• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends: Arceus or Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl

Which game are you getting?

• Legends: Arceus

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Both/All Three

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • None

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Which adventure are you more excited for? I was excited about BDSP, but then I realized that I might just play it once and be done, like I have since Gen 6. I played through Alola twice (Sun and Ultra Sun), and I only played through Galar twice (one normal adventure and a solo run). I have made attempts to play, but I get bored and stop. I think it might be due to the fact the games just seem a bit too easy. More often than not, the game hands you Pokémon that are strong against the next Gym.
This adventure is a fresh new take on the Sinnoh Region. I think I am more excited for Legends: Arceus at this point than I was about the Sinnoh Remakes. The battle system is new and reminds me of Final Fantasy 10, which I have played (never beat it, though I got right up to the Final Boss).

Legends by far. BDSP is way too similar to the originals to be very exciting, Legends is exactly the direction I was hoping Pokemon would eventually go.
This is also why I am no longer interested in BDSP. Sure, the contests and underground are changed, but if everything else is the same, why bother? I will just ask for Pokémon platinum for Christmas if I want.

I do agree about Legends, since it's new for Pokémon.

All three. I like Sinnoh, and Legends looks interesting.

Legends is a new game that I look forward to.

BDSP I know pretty much what to expect (if they haven't changed the storyline)

Not interested in 'everybody's a fetus now!' the game. If they hadn't tried to 'stay true' to the SD characters of the pixel games I'd actually have considered buying Shining Pearl. The chibi sprites were great and fitting for teeny tiny screens. I play on a TV now I don't want my characters looking like they got dumped out of a box of toddler toys. I don't care about graphics, but art styles are a completely different bag of worms. I didn't like the look of LGPE for the same reason, but I'd still prefer 'everyone looks like a preschooler' to the fetus people. It's not just this game I feel that way about either. The Link's Awakening Remake and the Story of Seasons Friends of Mineral Town remake are near the bottom of my list for the same reason. If I hate the art direction and its something I have to stare at for the majority of the game, I won't play the game unless I find it in a bargain bin somewhere. The fact that in order to follow you the pokemon are just super shrunk down models that look ridiculous makes it even worse. They could have at least made chibi mons too.

What I'm saying is Legends Arceus is the Sinnoh/Hisui game for me. I just can't immerse myself in a game like that when I know for a fact the people making it could have used normal proportioned characters in it but chose to squish everything. BDSP are even worse since, y'know, properly proportioned character models are IN THE GAME when you battle.

I might also just really hate chibis in general but who the heck knows for sure I have aspergers and I'm currently really sleepy. :confused: Maybe that's why I hate Funkopops and nendoroids.

I decided to change my vote since I have changed my mind about not getting the remakes. After all, I have not played a sinnoh game in like who knows how long at this point.

I am definitely more excited for BDSP. In my opinion, the "classic" Pokemon formula works fine and shouldn't be changed. So I don't like the direction PL:A is taking.

Also, I much prefer the chibi proportions and "top down view" of BDSP over the more realistic proportions of PL:A.

Last edited:
i'm getting both, so i'm excited for both!

getting BD and L:A c:
BD LA squaddddd

I was initially disappointed in BDSP upon the initial reveal, but my opinion of the game has drastically improved since we started getting leaks about 1-2 weeks ago. They really kept a lot of the good stuff secret, I almost feel like they were too secretive, the fact that it took unofficial early game leaks to get a lot of people actually excited for the game isn't the greatest marketing strategy, but regardless of that, I'm just happy they look like genuinely good games, but the game I'm REALLY hyped for is Legends. BDSP is just the entrée for the main course, and that main course is Legends: Arceus. LA is the future for the Pokemon franchise and I think is the correct direction to go in. I think all of the main series will largely be inspired by how Legends: Arceus plays, although I think we'll still see Legends blend with the traditional game formula to varying degrees in future titles, I don't think we'll completely ever deviate from the tried and true formula.

I've pre-ordered Brilliant Diamond. I plan on getting Legends as well but maybe not on release day, brand new games are getting expensive. :wynaut: I have a feeling I'll still be engrossed in Brilliant Diamond come January, so I might not feel the need to get Legends right away.

I'm personally planning on no-lifing Brilliant Diamond for this exact reason, I don't want to still be on that game regularly by the time Legends: Arceus comes out. I'm basically speedrunning the Shiny Charm which means original 493 National Dex completion and my plan is to get a shiny hunt or two out of the way before LA releases.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom