• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Let’s Go with Marie Iitoyo! The World of the ‘Pocket Monsters’ Anime! ~Anipoké Complete Commentary Special~

Maybe, but you can't use the context from 6 years ago as evidence to something not happening either. Especially when SM broke the barrier built up with BW and XY, and showed that the writers were willing to experiment around.

I wasn't trying to use that as evidence of something not happening.

I just say that segments aren't proof of anything.

Continuity

EJAVR-AUUAEkmW_

EJAVR-ZU4AATmbr

I bet the just showed the old companions to show the starter pokemon

Weird conclusion to come to since most of them don't have starter Pokemon.

Anyway, the new footage was awesome. Personality for days! Beautiful animation! The return of Ash's awesome t-shirts! That Team Rocket motto! I'm still a little iffy on the actual content of the series (mainly because I'm still not really clear on what it actually is) but it sure is pretty to look at, and appears to be very exciting. Looking forward to finally seeing a full episode next week!

Certain sequences (Pikachu charging electricity before attacking, Team Rocket Motto) seem a lot longer than before.

That Lugia battle seems to be heavily influenced by the Raid Battles from Pokemon GO XD.

Lol at Ash doing the exact same thing Bonnie did to get zapped by electric-type pokemon.

Looks like Pichu evolved into Pikachu from the love and care by the Kangaskhan.

Scorbunny clinging on to Gou for affection omg so precious!

Also, Gou is left-handed. I don't think we've seen a lot of left-handed characters in the series, but it is nice to know :)

One thing I liked from the flashbacks was that Tracey featured, albeit briefly which can be prove that he hasn't been forgotten about
I got a huge smile when they showed Tracey. Same when they first showed Brock, but I expected Brock and Misty, but then when they showed Tracey I knew it would include everyone else, which does give me a bit more hope that anyone could appear in this series.

Hopefully this gets subbed, I feel like the host might have the same favorite Pokemon movie as me (Deoxys movie that no one else seems to like), but I'm not sure because of course I didn't know what was being said.

First time I heard the opening, I will always think of my favorite opening every time I hear it because it said 1,2,3 at the end (that being Getta Ban Ban), so that is a good thing. This one sounds pretty decent.

Overall this was a pretty cool special, some parts I'm not super thrilled with, like I still think the background art/anyone at a distance is a little out of focus and disappointed in the stock motto, but overall I am more excited to see the series than before the special.

Ok that scene of Lugia appearing out of a big honkin' wall cloud and the ensuing fight is lit. I get some Kanada-style vibes from the animation.

For reference:

One thing I liked from the flashbacks was that Tracey featured, albeit briefly which can be prove that he hasn't been forgotten about

Now we just need them to actually mention him or show him at Oak's lab

It was super annoying when they spent an entire episode there yet both him and Oak's Rotom were absent! Hopefully this is a sign we'll see him, even a mention of 'Oh Tracey's watching the lab for me while I'm here' would have been nice....

Now we just need them to actually mention him or show him at Oak's lab

It was super annoying when they spent an entire episode there yet both him and Oak's Rotom were absent! Hopefully this is a sign we'll see him, even a mention of 'Oh Tracey's watching the lab for me while I'm here' would have been nice....

Agreed, a cameo or even a reference would have sufficed

Ash: So Professor, where's Tracey?
Professor Oak: I asked him to run a errand to Professor Elm in Johto, would have done so myself but you and your friends were visiting

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom