• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary Pokemon you've caught without Master Balls

Every single legendary i have been able to catch without a masterball. Might have taken a few shoots but everyone i never needed a masterball, (patience of a saint) My biggest feat was actually for a friend of mine, he couldnt catch Groudon in ruby, so he handed it me, with his team, pokemon i didnt know, after 2 trys, i managed to catch it for him in a regular Pokeball!!!

My milestone though was catching Latios on ruby, he was the gateway for my tricks on catching the roaming legendaries, took me FOREVER to catch latios, around two weeks on broken playing times but ever since then, i have gotten quicker and quicker, fastest capture was i believe two hours on SS, Raikou!

The first time I played Pokemon (Silver version) I used my Master Ball on Lugia, but that's just about the only time I've used the Master Ball on a legendary, except those annoying roaming ones in FR/LG, HG/SS.

Ive caught plenty without the masterball. i think my favorite capture was when i didnt quite understand how some special pokeballs worked. I caught my diamond version Dialga in a quick ball durring my.... i think 4th turn. something like that :p i thought its effect only went down alittle each turn. meaning i caught it in what was basiclya pokeball

This hardly counts, but I recently caught Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion using probably around 10 Ultra Balls and a few Dusk Balls apiece. Paralyzing and then whittling worked really well.

Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Regigigas, Cresselia, Heatran, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, Victini, Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Kyurem.

I've caught a lot of legendary Pokemon without a Master Ball. Most of them, really. However my biggest achievement is catching Mewtwo in Blue without the Master Ball. In my childish naivety, I had tossed it. So I froze him with my lvl 86 Raticate and lobbed all the balls I had at it until I caught it. I might have even done it with a Great Ball in the end.

The only time I remember using a Masterball was in Red, when I went up against Mewtwo. The first time, I had put Mewtwo to sleep and the Masterball missed the Pokemon. (Anyone miss that mechanic? I don't think so. :p)

So, I reloaded my save and simply chuck a masterball at it.

I restarted Platinum a while back (on a new spare game cart, not my original one), and I remember the Distortion World part. I was gonna run from Giratina because I heard Shirona says something different if you run from Giratina. I had one Nest Ball left, and I figured "what the heck, let's get rid of it, it's not gonna work". Famous last thoughts. It actually caught the level 47 Giratina, at full HP, when my Monferno was only at level 32. 8D; Such a goofy thing to happen at a tense part of the game. The chances of that are insanely low, but I was laughing so hard I decided to keep it.

In my recent memory, I've caught Coballion and Virizion with Ultra Balls. It was hard though, but it only took me my first try to catch Virizion.

Zapdos, Arcticuno, Moltres, Suicune, Raiku, Entei, Rayquaza, Arceus, Ho-oh, Palkia and Dialga Oh and Garitina.

I think it would be easier for me to name the legendaries I did catch with a Master Ball, and those were Rayquaza, Dialga (I was a noob back then ^^'), Ho-Oh, Kyurem, and Mewtwo. The rest I had to spam Ultra Balls on ^^'

In B/W I caught every single one in a Poké Ball. I was absolutely crazy but it was fun. :p
Not in any other games though.

on sapphire i caught:
kygore
rayquaza
registeel
regirock
regice
latias
on platium i caught:
giratina
dialga
uxie
mesprit
axie
zapdos
moltres
articuno
regigagas (or how you ever spell it)

on my soulsliver i caught:
lugia
ho-oh
suicune
raikou
enteni
latios
mewtwo

without master ball

Oh, back in the day...
I didn't have a GameShark, there were no computer emulators, and after I lost my Red I only had Pokemon Yellow (which fixed the Missingno. glitch that allowed you to clone items).
So, between Yellow and Gold, I only caught Mewtwo and Lugia with Master Balls. So, with just Ultra Balls, I caught...
Zapdos
Moltres
Articuno
Mew (didn't fix the Mew Glitch in Yellow :D)
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Ho-Oh

I only started playing from Gen II in the last year or so and, since I've kind of grown up since then, I haven't had the time to sit down and really bust my balls (pun :D) trying to catch the other legendaries from Gen III on.

The only legendaries I catch with Masterballs are the runners. I have caught all other legendaries with UltraBalls or other types of Pokeballs. Also In my pokemon white, I caught Zekrom at FULL HEALTH with ONLY ONE POKEBALL!!!!!!!!

A Dialga, they have a relatively high catch rate. I caught one with only a single trial of a Ultra Ball.

Catch everything without masterball.

Galade with false swipe,hypnotize, thunder wave and mean look.

Nothing ever faints or escapes him.

Catch everything without masterball.

Galade with false swipe,hypnotize, thunder wave and mean look.

Nothing ever faints or escapes him.

so far in Black 2 I've caught Virizion, Cobalion, Terrakion, Regirock, Zekrom, and Kyurem in PokeBalls
the sad part about it is that for Zekrom I had a critical capture for it on my last one D:

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom