• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
As you've all noticed by now, Bulbagarden is snowing! This snow will continue throughout the month of December. Features include:

• Snow will collect at the bottom of the screen, so users who go AFK might find they've been snowed in!
  • There's a switch for users to toggle the snow on and off right at the top of the main page.
  • The snow will be available on every skin.
  • The snow will follow the direction of the "wind" (ie. your mouse).

Also for the month of December, Bulbagarden will be switching between two skins. The current default is our old Christmas skin, but if you guys check out "Silver Balls Redux" (Made by @Ghost) you can see a brand new winter themed skin! The two skins will be alternating as the default throughout the month.

We hope you'll enjoy our new look. Also be sure to check back tomorrow as our Christmas contests will begin! We'll have a few contests from last year, as well as some new ones!

Happy holidays!

the red background hurts my eyes.....

snow... yay love the snow

I love the snow! Thanks, it's amazing! The skins are nice too!

I read the title as "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snorunt!" cause I like that episode. XD

And yay, snow! I love the snow! =D

I think I like the nice little touch, but I had to disable it because it's hogging down the CPU for some reason and also caused the temperature to rise. At least things should go much faster... and I love the revamped skins! The CPU temperature went up by 5 degrees C as soon as the snow kicked in XD It's like it's trying to keep warm!

I see we're taking website design lessons from 1999 here.

Then again, some things from the "past" do have their own charm. It's a nice touch to a holiday-themed skin.

The red and green Christmas skin we had last year gave me severe migraines after 5 minutes, so I'm glad I can at least have something Christmas-y on my screen this year without having to go lie down and take some pills!

Edit: Just tried it out and I really like Silver Ball Redux. Very clean. Good work on that, Ghost!

Edit #2: Actually, not keen on the box around my avatar with this skin, but it's Christmas, so I'll let it slide ;)

Last edited:
Uh... Where exactly is the snow? I can't see it...

...Or is it because I'm on my iPhone?

The snow is cool,but it slows my laptop down way to much for me to keep it on. The Chiristmas 2005 skin gives me a headache. But the Silver Balls Redux skin is awsome!

I love the snow, but it lags my browser too much, so I won't be using it. I also have the problem of having to click "Toggle Snow OFF" every time I go to a different page, but oh well.

Only through December?

Goddamnit, why does every site incorporate snow with December? It's not like January and February have clear skies and blistering sunshine like December. In fact, those two months tend to bring about more snow than December itself!

Not to be a Scrooge, but could this snow effect possibly be extended through the three Winter months?

Well I hate to be the scrooge here but this snow effect causes me TOO MUCH LAG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom