• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Considering that XY had a lot of Gen I nostalgia (and ORAS obviously has Gen III), I'd like to see the next Kalos game(s) give some emphasis to the Johto starters and legendaries. As for the others? I can see at least some of Gen IV's being in Hoenn, due to Regigigas (Heatran could also fit into a post-game area of Mt. Chimney). I also doubt they would want to dump both dragon-trios into one game, so maybe we could see something like:

ORAS:
- Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza (no wai!)
- Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Regigigas, Heatran, Cresselia

Next Kalos Game(s):
- Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh
- Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem
- Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde

Which makes a total of 17 legendaries for each release.

I think it would make more sense to have all the Johto legends plus maybe the dragon trio in ORAS, with the pixies, heatran and cressela possibly in the next Kalos game seeing how they were all available in BW2 which was fairly recently.

Considering that XY had a lot of Gen I nostalgia (and ORAS obviously has Gen III), I'd like to see the next Kalos game(s) give some emphasis to the Johto starters and legendaries. As for the others? I can see at least some of Gen IV's being in Hoenn, due to Regigigas (Heatran could also fit into a post-game area of Mt. Chimney). I also doubt they would want to dump both dragon-trios into one game, so maybe we could see something like:

ORAS:
- Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza (no wai!)

Next Kalos Game(s):
- Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem

I think it would make more sense to have all the Johto legends plus maybe the dragon trio in ORAS, with the pixies, heatran and cressela possibly in the next Kalos game seeing how they were all available in BW2 which was fairly recently.

Considering Regigigas will probably in ORAS (as Regirock, Regice and Registeel are native to Hoenn), I think it would be weird to then have the other Gen IV legendaries in another game.

Then, we could have the next Kalos game have more of a Johto focus, with Sycamore giving the player a Johto starter instead of a Kanto one and have the beasts roaming Kalos instead of the birds. I think that would be a nice change than having the same two sets of starter Pokémon again.

ORAS:

Next Kalos Game(s):

Considering Regigigas will probably in ORAS (as Regirock, Regice and Registeel are native to Hoenn), I think it would be weird to then have the other Gen IV legendaries in another game.

Then, we could have the next Kalos game have more of a Johto focus, with Sycamore giving the player a Johto starter instead of a Kanto one and have the beasts roaming Kalos instead of the birds. I think that would be a nice change than having the same two sets of starter Pokémon again.

I think it'd be much easier to put Johto stuff in ORAS since we could already get the starters and Lugia/Ho-oh in Emerald. Kalos should just have 5th gen Pokemon and maybe a few 4th gen Pokemon thrown in as well (like the Pixie Trio and Cresselia).

ORAS:

Next Kalos Game(s):

It'd be easier to put Heatran in ORAS, Kalos doesn't have a volcano.

Neither Unova.

Anyway, we can put a volcano deep into the cloudy, unexplored mountains northeast.
Mapa_Kalos.png

And don't forget the women talking about a Lava Dome pokémon in a Lumiose plaza. OK, A Heatran likely won't emerge from the center of a populated metropolis (would?), but at least the reference exists.

Neither Unova.

Anyway, we can put a volcano deep into the cloudy, unexplored mountains northeast.
Mapa_Kalos.png

And don't forget the women talking about a Lava Dome pokémon in a Lumiose plaza. OK, A Heatran likely won't emerge from the center of a populated metropolis (would?), but at least the reference exists.

Or they could not go through the trouble of shoehorning in a volcano for the sake of making a legendary catchable and put it in an existing volcano area.

Neither Unova.

Mapa_Kalos.png

I have no idea why the quoting thing said I said that, because I'm pretty sure that I suggested that the Gen II and IV legendaries be in ORAS, then the Gen V legendaries be included in the next Kalos game.

Neither Unova.

Mapa_Kalos.png

I have no idea why the quoting thing said I said that, because I'm pretty sure that I suggested that the Gen II and IV legendaries be in ORAS, then the Gen V legendaries be included in the next Kalos game.

My mistake. I wanted to quote only one sentence ("It'd be easier to put Heatran in ORAS, Kalos doesn't have a volcano") instead of the whole post but I didn't clean it well, leaving a random quote tag.

I'd imagine the beast trio will be available in ORAS and maybe with the dragon trio they'll do something similar to what they did to the weather trio in HGSS.
Maybe the genie trio will be included but only 1 available and what one depends on your starter?

I'd imagine the beast trio will be available in ORAS and maybe with the dragon trio they'll do something similar to what they did to the weather trio in HGSS.
Maybe the genie trio will be included but only 1 available and what one depends on your starter?

I would rather they not make the Genie trio so limited because both of their distribution methods in the past have been fairly difficult. BW1 required that you buy both games to get the entire trio and BW2 required you to buy a 3DS and an app. Can we please just catch them without having to jump through hoops for once?

Neither Unova.

Mapa_Kalos.png

I think that mountain you're talking about is actually the Ice Cave where you save the Abomasnow from Team Flare.

Anyways, I hope that they will have Zekrom and Reshiram and make it possible to get them shiny this time. I really like Reshiram's shiny form.

I just want to add this, though I don't know if this was discussed in the earlier part of this thread.

I just want to know if Volcanion and Hoopa are being considered as 'Legendaries'?

If yes, then I want Volcanion and Hoopa(even though I don't want their designs) to be included in OR/AS. Maybe out of curiosity and excitement.

Curiousity because I'm just wondering how they are going to include these Pokemon in the story.

Excitement because I want to use and raise them.

I just want to add this, though I don't know if this was discussed in the earlier part of this thread.

I just want to know if Volcanion and Hoopa are being considered as 'Legendaries'?

If yes, then I want Volcanion and Hoopa(even though I don't want their designs) to be included in OR/AS. Maybe out of curiosity and excitement.

Curiousity because I'm just wondering how they are going to include these Pokemon in the story.

Volcanion and Hoopa are legendaries though they are event only and haven't even been officially revealed by Game Freak and Nintendo, I very much doubt they'll be in ORAS. Its more likely they'll be saved for the next Gen 6 game.

Volcanion and Hoopa are legendaries though they are event only and haven't even been officially revealed by Game Freak and Nintendo, I very much doubt they'll be in ORAS. Its more likely they'll be saved for the next Gen 6 game.

Whoa!! Next Gen 6 game? Now that's interesting.

Event legendaries are usually saved for movie releases, and those only happen once a year, usually in the summer. So Hoopa will probably be distributed Summer 2015 and Volcanion in Summer 2016.

Posted By the outrage:
If you're talking about in-universe, they can't appear before BW because up until then, the dragons were still big round stones.

Sorry to correct, (and I know its a little late) but there is a man in Irricus city who says that Zekrom and Reshiram have had countless heroes over thousands of years.

(I don't care enough to quote, and as I posted this I hadn't read the whole forum, Sorry if that bothers you).

Sorry to correct, (and I know its a little late) but there is a man in Irricus city who says that Zekrom and Reshiram have had countless heroes over thousands of years.

(I don't care enough to quote, and as I posted this I hadn't read the whole forum, Sorry if that bothers you).
There's literally a button to press to quote on a post. It outright says "Reply With Quote". Best part? Not only is the person you quote notified, but they can see what you're referring to.

And yes, I recall that person. Fact still remains that there have been no other heroes in recent history since one orb was discovered in an archeological expedition, and the other was in half-buried castle.

I think that mountain you're talking about is actually the Ice Cave where you save the Abomasnow from Team Flare.

Anyways, I hope that they will have Zekrom and Reshiram and make it possible to get them shiny this time. I really like Reshiram's shiny form.

Nope, I'm talking about whatever is behind that mountain.

Event legendaries are usually saved for movie releases, and those only happen once a year, usually in the summer. So Hoopa will probably be distributed Summer 2015 and Volcanion in Summer 2016.

But what point would there be in distributing Volcanion in Summer 2016? Gen VI will be over by then.

But what point would there be in distributing Volcanion in Summer 2016? Gen VI will be over by then.
Not necessarily, but quite possibly if they choose to release the next generation in early 2016. They could very well distribute both Hoopa and Volcanion as part of the Movie 18 promotion, just as was the case for Keldeo and Meloetta in 2012. Even Genesect wasn't kept for the tail end of Generation V.

I want the Swords of Justice in OR/AS, i don't care if they are completely out of place in Hoenn, i just want them there. Mainly to synchronize a Terrakion with my Jolly Ralts and soft reset until i get one with all the IVs in the right places.

Back
Top Bottom