• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Trailers and News Discussion (Updated November 7th, 2018)

The presence of Mega Evolution really points to held items indeed being a thing here, if you ask me. Isn't it already a well established point that most Mega Evolutions require holding specific stones? I can't really see them changing that here.

Charizard has an option to swap between X and Y so unless it’s holding two held items at ones it seem strange...

Baddy Bad...

You absolutely cannot be serious. We've really gone that low? Ok then, let's just getty get LGPE over with so fully full focus can go towards next year's new genny gen games, mmmkay? Let this be the end of the two year 20th anniversary bender please.

Baddy Bad? Really? Who came up with that?!

Also, I heard that apparently LGPE are the last Pokemon games Masuda is gonna work on. I wonder why? Is he gonna retire, or is he planning to do something else? Whatever his reasons, I wish him the best.

Also, I heard that apparently LGPE are the last Pokemon games Masuda is gonna work on. I wonder why? Is he gonna retire, or is he planning to do something else? Whatever his reasons, I wish him the best.
Masuda is stepping down because of his age. He is now 50 and wants a younger person in the director's chair.

Yeah, as much as I’m still hyped about LGPE, I find the English names of the partner Pokémon moves so… childish. In comparison, the Italian moves sound closer to regular Pokémon moves…

Pika Papow -> Pikabolt
Splishy Splash -> Splash Surf
Floaty Fall -> Flap (Dive)bomb

Veevee Volley -> Eevee Impact
Buzzy Buzz -> Electrozap
Sizzly Slide -> Flame Boom
Bouncy Bubble -> Bubble Slurp (ok, this sounds actually bad, as it makes it sound like Eevee is drinking bubbles)

Though, that makes me think about the typings of Glitzy Glow and Baddy Bad. I’m quite confident that the former is Psychic and a reference to Espeon, while the latter is Dark and a reference to Umbreon. I wonder what will be the names of the Ice, Grass and Fairy attacks…

Well stepping down from director doesn't mean he won't still be involved with Game Freak or Pokemon. He's been the head composer for almost every game, so I imagine he'd still do that. Other directors that have worked on games as head director still work on games in lesser roles, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, as much as I’m still hyped about LGPE, I find the English names of the partner Pokémon so… childish. In comparison, the Italian moves sound closer to regular Pokémon moves…

Pika Papow -> Pikabolt
Splishy Splash -> Splash Surf
Floaty Fall -> Flap (Dive)bomb

Veevee Volley -> Eevee Impact
Buzzy Buzz -> Electrozap
Sizzly Slide -> Flame Boom
Bouncy Bubble -> Bubble Slurp (ok, this sounds actually bad, as it makes it sound like Eevee is drinking bubbles)

Though, that makes me think about the typings of Glitzy Glow and Baddy Bad. I’m quite confident that the former is Psychic and a reference to Espeon, while the latter is Dark and a reference to Umbreon. I wonder what will be the names of the Ice, Grass and Fairy attacks…
It could have been so simple... Pikabolt and Eevee Impact sound just fine to me.

As an aside, Bubble Slurp may actually be very on point considering that Eevee drains health from the opponent.

He will almost certainly continue to serve as the company director and producer for future games. There is little reason to think that this will make much of a difference, when it didn't for SM.

If something, he composed more songs for SM than he did for BW or XY; and that's great.
I honestly hope he remains as the Pokémon "visible face", though.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom