• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Trailers and News Discussion (Updated November 7th, 2018)

Reaction score
In this thread you can talk about trailers and news regarding Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. We have trailers and handy info below.

Next News

... PDT (US Pacific)
... EDT (US East)

... BST (UK)
... CEST (Europe)
... JST (Japan)
... AEST (Australia)

Where To Find News
English Let's Go, Pikachu/Eevee Website
English Pokémon Youtube Channel
Japanese Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Website
Japanese Pokémon Youtube Channel

Trailers
29th May - Initial Reveal Trailer (Japanese version)
17th June - Nintendo Direct E3 2018
17th June - Nintendo Treehouse (E3 2018)
12th July - Explore the World of Pokémon
9th August - Picking Pikachu or Eevee is Only the Beginning! (Japanese version)
19th August - Sneak Peek: Unleash the Power of Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Gyarados!
10th September - Personalize your Adventure in Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu! and Pokémon Let's Go Eevee!
14th September - Nintendo Direct 14.09.18
19th September - A Whole New Way to GO! (Japanese version)
25th September - New Pokémon Discovered: Introducing Meltan! (Japanese version)
10th October - New Discovery: Rare Footage of Meltan in the Wild! (Japanese version)
10th October - Meltan Research Update from Professor Oak and Professor Willow (Japanese version)
15th October - Adventure awaits in Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! & Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!
18th October - Become a Master Trainer in Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! & Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee
24th October - Meltan Research Update: Introducing Melmetal! (Japanese)
31st October - Lavender Town Awaits You in Pokémon: Let's Go!
7th November - Put Your Skills to the Ultimate Test: Become the Pokémon League Champion!

Last edited:
My prediction is that we won't get anything between E3 and August again. :rolleyes:

The new Pokemon will likely be the release distribution like Munchlax and Rockruff, and those typically get revealed in the middle of the prerelease period.

Posted it in the general discussion thread, but it is relevant here, too.
More bad news:

No GTS+Wonder Trade and Nintendo Switch Online service required to access online features.

I prepared myself to like and enjoy these games, and for GameFreak to provide more reasons for me to buy these games at launch.
They’re making a lot of effort in the opposite direction.

Event exclusive Pokémon is and always was an anti consumer concept. Forcing players to shell out $50 a periphal they may or may not want for Mew is inexcusable. I know people (not necessarily including or excluding people on this forum) will try to deflect by saying "It's their game they can do whatever they want :p", "Well the most loyal customers should get rewarded :)" or "why wouldn't you buy the Pokeball plus it's so kyute uwu ~!" but we know the problems with all those so, I try my hardest not to even entertain them.

I'm long tired of this and that I'm forced to accept this because it's tradition and that it was allegdedly(with little evidence) instrumental in Pokémon's success in one region for a short period of time over two decades ago.

Event exclusive Pokémon is and always was an anti consumer concept. Forcing players to shell out $50 a periphal they may or may not want for Mew is inexcusable. I know people (not necessarily including or excluding people on this forum) will try to deflect by saying "It's their game they can do whatever they want :p", "Well the most loyal customers should get rewarded :)" or "why wouldn't you buy the Pokeball plus it's so kyute uwu ~!" but we know the problems with all those so, I try my hardest not to even entertain them.

I'm long tired of this and that I'm forced to accept this because it's tradition and that it was allegdedly(with little evidence) instrumental in Pokémon's success in one region for a short period of time over two decades ago.

Eh, business is shifted in that way, unfortunately. I mean, they already did that with the amiibo: “Buy this toy so that you can do this thing in this game, otherwise you can’t”.

It’s a formula that works for some reason, especially among completionists.

@Cresselia92 and Gacha games make shit loads of money by exploiting people's addictive tendencies. Corporations doing things I find unethical to make more money is nothing new and I know that. I'm just expressing that I find it slimy and that game preservation is more valuable than "the special feeling I get when I get a event only Pokemon ~!"

I do have a question: What is the difference between a casual player and a competitive player?
Basically the most drastic distinction would be that casuals play for fun and the competitive or “hardcore” crowd play seriously.

However, the terms have too much of a blurry line between them, if you ask me. I myself am more “casual” when it comes to playing, but I still like to breed perfect Pokémon and be good at it. You can be in the middle.

Having said that, though, LGPE seem very more oriented toward those who favor the more casual playstyle. Again, not saying the game is for any one type of person, or that anyone wanting to buy this game has to be one way, but given the information we’ve seen today I just feel like so much has been dumbed down and they’re gonna baby you all the way to the hall of fame and beyond.

Basically the most drastic distinction would be that casuals play for fun and the competitive or “hardcore” crowd play seriously.

However, the terms have too much of a blurry line between them, if you ask me. I myself am more “casual” when it comes to playing, but I still like to breed perfect Pokémon and be good at it. You can be in the middle.

Having said that, though, LGPE seem very more oriented toward those who favor the more casual playstyle. Again, not saying the game is for any one type of person, or that anyone wanting to buy this game has to be one way, but given the information we’ve seen today I just feel like so much has been dumbed down and they’re gonna baby you all the way to the hall of fame and beyond.
Would I be a casual player if I just play to have fun and enjoy the story?

You don't have to be in the competitive scene to be a hardcore Pokémon fans by my definition.

If you're on this forum you're pretty automatically above the threshold of people that Gamefreak is trying to pander to when they they do stupid bullshit like prevent the player from entering a gym without a type advantage. Jesus what the hell?! Did the concept player agancy kill your parents Masuda!?

Would I be a casual player if I just play to have fun and enjoy the story?
Some people might say yes. If you don’t care about things like natures and IVs and all that Jazz and just like the story then maybe, you could be. But let me ask this: does liking games for the story make you FEEL like a casual gamer? No matter the answer, it doesn’t matter. There’s nothing wrong with liking a game for something.

Some people might say yes. If you don’t care about things like natures and IVs and all that Jazz and just like the story then maybe, you could be. But let me ask this: does liking games for the story make you FEEL like a casual gamer? No matter the answer, it doesn’t matter. There’s nothing wrong with liking a game for something.
I do enjoy games for the story. I guess I'll pick up Let's go Eevee at some point.

they do stupid bullshit like prevent the player from entering a gym without a type advantage. Jesus what the hell?! Did the concept player agancy kill your parents Masuda!?
I don't really see the problem with this. Seeing as in the in the gameplay video that I watched on youtube, I noted that Oddish can be caught in Viridian Forest, even though they didn't in the original game. Just go and pick one up.

I think categorizing players as casual and competitive has become less of a definitive statement and more of a derogatory one, with hardcore players screaming "filthy casuals" and casual players screaming "get a life" to hardcore players.

I think definitively speaking, casual or hardcore is how much of your free time (or paid time if you're lucky enough to work in the industry) you spend on the franchise. Just because you competitively battle on weekends, doesn't necessarily make you as hardcore as some kid who's put hundreds of hours onto each game and pretty much eats, sleeps, and breathes Pokemon, collects cards, watches the anime, etc.

I also think it's ignorant to assume just because you spend time in one portion of the fandom that you believe is the "elite" portion that you're somehow above people who play Pokemon for the other reasons.

Some people just play for the story or for completion and I'd personally consider someone who completes a living shiny national dex more hardcore than someone who just owns a box or two of Pokemon that all happen to be fully competitively viable.

Personally I consider myself a lore junkie, so I'm all in it for the story, of course, what's a Pokemon game without battling, so around the Gen 4-5 era, I became adept at the competitive VGC scene (I always enjoyed doubles more than singles since my first games were Ruby, LeafGreen, and Emerald, the Generation of double battles and I did a lot of double battles at the Battle Frontier).

That being said, it's not my top priority in the franchise and I much prefer connections through the story, seeing timeline similarities, I get a kick out of things like the ultra wormhole theories, Zinnia's parallel universe claims, etc.

I actually spend a lot of my free time RESEARCHING Pokemon lore and forums such as the ones you can find on here about Pokemon lore or multiverse theories and timelines, some of my favorite YouTubers are the personalities who have already done extensive coverage on these topics such as Proto Mario and Bird Keeper Toby, I mean Toby did like five videos just making a Pokemon World Map, that's some dedication.

If you're gonna tell me Bob Smith topping a VGC tournament is more of a hardcore Pokemon fan than Bird Keeper Toby, you've got a whole lot of me laughing at you coming, because that's the total wrong definition of "hardcore".

I think people have misinterpreted hardcore as "I competitively battle so therefore I am above the casuals".

Last edited:
I don't really see the problem with this. Seeing as in the in the gameplay video that I watched on youtube, I noted that Oddish can be caught in Viridian Forest, even though they didn't in the original game. Just go and pick one up.

Why do I have to capture a Pokemon I don’t want just to enter a gym?
I swept Brock's team with Charmander's Metal Claw in FRLG so I can do it with Pikachu's double kick in LGPE.
Why does the gym leader care that I don’t have a competitive enough team for his specific type?

I swept Brock's team with Charmander's Metal Claw in FRLG so I can do it with Pikachu's double kick in LGPE.
Why does the gym leader care that I don’t have a competitive enough team for his specific type?

It really shouldn't be that big of a deal bro.

You had to do this for six generations just to use HM's, this is the same concept but on a far less annoying scale and appears to be a one-time thing for the Pewter City Gym only.

Besides, this game has already given plenty of incentives to catch every Pokemon you see anyways, for experience and to transfer for EV candies.

You had to do this for six generations just to use HM's, this is the same concept but on a far less annoying scale and appears to be a one-time thing for the Pewter City Gym only.

And GameFreak finally recognised HMs as a detrimental feature to the gameplay experience and removed it...
Only to make such a feature again.

And I'm looking at it amongst a bunch of other negative points and combined with them it doesn’t do any favours for the game's opinion to me.

I’m pretty sure I brave Brock’s gym with just ember in the original games. Now pikachu has double kick. It’s ridiculous to force it. Though considering they’re forcing you to catch Pokémon or be massively under leveled, it makes a little less annoying because you’ll probably already have one by then.

And GameFreak finally recognised HMs as a detrimental feature to the gameplay experience and removed it...
Only to make such a feature again.

And I'm looking at it amongst a bunch of other negative points and combined with them it doesn’t do any favours for the game's opinion to me.
The box is in your bag now though so its not like you have to run back and forth to the pokecenter to get rid of pokemon you don't want.

That's nice for you, but what about the new players that didn't teach Pikachu Double kick? This is a safeguard. Plus, once you show him a grass or water Pokémon, you can probably just box it back up right away anyway. You may not actually be forced to use a grass/water Pokémon during battles. I don't think the game is going to prevent you from switching Pokémon while in battle, or even prevent you from depositing the Pokémon after you show it to the person.

That's nice for you, but what about the new players that didn't teach Pikachu Double kick?

They always have the option to bring a Grass/Water Type.

A perfect solution imo:

If player has Pikachu with no Water/Grass Type: NPC- "You're taking a huge risk there with no water or grass types against Brock! You can always teach your Pikachu double kick to help, though!"

If the player has Pikachu with Water/Grass Type: NPC- "Your Water/Grass Type is optimal to deal with Brock in this gym! They’re particularly effective against his rock types!"

Both would inform players of the advantages/disadvantages and let them decide themselves.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom