• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary Pokemon you've caught without Master Balls

Oh, there were numerous times when I caught a legendary in a pokeball. Groudon had been the first, and Palkia had also been caught in a pokeball after wasting 60 Ultra Balls. I usualy use Dusk Balls because I happen to catch them at night. Also, in the case of Lugia, I caught it after throwing four Heavy Balls.

But the most recent had been in Black version. Against Reshiram.

I threw a Quick Ball. Reshiram popped out of it.

I threw a Dusk Ball. Reshiram got caught.

WUT

I bought 100 Ultra Balls you F@#$ing dragon GIMMIE MY MONEY BACK

Here's my non-Master Ball legendaries:

Gold:
Ho-Oh - Ultra Ball
Lugia - Ultra Ball

Emerald:
Regirock - Poke Ball
Regice - Great Ball
Registeel - Timer Ball
Groudon - Ultra Ball

Platinum:
Palkia - Poke Ball
Dialga - Quick Ball

I always save the Master Ball in case I meet a shiny Pokemon that's hard to get. For a shiny legendary Pokemon, I would probably use the Master Ball.

I try to not use it as much as possible. I used it to catch Thundurus in White. Everyone else got a different ball, notably Zekrom in a matching Dusk Ball. In past generations I know I caught various legends such as Rayquaza with an Ultra Ball, Articuno in a Poke Ball and one I cannot remember off the top of my head in a Premier Ball.

I've caught these legendary pokemon from generation to generation of pokemon games over the years: Azelf, Uxie, Mewtwo in cerulean cave ( leafgreen ), Kyurem, Tornadus, another mewtwo from cerulean cave ( on a different leafgreen account ).

Well, I caught all legend (including roamers pokemon) pokemon with quick ball, timer ball or ultra ball

I caught Zekrom with the first ball I threw. It was a Luxury Ball. :3

I caught Registeel on Emerald in a Poke Ball, Regirock in a Timer Ball, and numerous others in Ultra Balls. Other times I just hack to get a bunch of Master Balls to make soft-resetting for good natures bareable. My friend was crazy enough to catch every legendary on Heartgold in a Poke Ball.

Uh, all of them. Haven't thrown a single Master Ball since Gen III, and even there I used it only on my first playthrough on a Kyogre.

Read the title, and as you see, this is an extreme feat without hacking.

Er, not really, you just got unlucky. Like a bunch of other people, I've caught almost all my legendaries without the Master Ball. I only use it on roamers. I'd probably use it if I met a shiny legendary as well.

I roam the land carrying my masterball in hand searching not for legends, but for shinies......things are rarer than -insert stupid/racially offensive joke here-

The most notable one for me was, FireRed, me vs. Mewtwo. Paralyzed him, wore him out, he was using struggle now, I was running out of revives to keep the fight going, and only had regular pokéballs left. Late night, so if I failed I'd have to wait until the next morning to try again. Down to the red, one more turn and he'll kill himself. Throw the ball, wait for those tense seconds, watch the ball rock back and forth, once, twice, pops open. Crud. I watch and wait for him to use struggle but see the little electric lines showing he’s paralyzed. I cheer and throw the ball once more, watching it rock back and forth. I push A, I push B, heck I push almost every button. Click. Mewtwo just got caught in a regular pokéball!

I’ve managed to catch nearly every legendary (even some roamers) using only pokéballs, it’s just that Mewtwo was my favorite moment.

I caught Cobalion with a dusk ball and I caught Tornadus and Thunderus with quick balls. I caught the Victini on Liberty Island with regular pokeballs.

I usually use a Master Ball on the game's mascot or most important legendary, not counting when I used Gameshark on my Sapphire to get infinite balls in my PC. In Diamond, I caught Giratina with, of all things, a nest ball. Cresselia was caught with a dive ball. Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno in Leafgreen and SoulSilver were all caught in Ultra and Great Balls. Ho-Oh, the legendary beasts and the lake spirits all were caught in Ultras and Greats as far as my memory serves. Kyurem might have been in an Ultra ball.

All of them except Raikou and Kyurem. I've always used it on Raikou because he's the fastest legendary beast and the most annoying to capture, (Unless Colosseum counts, I caught him with an Ultra Ball there) and I used it for Kyurem because I had been holding onto it for something like him, plus my team was underleveled at the time.

Any legendary pokemon I have caught without a masterball, even the roaming ones. I just don't see the use of it and figure its cooler to keep it and say you never used it.

I save Master Balls for roaming legendaries.

However, for hilarious captures (such as, not with ultra, dusk or timer balls), I did catch my Moltres in Platinum using a Quick Ball. That was pretty awesome.

Nope, never used master ball after mewtwo in Red and Ho-oh in Crystal. TBH, It isn't that hard to catch legendaries. Just pack a mon with false swipe, another with stun spore/t-wave and another who can absorb hits. And have 20 dusk balls and 5 to 10 timer balls.

The only time I was "tempted" to chuck my masterball, was with Giratina in platinum. I had no mon to spread paralysis, false swipe doesn't work and none of my mons could take repeated hits from Giratina.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom