• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leon suspiciously looks like Iris...

Maybe the game will joke about it too, like the "pretty boy" gag about Steven Stone in ORAS.

Also, doesn't the backstory of Galar also include two dragon brothers...? I highly doubt it but they could rope in Unova somehow and give it extra lore.

Nope. Not either.

Galar is too far away from either Unova or Alola.

This is a very flawed argument. I was born in Texas. With a little luck I'll be living in Hawai'i (Alola) in two years. My sister lives in New York (Unova.) A friend of mine from PoGO has a sister who lives in Germany (Adjacent to Galar.)

Heck, the protagonist of SMUSUM moved from Kanto to Alola, and there's tourists from Kanto in Kalos... which would also be adjacent to Galar.

Pretty sure the anime even showed airplanes.

International travel is like, 100% a thing, both IRL and in the games. Living far away from Iris or N in no way would preclude him from being related to either of them.

Maybe adopted?
Iris' adopted (grand)father seems to be Drayden. So, if he's the father he's either biological or they killed off Drayden and had Leon adopt Iris.
Game Freak does'nt really tend to explicitly kill characters, but they could have Leon adopt Iris off of Drayden.
Leon and Iris also seem to be different races? Leons seems like a South Asian and Iris like a South African.
But Iris is born in the Village of Dragons which is apparently the dragon gym city in Johto, that makes Iris an East Asian who's dark skinned only to resemble Zekrom. So Iris' family would'nt resemble her.
This is a very flawed argument. I was born in Texas. With a little luck I'll be living in Hawai'i (Alola) in two years. My sister lives in New York (Unova.) A friend of mine from PoGO has a sister who lives in Germany (Adjacent to Galar.)

Heck, the protagonist of SMUSUM moved from Kanto to Alola, and there's tourists from Kanto in Kalos... which would also be adjacent to Galar.

Pretty sure the anime even showed airplanes.

International travel is like, 100% a thing, both IRL and in the games. Living far away from Iris or N in no way would preclude him from being related to either of them.
I live in Italy and have relatives in Argentina. Settler colonies are a thing. It makes sense for someone from Galar to move from Unova. Since if history is similiar to the real world, then Unova is a Galarian settler colony.

Calem\Serena are similiar to your friend s' sister, being the equivalent of people whose parents were born in Europe, moved to the Americas, and then moved back to Europe after enough years. To me it seems like they moved from Unova but that Grace is still Kalosian.

And the Alola guys are immigrants too, not just the player characters but also the Aethers. It might be possible that Aether was founded in Pokè-Europe and Lusamine born there.

What if Leon and Iris are brother and sister from the Village of Dragons in Johto. They were given dragons to bond with as they were the children of the heart of dragons. (which makes you brown skinned with blue\purple hair and yellow\orange\red eyes) When their dragons (Leon's Charmander and Iris' Axew) evolved to their final forms, the siblings journeyed to Galar, where Leon became the Champion. Iris then decided to go to Unova, where she met Drayden and inherited his gym.

I think that when you go to Castelia City for the first time in BW1, Iris has just got to Unova via the SS Unova (the orange ship) and thus only meets Drayden shortly before becoming a Gym Leader.

Ya’ll are wrong, leon is just iris’s cousin and also to the one who said that leon could be another version of iris then like ... no, he’s in galar and has a brother which goes against iris as a whole

Could Leon possibly be the father of Iris?!

he might be Iris' male equivalent or her cousin. I'mma find pix of them and do some comparison of this thread

Or a distant relative, like roasted hippie Oak from Alola who looks just like Kanto's Oak...

Maybe it's from the other side of the family, the one not related to Oak directly.
Makes sense, from some branch of more tanned Oaks living in Alola.

Back to the OP question... in this regard both Leon and Iris look way too similar. But this might just be a design decision from Game Freak and not intended to be a blood relation.

They do look alot like so it's a shame that they aren't as far as we know unless they were separated at birth.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom