• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary Pokémon

Joker901

Reaction score
What Legendary Pokémon will make an appearance in Pokémon Legends according to you?

These are the most likely to be in the game:

• Arceus (for obvious reasons).
  • Shaymin.
arceus-legends-shaymin.jpg
  • Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie (we have seen all three lakes with their small islands in the middle).

Lakes.png

• Palkia, Dialga, Giratina (people are dressed with Palkia and Dialga uniforms all across Hisui).

Palkia - Dialga Uniforms.jpg

• Regigigas (we can see Snowpoint Temple in the map).

Snowpoint Temple.jpg

• Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regieleki, Regidrago (in all pokemon games, they are usually needed to awake Regigigas and they could also be found in Platinum, so in Sinnoh afterall).
  • Heatran (we have seen Stark Mountain in the last trailer).

Snowpoint Temple.jpg

The original games also featured Cresselia, which will be in the game most likely, but we have no info or pictures of her island, and Platinum had the legendary birds trio in their Kantonian form but we cannot assume they will be in Legends at the moment, considering they are not part of the original Sinnoh Dex. We also don't know if other 4th gen mythicals (Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai) will be in the game despite being part of the Sinnoh Dex.

Do you think we will see other legendary or mythical pokemon? Or maybe that some legendary pokemon listed above will be left out of Hisui?

Last edited:
Of all those legendaries, I think the Lake Trio are the most sensible candidates for extra relevance to the story of Legends. It seems that bridging the gap between humans and Pokémon is set to be a major theme, and Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit seem very well-placed to have some involvement or interaction with the encroaching humans.

Last edited:
Unsure if this belongs here or in the Hisuian forms thread, but I think it’s nearly guaranteed that we will get Hisuian forms of a past legendary trio IMO. My first thought was the beasts, but honestly I think the Forces of Nature getting Hisuian forms seems very likely.

EDIT: Expanding on my post, I think the forces of nature are likely because (1) they are non-box legends that are associated with a big aspect of the games (nature and the wild) and (2) they seem like they can easily have more traditional Japanese forms since they already are designed after traditional kami. Thinking about how they could change them is a challenge though... I suppose they could replace Flying with something else (but then keep Flying on Tornadus and add a second type)... something like Ghost or Dark? To associate them with being more 'wild' and mystical in Hisui compared to Unova.

Last edited:
Given the supposed time period; I wonder if there's a chance we could see what the legendary beasts looked like before Ho-oh revived them.
I think that will likely be saved for a possible Legends: Celebi game… but also, I thought the popular idea was that they were Eeveelutions before being the beasts? Guess it’s not confirmed though.

I think that will likely be saved for a possible Legends: Celebi game… but also, I thought the popular idea was that they were Eeveelutions before being the beasts? Guess it’s not confirmed though.

Yeah, that's always just been a theory, and the text of the games themselves actually kind of cuts against it - the pre-resurrected beasts are described as "nameless," which would be a bit of an odd word to use if they did, in fact, have names like Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon. Plus, their silhouettes in the Generations episode about the myth are just vague canine shapes. So I don't think they're actually supposed to be any Pokémon species that we're familiar with.

There's also this detail:

The legendary Pokémon are said to embody three powers... The lightning that struck the Tower. The fire that burned the Tower. And the rain that put out the fire...

Which implies that the beast trio's elemental affiliations are something that they inherited symbolically as a result of what happened on that day. Them already having an electric-fire-water dynamic prior to the incident would be a little redundant and would subvert that. Then again, this is all mythology, and it's hard to say how many people actually ever saw the beasts before their resurrection. There could be gaps or errors or liberties or distortions in the storytelling, but personally I think the intention is for the pre-revival beasts to have been (an?) unknown species.

The beast's previous forms were probably just Normal-types.

give me shaymin pls sobs

look even if it isn't in the dex if i can at least transfer it to HOME and then to L:A (assume L:A will be compatible with HOME or w/e the case may be), i'd be happy with that much. i just want my cute grass hedgehog. :c

Well we now know Shaymin is in, granted its a reward for owning SWSH, but still in the game none the less. Which makes me think we could easily see the other mythicals, but i imagine Phione/Manaphy would be the usual gift mythicals as opposed to having a quest or something in game. Darkrai could be connected to something with Cresselia though.

Well we now know Shaymin is in, granted its a reward for owning SWSH, but still in the game none the less. Which makes me think we could easily see the other mythicals, but i imagine Phione/Manaphy would be the usual gift mythicals as opposed to having a quest or something in game. Darkrai could be connected to something with Cresselia though.
Right. I'll update the list.

I think some of the legendaries will be uncatchable, not forms, but whole legendaries. Even if we are making the first Pokedex, it won't be the only Sinnoh Pokedex that will be made, it just means it will be a template for future Pokedexes.

I think that the Creation trio plus Arceus will be uncatchable regardless of form, to me, I feel like they will be bosses instead.

It was obvious that they made the game's mascot become catchable and usable, that's the one thing Game Freak will keep doing. But I still wonder how many Pokemon will still be exclusively bosses. Having a large and strong legendary will get rid of most of the danger aspect that Legends Arceus is supposed to bring after all.

As for Porygon and any Pokemon that's supposed to originate in some sort of modern or advanced technology, the only way I can see those being available to catch is if the Arc Phone spawns them.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom