• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

less favorite rivals

less favorite Rivals in pokemon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rika

average pokemon trainer
Reaction score
Blue (Gary)
IRIS
Lance
Red
N
wally
Silver
Others

Trevor irks me to no end. At least Tierno's got that Scotty 2 Hotty dancing thing going on. Plus, the fuck's up with that afro? Gingers should never have afros.

I don't think Iris, Lance, and N count as rivals. When I think rivals, I always think of characters like May/Brendan, Dawn/Lucas, Barry, Cheren, Bianca, that guy in Black 2 and White 2 who's name I keep on forgetting (the one who had a little sister who's Pokemon was stolen by Team Plasma), and the millions of people they have as your rivals in X and Y (okay, it's four people, but you get it).

A rival who used to be my least favorite was Barry. While his character is not really my favorite, that one moment that made me not completely dislike him was when he called Palmer "daddy" in Platinum. That was funny and I'll give him some points for that. Beyond Black and White, I guess those rivals would be my least favorites. I don't remember anything about them apart from Tierno loving to dance.

Blue, Brandon/may, barry and tierno are my least favorite rivals.
Blue: because he's just a jerk/cliché rival with no character developpement.
Brandon/may : they have no personalities whatsoever, and barry and tierno : they're just irritating.

Any rival other than Silver or maybe Hugh, really. They're all rather bland or rather annoying.

Tierno, Trevor, Shauna, and Serena/Calem. They could have just been meshed into one somewhat more interesting rival, rather than four one-dimensional characters.

That said, half of the rivals aren't in the poll. Iris, N, Lance, and Red don't even fit the bill. Shouldn't it be Blue, Silver, Brendan/May, Wally, Barry, Cheren, Bianca, Hugh, Shauna, Serena/Calem, and (sorta) Tierno and Trevor?

Last edited:
Hugh and his sister's Purrloin and the Kalos bunch of pseudo friends.

I Actually like Hugh.

In terms of actually doing anything, Dawn/Lucas though I like Dawn.

For who I would pick as worst overall - Tierno. What's the point of him?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom