• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Les Miserables Mafia- Vive La Revolution- Town Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Les Miserables Mafia

Aw yeah, let's go.

Re: Les Miserables Mafia

I'll sub, if you'd allow me.

Re: Les Miserables Mafia- Day 1: Prologue

Vote: Hachidori
@Hachidori;

So, how has your day been? I've had a nice one, besides the weather. It's been rainy all day with a 60% chance THAT YOU ARE SCUM!

So, normally I'm a huge proponent for no lynching, but this is different setup than what I am used to. We may have two power roles, and we may only have one. In fact, we might not even have a cop. That means our real best bet is trying to get a lynch. But also, we need discussion, even if there isn't much discussion to be had without powers. I still think someone will slip up and we can go from there.

@Hachidori;

So, how has your day been? I've had a nice one, besides the weather. It's been rainy all day with a 60% chance THAT YOU ARE SCUM!

So, normally I'm a huge proponent for no lynching, but this is different setup than what I am used to. We may have two power roles, and we may only have one. In fact, we might not even have a cop. That means our real best bet is trying to get a lynch. But also, we need discussion, even if there isn't much discussion to be had without powers. I still think someone will slip up and we can go from there.
There are six possible variations to this setup:
• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop, Doctor.
• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop, Jailkeeper.
• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Doctor, Jailkeeper.
• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop.
• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Jailkeeper.
• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Doctor.
2/8 chance of mafia, or am I missing something?
VOTE: Neonsands
Scummy logic and first poster.

There are six possible variations to this setup:
• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop, Doctor.
• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop, Jailkeeper.
• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Doctor, Jailkeeper.
• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop.
• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Jailkeeper.
• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Doctor.
2/8 chance of mafia, or am I missing something?
VOTE: Neonsands
Scummy logic and first poster.

Actually, your logic is wrong. Clearly if we are going off statistics, it would be 2/9. That being said, we already know I'm 0/9 chance of being mafia. And according to my calculations, you have a 1/1 chance of being mafia scum. Only reason I'm not voting you is because Hachidori is 60% chance. So, I want to be sure. We can save the 100% chance for later.

Actually, your logic is wrong. Clearly if we are going off statistics, it would be 2/9. That being said, we already know I'm 0/9 chance of being mafia. And according to my calculations, you have a 1/1 chance of being mafia scum. Only reason I'm not voting you is because Hachidori is 60% chance. So, I want to be sure. We can save the 100% chance for later.

The last half of this is totally nonsensical (I'm assuming that's on purpose?).

The last half of this is totally nonsensical (I'm assuming that's on purpose?).

It's all in the data. From what you are seeing, everyone has a 2/9 chance of being mafia. From what I am seeing, we have a 160% chance of getting mafia. You just have to look at the specifics of the situation.

Tell me quickly what's the story,
Who saw what and why and when?
Let them give a full description,
Let them answer to Javert!

But seriously, what is going on?
Vote: Neonsands
In all the games I've played with you, you've been town. Therefore you are statistically the most likely to be scum.

Tell me quickly what's the story,
Who saw what and why and when?
Let them give a full description,
Let them answer to Javert!

But seriously, what is going on?
Vote: Neonsands
In all the games I've played with you, you've been town. Therefore you are statistically the most likely to be scum.

Bizarre. I'm used to being independent =O

Anyways, I think I found another 40% chance of getting a mafia. It was hiding under my bed. I'm now 200% sure.

What size bed was it? And was it comfortable?

Before you guys vote me for making a joke, let me give you more reason to vote me, I don't like to vote on the first phase because it's mostly joke votes, so you guys won't be hearing much from me this phase...unless something significant happens.

What size bed was it? And was it comfortable?

Before you guys vote me for making a joke, let me give you more reason to vote me, I don't like to vote on the first phase because it's mostly joke votes, so you guys won't be hearing much from me this phase...unless something significant happens.

Queen. Yes, it was.

If we are voting for making joke posts, then Stuntology better look out. Among all of these completely serious posts, his stood out as the least relevant and most joking.

So, basically what I'm thinking is that there isn't really a reason to not talk, ya know? There is a 50/50 shot that there isn't even an investigative role in this game. Therefore, we need the cooperation of all players to make sure we know what's our best course of action as town. Obviously there isn't going to be much significance to votes, but applying pressure and reading into things are something every vanilla player can do. I'm happy to help direct conversation by being stupidly active, but at the same time I don't particularly want to lead the town. I want us to work as a cohesive group to succeed. Sound like a plan for everyone? Looking forward to working with everyone. As well, I'm happy to talk outside of thread if someone wants to give me their read or something so I can speak up for them (in the event that they don't want to bring attention to themselves).

3. Except for the mafia quick topic, there are no outside communications.
As well, I'm happy to talk outside of thread if someone wants to give me their read or something so I can speak up for them (in the event that they don't want to bring attention to themselves).
Vote Neonsands

Scum found. 1 down, 1 to go.

@Hachidori;

At the time of reading this I just woke up, so there's not much to tell. Weather is heavy rain mixed with wind, a decidedly unpleasant combo. I did download the ORAS demo, so that's a ray of sunshine.

I think your meteorology skills need some tweaking though. Assuming that you are indeed town, the chances of any other player being mafia is 2/8 or 25%. But considering it's so early in the game, I'm hope you understand that I'm not going to take your word for it, so the chances of any player being mafia is 2/9 or 22.2%.

I do agree that we need to operate as if there isn't a cop in the setup and focus our energies on scum-hunting in thread.

@Pyanda;
Or, he could just not have read (or read and forgotten about) that particular rule.

Vote Neonsands

Scum found. 1 down, 1 to go.

I actually took the time to go back and read the rules to make sure I understood everything, and completely blanked that we couldn't PM. That is my bad. The sentiment still remains the same, I'd like us to work together rather than have one or two people lead. Whatever I can do to foster that mentality, I will do.

At the time of reading this I just woke up, so there's not much to tell. Weather is heavy rain mixed with wind, a decidedly unpleasant combo. I did download the ORAS demo, so that's a ray of sunshine.

I think your meteorology skills need some tweaking though. Assuming that you are indeed town, the chances of any other player being mafia is 2/8 or 25%. But considering it's so early in the game, I'm hope you understand that I'm not going to take your word for it, so the chances of any player being mafia is 2/9 or 22.2%.

I do agree that we need to operate as if there isn't a cop in the setup and focus our energies on scum-hunting in thread.

You mean my calculations of 200% certainty are wrong? I'm flabbergasted =P. In all seriousness, I'm well aware of the situation at hand. We have a 50/50 shot of only having 1 power role, and a 50/50 shot of not having a cop at all. That's scary. However, there are other ways to prove innocence, even without scumhunting. I'm hoping we can use a combination of all sorts of things to maximize our odds.

That being said. @The_Pikachu; @Flip Flop; @Pyanda; As much as I encourage votes and the like, mind removing them from me? If they were pressure votes, I understand, and am certainly feeling the pressure, but do we really need a bandwagon on me to start? I know I've been super active and talkative, but is that really the way we want to lynch by? That doesn't exactly promote talking, in fact that would scare people from talking more and doing actual scumhunting. I want a nice active game, not one where people are scared to post and the mafia can get by without having to contribute.

On that note:
Unvote: Hachidori
Vote: Knox

@Knox; Care to share your thoughts on the wagon against me? Any gut feelings about it?

Or, he could just not have read (or read and forgotten about) that particular rule.
Could be.

but at the same time I don't particularly want to lead the town.
Why is this? I mean, you are pretty much taking the lead right now being the most active, organising the game and stuff. Are you afraid of being the centre of attention? Your judgement? Or do you want to start as a lead and gain trust then fall backstage as the game progresses and lurk to win as scum?

However, there are other ways to prove innocence, even without scumhunting. I'm hoping we can use a combination of all sorts of things to maximize our odds.

That being said. @The_Pikachu; @Flip Flop; @Pyanda; As much as I encourage votes and the like, mind removing them from me? If they were pressure votes, I understand, and am certainly feeling the pressure, but do we really need a bandwagon on me to start? I know I've been super active and talkative, but is that really the way we want to lynch by? That doesn't exactly promote talking, in fact that would scare people from talking more and doing actual scumhunting. I want a nice active game, not one where people are scared to post and the mafia can get by without having to contribute.
Do explain how to do so.

Not sure why you are asking people to take their votes off you when you know the reason behind it? Seems a bit unnecessary to be afraid of a wagon on you when it's only so early. I don't have any complaints about you talking so much, but sometimes I feel like half of what you have posted is just "town posts", like they are just there to seem town rather than actually doing anything if you know what I mean. But that might just be me though.

Why is this? I mean, you are pretty much taking the lead right now being the most active, organising the game and stuff. Are you afraid of being the centre of attention? Your judgement? Or do you want to start as a lead and gain trust then fall backstage as the game progresses and lurk to win as scum?

Fair enough. I wanted to be active and lead to start, so we would start off on the right foot. As well, I want to help out my fellow host by getting activity going. By no means am I afraid to be the center of attention, I'd say it is a safe bet that I already am, and will most likely be the first checked in the event that the cop is part of this game. My concern, is that if one person starts leading discussion (myself currently), and I happen to be night killed, we lose all of that gained traction and have to start over again, and this could continue every single phase. This would help the mafia greatly and make the town easy pickings.

So, my question to you is, why would a mafia member willingly throw themselves out in front of everyone like I'm doing? I'm obviously the center of attention right now. I'm obviously the first check by the cop (if they are around), why would I play so recklessly without even knowing the setup? I like to think I'm smarter than that. I understand when risks are smart to take, and day 1 isn't exactly prime real estate to be risky. I'm putting myself forward to take attention away from those with power roles. If the mafia decides to kill me off, good! Then I'm doing my job properly. At the same time, I want everyone involved so we aren't losing anything by losing me.

Do explain how to do so.

Not sure why you are asking people to take their votes off you when you know the reason behind it? Seems a bit unnecessary to be afraid of a wagon on you when it's only so early. I don't have any complaints about you talking so much, but sometimes I feel like half of what you have posted is just "town posts", like they are just there to seem town rather than actually doing anything if you know what I mean. But that might just be me though.

Other such confirmations are doctors saving people, and jailers preventing kills. If a kill fails and nobody knew who the doctor was protecting, then that person is obviously a good person to trust. If somebody gets jailed at night and no kill happens, then you likely have a mafia member jailed. At least, those are the scenarios I was thinking.

My reasoning for taking the votes off of me is because I know it is a mislynch. Straight up. I won't lie about my thought process. As well, I'm afraid of how easily the wagon formed. One joke vote, into another questionable vote, into a vote with decent logic behind it. Your vote makes sense, the other two didn't. And it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a wagon get steam in the same way. The mafia just has to look for one misunderstanding to point out, and suddenly those joke votes become a real wagon to mislynch.

You're right in that my posts so far haven't been anything more than fluff. The point of them has been to get people posting. That's why I reply and try to get discussion moving. I'm sorry for not having much to work with yet, but my entire plan so far has been to get the amount of posts I've put up, put up by everyone. Then we actually have something to work with from this point on.

I can also reassure you. In the event I make it anywhere in this game, I don't plan on lurking in the slightest.

Nicely done.

Unvote Neonsands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom