon and revived them too. It was never specified what Pokémon died in the original legend; they could have been Wurmple for all we know. Hell, Entei, Raikou and Suicune could have snuck onto a cargo ship or something for all we know.
As I said: contrived.

Or, they could just be dumped there for convenience sake.
At least that would be better than a nonsensical explanation. I still expect to see more effort in a speculation thread.

The gigas. For logic sake. And the lake trio because thats the only one that hasnt been used more than once. I mean if I see the birds again I will cry..
And Lugia and ho-oh on those islands like in Emerald... And events.. Wishful thinking here but MEW. Give use an event to go that island to catch our own mew (thats not shiny blocked like everything is now and days. :|). it would only be fair since it was denied to everyone but Japan in gen 3. and Deoxys.
Also Manaphy because completing my living pokedex made me realize like none of these things are out there really.

As I said: contrived.
Any possible explanation GameFreak through out would be contrived as a means of explaining them being there, as opposed to simply dumping there for the sake of them being available to fans who might not have played games that are now two generations old.

Or, they could just be dumped there for convenience sake.
At least that would be better than a nonsensical explanation. I still expect to see more effort in a speculation thread.
Or how about something called "realism"? GameFreak have done random dumps far more times than they haven't, so it's natural to assume that they will do so for a minor legendary trio that have no bearing on the story of Hoenn.

Gamefreak has never bothered to explain why the birds are everywhere. everywhere. And they didnt even half try to explain mewtwo in x and y and that was probably the one legendary that could throw up the red flags of "what is this doing here".

Last I checked, HGSS included a new location for the Weather trio and actually delved into their myth. I don't see why Hoenn should just be used as a dumping place for several legendaries. Even B2W2 at least gave Cresselia a proper explanation which tied into a Unova mystery.

I just hope they have some of the event legendaries that I missed out on when I was young and naive. Any of them, really.

There's one that seems a very appropiate choice on one hand, but really odd that they would go with it on these games instead of XY:

Volcanion

It's unreleased in its "home" games and definitely seems more like an event distribution... Which leads me to think of previous cases in where an event pokémon had an in-game event ready and they just distributed the pokémon itself instead.

But who knows, these games will catch its distribution though, so maybe, both these games and XY could have their own in-game event for it?

In-game event in X/Y, in-game event in ORAS, doesn't matter to me just as long as it's a motherfucking event and not just a distribution dump. Gen V left me fucking tired of it.

Raging aside, some of my picks:
-Both of the Dream Duo should be catchable normally. IMO, Gamefreak should retire event legendaries to normal legendary status after a while.
-Regigigas is a shoe-in
-I see heatran in here as well, even though it was in B2W2
-My knowledge of hoenn is limited, but weather originally played a big factor, correct? Kami trio could see an appearance
-Legendary Beasts haven't been seen since HGSS. Could be here

Yes, weather played a large role, and yes, event legendaries should be retired from that status eventually.

Last legendary appearances to date, excluding events:

X/Y (2013): Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde
Dream Radar (2012): Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Ho-oh, Lugia, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus
Black2/White2 (2012): Latias, Latios, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Cresselia, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem
HeartGold/SoulSilver (2009/2010): Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza

If not counting the Dream Radar, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina have not been available without an event since Platinum in 2008/2009.

My first guess was that the Sinnoh mascots could be available in these games ala the Hoenn mascots in HGSS.

And count me in as one of those who think Lugia (and Ho-Oh) will probably be in the XY third/ sequel. The birds' connection to Lugia was also referenced in the first Mystery Dungeon game, so it's not anime-exclusive.

How feasible is it for Unova legendaries to show up? The Kamis I could see, because their Therian formes were only available through Dream Radar before. What about the mascots? Too out of place?

Many legendary Pokemon are entrenched in the myths of the region they debuted in, but they show up wherever Game Freak wants them to. I'm prepared to just write it off as these Pokemon being members of a widespread species rather than unique, and only the subject of myths in a certain region. (Yes, even Mewtwo, for reasons I mentioned once but don't think I should go into here).

I'd love to see the Tao trio in OR/AS. I think they should do an event like the gen 5 shiny creation trio event. That way we could get legit shiny Tao trio pokemon straight from game freak. I'd also like to see Manaphy he'd make sense with all that damn water.

Just some ideas on how I can see some unobtainable Legendary Pokémon from X/Y fitting into ORAS; I don't think they should do every single one of these--save some for the X/Y enhancement/sequel!

I think it would be cool of Game Freak to bring over the Island events from Emerald to ORAS and make them in-game events rather than distribution events. That would give us access to Lugia, Ho-Oh, Deoxys, the other Lati not found in the game, and Mew. Although maybe the Lati event could still be a distribution event... I can also kinda see them take that event out to encourage people to trade with each other, like with the Charizardites and Mewtwonites. And I can also see Lugia playing a bigger role in the enhancement/sequel for X/Y, as well, so we'll see how that goes. Maybe have the Lugia in ORAS activate an event in the enchancement/sequel, kind of like that Celebi/legendary beast event for Gen IV/V.

I can actually see the Weather Institute getting an expanded role in ORAS. Similar to how you could use them to find Groudon and Kyogre in Emerald, I can see them having a similar role in helping to find Thundurus & Tornadus, and similar to Groudon & Kyogre in HGSS if you have the Kami Legendaries together in one game it would activate an event with Landorus. I can see some Unova natives from long ago bringing a shrine similar to the Abundant Shrine over to Hoenn, in order to connect them back to their original story, maybe somewhere near the Berry Master's house. And maybe Manaphy and Heatran since their connected to the sea and volcanoes, respectively; they could easily fit with the theme of Hoenn and be followed by the Institute.

Actually, I think it would be interesting to have a Manaphy/Victini event in ORAS, in order to bring more pixie legendaries over. Manaphy would be in Alpha Sapphire and maybe paired with Kyogre, and Victini would be in Omega Ruby and maybe paired with Groudon (or maybe Celebi and Groudon, but considering the Celebi distribution via Pokémon Bank would've only recently ended, I doubt they'll bring it yet another Celebi so soon after). I can see something similar to the Embedded Tower in HGSS, instead in Alpha Sapphire that new location would be connected to Sinnoh (granted Manaphy doesn't have a true connection to Sinnoh, but whatever), and in Omega Ruby the location would be connected to Unova. And Jirachi could be related to Mossdeep City or Sootopolis City (an NPC mentioned how beautiful the stars looked at night in Sootopolis).

Shaymin could be related to Verdanturf Town somehow, because of its air and flowers. Or maybe just have the Gracidea there. Regigigas for obvious reasons. I can't really think of a reason why the Musketeer quartet would be in Hoenn, but design- and type-wise they just seem to fit with Hoenn for whatever reason. I can't really see any other legendaries fitting in to be honest... maybe Meloetta could have a contest-related event in Hoenn, but that's it.

Hopefully Dialga, Palkia and Giratina will be in somehow. Why? Because yes.

It would be nice to see some underdeveloped legendaries coming back, like Meloetta and Victini. Regigigas should definitely be in, also.

I want a legendary tie-in with Palkia and Kyogre vs. Dialga and Groudon.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Back
Top Bottom