• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Let's blow shit up

Our Wasted Years

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
OK idk if this was discussed in other threads and shit but do you guys ever wonder why almost EVERY Pokemon attack makes things blow up?! I realize some of the attacks are very strong do to srs damage to things but I mean it's like DBZ sometimes. I just don't get it, anyone got some theory?!

I never got that either. Like after Pikachu's attacks in the 8th movie? Why do electric attacks explode??

and that electabuuzz and moneferno punch in the ash vs paul episode, more unbelievable.

Consider who the target audience is.

Explosions are considered cool while realistic violence is easily emulated by children, who will subsequentially hurt themselves trying to imitate what they see on TV. You can't really imitate an explosion.

That's the main reason why the anime uses alot of explosions, glowing body parts and elemental attacks rather then straight-up physical contact.

Consider who the target audience is.

Explosions are considered cool while realistic violence is easily emulated by children, who will subsequentially hurt themselves trying to imitate what they see on TV. You can't really imitate an explosion.

That's the main reason why the anime uses alot of explosions, glowing body parts and elemental attacks rather then straight-up physical contact.

OK I can see what you mean there, but Pokemon episodes DO have physical combats at times. Even the human trainers sometimes were involved in a "physical fight" of some sort. But to be honest if their going to make everything blow up, it's just pointless.

Without all of the explosions the attacks would be less appealing, if bullet seed just shot little seeds that bounced off of things it would be less exciting than if they were to explode. I guess it's just one of those things like how Ash gets burnt by Pikachu's electrical attacks but is fine the next scene, realistically he would probably go to a hospital or at least have to change his clothes but that would take away form the show so they kind of just wing it.

I am guessing that when two energies from pokemon come together they mix and cause an explosion because each attack, unless its physical has an element and when two special attacks with an element, like flamethrower (fire element) and bubblebeam (water element) meet, they cause an explosion because of the mixing elements and when a powerful physical attack is used, like giga impact, this causes an explosion as it takes all the pokemons power to use the attack, plus it would also have an element. I am guessing that elements in attacks explode when they come in contact with other elements in pokemon moves, just how mixing two different liquids may sometimes make them explode (if you have the right liquids)

I am guessing that when two energies from pokemon come together they mix and cause an explosion because each attack, unless its physical has an element and when two special attacks with an element, like flamethrower (fire element) and bubblebeam (water element) meet, they cause an explosion because of the mixing elements

Umm there were a few moves that were Physical attacks made an explosion but I could be wrong. Also Pikachu's T-Bolt alone in numerous episodes ALONE blew up. I don't see how a bolt of thunder hitting the ground and people can blow up. Most of the time's "elements" do not mix at all and making, lets just say for the sake of the argument, Flamethrower and Water Gun colliding..I do not see how such a mix can cause an explosion at all.

Maybe it's because the attacks are compressed energy...and when they make contact with something, the energy is quickly released, thus leading to a BOOM!

Come to think of it...this. Everything's better with explosions...and spinning.
And jiggling Anime Boobies that are on on jiggling Anime lesbians. You know that is what Pokemon needs I think. Anime Lesbians with Anime styled boobs controlling a bunch of monsters bowing shit up with the elements. Not to mention there are the Anime boys that cause the Anime lesbians bi. Ill shut up now with my fantasy Pokemon Anime...

And jiggling Anime Boobies that are on on jiggling Anime lesbians. You know that is what Pokemon needs I think. Anime Lesbians with Anime styled boobs controlling a bunch of monsters bowing shit up with the elements. Not to mention there are the Anime boys that cause the Anime lesbians bi. Ill shut up now with my fantasy Pokemon Anime...

wow XD, if thats the case, pokemon will get a hell of a lot more viewers,, and yet, lose some

Let me ask you something?

Do you know the chemical properties or physics behind Pokemon attacks?

If you don't, you really have no reason to complain when a Pokemon attack causes something to blow up.

Trust me bubbles in real life would not hurt on contact, the only plausible explanation is that bubblebeam or bubble has more force to it than real life bubbles. Possibly hitting at a target at a less force than a bullet (less because obviously bubble or bubblebeam isn't going to kill anyone. It at least has enough or more power than a paintball. And Paint balls do hurt.

...because it's very bothersome/difficult for the animators to animate direct hits. Explosions takes much less effort to animate. Not to mention that it looks like the moves do more damage with explosions XD

Funniest example gotta be DP76 (and that was even a Iwane episode). Girafarig uses that thing on it's tail for a simple bite attack on Blaziken's leg. The result? EXPLOSIONZZZZZ!

...because it's very bothersome/difficult for the animators to animate direct hits. Explosions takes much less effort to animate. Not to mention that it looks like the moves do more damage with explosions XD

Funniest example gotta be DP76 (and that was even a Iwane episode). Girafarig uses that thing on it's tail for a simple bite attack on Blaziken's leg. The result? EXPLOSIONZZZZZ!
Ash kicked a can? EXPLOSION! Seriously this can go all day.

Ash kicked a can? EXPLOSION! Seriously this can go all day.

Nah don't be silly Ash is a person, by anime law for Ash to make an explosion doing that he'd have to shout something like CYCLONE CAN CAN KICK!!!!!!! whilst kicking it....and that's why they call him Ash the Stampede (some say he caught 30 tauros in one safari zone visit!)

I'll go take my medication now

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom