• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Trailers and News Discussion (Updated November 7th, 2018)

They always have the option to bring a Grass/Water Type.

A perfect solution imo:

If player has Pikachu with no Water/Grass Type: NPC- "You're taking a huge risk there with no water or grass types against Brock! You can always teach your Pikachu double kick to help, though!"

If the player has Pikachu with Water/Grass Type: NPC- "Your Water/Grass Type is optimal to deal with Brock in this gym! They’re particularly effective against his rock types!"

Both would inform players of the advantages/disadvantages and let them decide themselves.

There is no point in telling you to teach Pikachu double kick if it is possible to have already chose not to learn Double Kick.

As for the rest, well, it is barely any different to what the actual case is. All they ask is to show them a grass or water type. Now, if our PC wasn't attached to our bag, then I can see the annoyance of it, because you'd have to go back to the Pokemon centre just to get a specific type, and then go all the way back too the gym to show it to them, and then go back to the PC to deposit it if you don't want to use it. However, this isn't the case, as your PC has now a bag feature. All you need to do is quickly place a Grass/Water type Pokemon into your party, show the person, and then quickly deposit it back. I really don't see how that is a big deal. It ensures that new trainers are being taught type matchups without accidentally missing anything, while everyone else can now very quickly and conveniently switch Pokemon between party and PC in a matter of a couple of seconds. It isn't nearly annoying enough to be upset about.

Yeah the pc bag thing does help but, it feels like such an unnecessary speed bump. The thing is they removed the hold item slot we know these games will have a lot of features removed.

The thing is they removed the hold item slot we know these games will have a lot of features removed.

We don't even know if the hold item slot is actually removed, though? Sure, it looks like the summary screen doesn't have a spot for it, but it was the same case with SM before the Pokemon even held an item.

I'm leaning towards the summary screen not being finished anyway - there's no origin marking or OT shown on it. We should at least wait for more information or screenshots before saying they're removing that feature.

I'm leaning towards the summary screen not being finished anyway - there's no origin marking or OT shown on it. We should at least wait for more information or screenshots before saying they're removing that feature.

I agree we should wait before seeing if items slots are gone or not but... if the game's summary screen isn’t finished yet and the game is supposed to release in November- GameFreak needs better planning.
Designing the summary screen should have been done by now.

@Tuoko You know how you select a Pokémon in the party screen and it gives you a list of options? I saw a screenshot of that and it didn't include the give item command.

1528902143914.png
[/SPOILERS]

Last edited:
@Tuoko You know how you select a Pokémon in the party screen and it gives you a list of options? I saw a screenshot of that and it didn't include the give item command.

Huh... Sucks that it's removed then. I checked the SM demo to see if it had that option and it did, haven't checked the ORAS demo, though.

I guess this shows Megas and Z-Moves aren't gonna be in even as a post-game feature, which is a shame.

EDIT: Also I noticed something, but I do like how starter Pikachu/Eevee have their own unique sprites and some of the bigger mons got new sprites - Onix, Lapras, Charizard, Venusaur, and Blastoise.

It's also nice how we can change the nicknames at any time.

Someone playing at the E3 demo confirmed you can make a Pokémon hold items.
They probably just changed the option from the Pokémon Party to the Bag itself.

Okay pretty dumb UI change but whatever. What about the rumors I heard that there isn't abilities?

How credible is this person though? Because anybody can say “i played this game, ask me anything”.

The same credible as people saying there're no held items or abilities.
But I'd rather believe there's no reason for Game Freak to take both out.

The same credible as people saying there're no held items or abilities

The people saying there are no items/abilities did not make random claims. They looked at the summary and bag menus and made the deduction.
So, no the difference in creditablity isn’t the same. One is a conclusion reached by an analysis and the other is a random claim.

I'd rather see the items/abilities be in the game too (who wouldn’t?).

No offense to @Desdar300, but I'd think that held items and abilities would be general knowledge by now if they'd been available in the demo.

A TPCi representative was specifically asked about those two things and said that they couldn't be confirmed at E3. That's pretty much PR speak for "they're gone", since it makes no sense to keep such basic features a surprise. Also, why remove the option to attach an item from the party menu?

Just notice this morning that they announce that the mega evolution will be there.
And there is rumor of new ones according to gamergen.

The presence of Mega Evolution really points to held items indeed being a thing here, if you ask me. Isn't it already a well established point that most Mega Evolutions require holding specific stones? I can't really see them changing that here.

Hey does anybody know how to collect the wallpaper for the Let's Go Cup championship? I got confused in the Pokemon website....

The presence of Mega Evolution really points to held items indeed being a thing here, if you ask me. Isn't it already a well established point that most Mega Evolutions require holding specific stones? I can't really see them changing that here.
It's also well established that you battle wild Pokemon. Not so here.

The idea of the Mega Stone being in the bag alongside the Key Stone isn't that farfetched. It's rather similar to how the two stones actually touched in Origins.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom