• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Let's blow shit up

The thread title is win.

Kids show have explosions, think about it; nearly every kids show with some sort of action has explosions, it's a shonen thing.

The thread title is win.

Kids show have explosions, think about it; nearly every kids show with some sort of action has explosions, it's a shonen thing.

Thanks babe.
@bold: Wow I actually have to agree with you there now that I think about it...then again..Pokemans was created by Shonen? (i r n00b yus :dumb:)

You can't really imitate an explosion.

Right, exactly, heh heh......*tosses pipe bomb to Max*

And it's not just shonen shows, EVERY anime has massive explosions(well, maybe not lucky star XD)

the same trick that action movie prducers have been using for years
some of the explosions just look ridiculous

...because it's very bothersome/difficult for the animators to animate direct hits. Explosions takes much less effort to animate. Not to mention that it looks like the moves do more damage with explosions XD

Funniest example gotta be DP76 (and that was even a Iwane episode). Girafarig uses that thing on it's tail for a simple bite attack on Blaziken's leg. The result? EXPLOSIONZZZZZ!

I always wondered how that happened...

Ok, heres one. When Grotle used Rock Climb to pop TR's balloon, it blew up. Seriously, the balloon part actually blew up. Maybe the jets should've blown up, but the whole balloon? Come on.

I always wondered how that happened...

Ok, heres one. When Grotle used Rock Climb to pop TR's balloon, it blew up. Seriously, the balloon part actually blew up. Maybe the jets should've blown up, but the whole balloon? Come on.

I think somewhere around 8th season, the Pokemon anime was ruined and D/P is just like a spit in the face while you're down on the ground.

And it's not just shonen shows, EVERY anime has massive explosions(well, maybe not lucky star XD)

Don't tell me you forgot about that comic book guy and his hot-blooded justice?! *explodes*

The really stupid thing here is that the exact same attacks turn into sparkles whenever there's a contest episode.

How does that work?

The really stupid thing here is that the exact same attacks turn into sparkles whenever there's a contest episode.

How does that work?

Really can't think of any examples at the top of my head, but could do with the power fluctuations. I mean any many of these type of shows, I'll use Dragonball even though I know very little about it (There are many episodes I missed), it seems that every signature attack has to do with the various ways a Person uses a single type of energy: Ki.

It seems to me that the Kamehameha Wave uses the same type of energy as say Vegeta's big bang, the difference would probably be how one utilizes that energy. And I may be wrong but assume for a moment I have a point, and apply it to Pokemon.

If a Pokemon uses an attack and it's power of the attack fluctuates, then it could change the appearance of said attack in a slightly different way.

That's really the whole point of contests, to use a move in an appealing, and unusual way. I'm sure technically a lot of Contest techniques wouldn't work if you applied a non changeable standard to each and every Pokemon move.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom