• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary Pokemon Speculation

I guess ‘increase the probablity of’ was a better phrase.

My point clearly comes across so it feels a bit pedantic and not an actual argument.
I would argue that quality is still more important than diversity, but I overall agree with you that diversity is usually a good thing, so I will not continue this discussion.

(Except that I want to point out that I wasn't being pedantic. It was an important point to be made, even if to you it seemed pedantic.)

Last edited:
I would honestly prefer if this generation did have a new dragon legendary, mainly because dragons are heavily involved with stories in the UK. It would be such a missed opportunity to not have a dragon legend, or at least introduce a new form for a previous dragon legendary.

That being the case I would rather more non legendary dragons, things to be used competitively and such

I would honestly prefer if this generation did have a new dragon legendary, mainly because dragons are heavily involved with stories in the UK. It would be such a missed opportunity to not have a dragon legend, or at least introduce a new form for a previous dragon legendary.
They don't have to be dragon type to be dragon based. Look at Charizard and Groudon.

Groudon is more a Godzilla than a Dragon, but still has those reptilian traits that could be associated with the Dragon Type.

I would actually love it if the box legendary was the same wolf for both versions, just the forms version-locked (Sword form, Shield form). That hasn't been done yet... It'd be fun. It could either be that it has two forms only (and is kinda like Cosmog, evolving from a base form Pokémon into one or the other that is permanent, except they're two forms of the same Dex # instead of a Solgaleo / Lunala situation). OR, it's one base legendary that can form change into the shield or sword form using a version-locked item.

I would actually love it if the box legendary was the same wolf for both versions, just the forms version-locked (Sword form, Shield form). That hasn't been done yet... It'd be fun. It could either be that it has two forms only (and is kinda like Cosmog, evolving from a base form Pokémon into one or the other that is permanent, except they're two forms of the same Dex # instead of a Solgaleo / Lunala situation). OR, it's one base legendary that can form change into the shield or sword form using a version-locked item.
I like the idea of being able to change the legendary's form in one version. It can be a similar thing to Necrozma as you have the item that changes the said Pokemon to the opposite version's form. Unlike Necrozma which required the opposite version's legendary to be obtained. Being able to change to the opposite version's form without trading being necessary is what I hope will happen with this idea so that at least the story doesn't have to be extremely limited just because of version exclusives.

I like the idea of being able to change the legendary's form in one version. It can be a similar thing to Necrozma as you have the item that changes the said Pokemon to the opposite version's form. Unlike Necrozma which required the opposite version's legendary to be obtained. Being able to change to the opposite version's form without trading being necessary is what I hope will happen with this idea so that at least the story doesn't have to be extremely limited just because of version exclusives.
That would be fun, Imagine the main plotline giving you the shield item for the climax, but then a postgame story that involves the sword item (and vice versa for the other game).

Knowing the history of these games though, I doubt it. In SM, they have you go to an alternate world postgame just to give you another of the same legendary you already had. SMH

Back
Top Bottom