• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: Leon's Confession

Fan of Jarrus

Kanan Jarrus is a Noble Jedi
Reaction score
A one-shot with Leon and Charizard.

The pair spend a night together and talk about Leon's declining health. Charizard would be beside his trainer, always.

“I had been told that I would pass on one day.” Leon’s resigned voice got Charizard’s attention. Pass on? Charizard tipped his head. “I will die, Charizard. The explosion had damaged my body too much.” Leon patted Charizard’s neck.

Charizard’s wings twitched as he gazed into Leon’s eyes. His trainer’s confession was not a surprise. Leon had been coughing up blood after fierce battles in the tower. Eternatus’ damage still affected him. Leon would soon be gone. Charizard would let himself cry when his trainer left him and his team mates.

I am glad I fought by your side, Leon.” Charizard growled, stopping the tears flowing. What was he doing? Breaking down in front of his trainer.

“Hey, partner.” Leon gently patted his snout and smiled. “We will still have a lot of time together.” The spark in Leon’s eyes had been fading. The people of Galar are aware, but he brushed it away. Leon wanted to make the region’s trainers strong.

Your brother and Victor know about this?” Charizard growled softly as he nuzzled Leon’s hand. Though he expected Leon had told them. He had been supporting Champion Victor. Even when Leon had took a while to get over his defeat. Leon helped the boy get used to his new role.

“Yes, they know.” Leon confirmed. He sighed, a shadow crossed his eyes. “They were both understandably shocked.”

Charizard’s throat rumbled, they would be. Both Victor and Hop recovered from their trauma they suffered from that incident. Though Charizard knew they would also grief. He looked up to the starry sky. Without Leon, a part of him would be gone. “I had always guided and fought for you.” Charizard told him as the tears started to fall. “Remember that.

Leon embraced Charizard’s head, calming him. “Hey, I will.” Chuckling, Leon looked at Charizard. “You know you are crying? I never expected you would.”

Charizard smiled and he let the tears flow. “Just this once, I will.” He would do, just in front of Leon.

“It is fine, partner.” Leon told him. He sat beside Charizard and lowered his hat over his eyes. “You can let the tears out.” Blood started to drip from Leon’s mouth. “When I am not around. Do not hesitate to.” Leon’s voice quietened as he exhaled weakly. His head drooped and the blood ran down his chin.

Charizard wiped the blood away. Though Leon did not respond to him. “Leon.” Charizard growled softly to his worn out trainer. Has he passed out? Charizard nudged his trainer. He was still breathing, that eased Charizard.

Charizard placed his wing over Leon’s body and looked at the stars. “I will accept not being able to battle as much.” He recalled their journey together and the battles. “I am glad I met you. Leon. I will stay with you until that day.” Charizard closed his eyes and he dreamt of the times with Leon.

Last edited:
Okay. Well I guess this one is too short to go point-by-point as I like to, but here goes anyway. I was a bit thrown off by the fact that we have talking Pokemon running amok in there. It works for what it is. But, more importantly. Toneage is a bit strange. Lots of little bits in there, like the part about Leon wanting to make the region's trainers strong. But at the start it looks like it's setting up for a death scene. This is quickly dulled by him saying they still have a lot of time left. It makes the part at the end where he just passes out less dramatic. The concept of him pulling back after his injuries is brought up out of nowhere by the Charizard and not mentioned by Leon himself at all.

But it is an interesting base concept. Looking at the relationship between a veteran trainer and his Pokemon after the former got injured. Maybe in a way that would prevent him from battling again. There's been plenty of Pokemon getting injured and the trainers' views on that, but very little in the case of the other way around. You took a canonical incident from the games (which you seem to like, given your previous fic) and went to explore just that. Feel this could be great if it was longer and had some polish. As is, I'd say it's solidly okay. The tone thing is a small problem, but really the biggest is that it leaves you wanting more. Nice little piece otherwise.

Okay. Well I guess this one is too short to go point-by-point as I like to, but here goes anyway. I was a bit thrown off by the fact that we have talking Pokemon running amok in there. It works for what it is. But, more importantly. Toneage is a bit strange. Lots of little bits in there, like the part about Leon wanting to make the region's trainers strong. But at the start it looks like it's setting up for a death scene. This is quickly dulled by him saying they still have a lot of time left. It makes the part at the end where he just passes out less dramatic. The concept of him pulling back after his injuries is brought up out of nowhere by the Charizard and not mentioned by Leon himself at all.

But it is an interesting base concept. Looking at the relationship between a veteran trainer and his Pokemon after the former got injured. Maybe in a way that would prevent him from battling again. There's been plenty of Pokemon getting injured and the trainers' views on that, but very little in the case of the other way around. You took a canonical incident from the games (which you seem to like, given your previous fic) and went to explore just that. Feel this could be great if it was longer and had some polish. As is, I'd say it's solidly okay. The tone thing is a small problem, but really the biggest is that it leaves you wanting more. Nice little piece otherwise.

Thank you for the review.
How can I improve the tone?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom