• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Let’s Go with Marie Iitoyo! The World of the ‘Pocket Monsters’ Anime! ~Anipoké Complete Commentary Special~

I for one am hoping for something to wrap up the Lillie/Magearna/Mohn subplot.

Though yeah, if they were going to do that I think they would've said that upfront...<_<

Though I sure won't say no to an AU special! :D

Though considering how little they've talked about it, proabably another case of people sitting around talking about the Show (we better get some footage of the next series out of the deal)

Last edited:
The trailer at the end of today's episode revealed more information on the special program. It will be hosted by Marie Iitoyo, who voiced Lucy in the Japanese dub of the Detective Pikachu movie and has been appointed as an official "supporter" for the new series. The program will feature the world premiere of footage from the new anime and from its first episode.
「飯豊まりえと行く!アニメ『ポケットモンスター』の世界!~アニポケ徹底解説スペシャル~」
"Go with Marie Iitoyo to the World of the Anime "Pocket Monsters"! Pokémon Anime Complete Commentary Special"

The trailer at the end of today's episode revealed more information on the special program. It will be hosted by Marie Iitoyo, who voiced Lucy in the Japanese dub of the Detective Pikachu movie and has been appointed as an official "supporter" for the new series. The program will feature the world premiere of footage from the new anime and from its first episode.
Nice a clipshow

The press release clarifies that the special will be summarizing Ash and Pikachu's encounters so far with a "special video" (i.e. a clip show) in addition to the info on the new series. Marie Iitoyo will be voicing Kangaskhan's baby in the first episode of the series, who "holds the key" to the first episode.
sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

sub3.jpg

sub4.jpg

The press release clarifies that the special will be summarizing Ash and Pikachu's encounters so far with a "special video" (i.e. a clip show) in addition to the info on the new series. Marie Iitoyo will be voicing Kangaskhan's baby in the first episode of the series, who "holds the key" to the first episode.
sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

sub3.jpg

sub4.jpg
Doesn't look bad, a combo of SM and XY

Source? Is that the special or the first episode's title?

If it's the latter, that's an odd choice for a premier episode title.
It's a joke referring to the fact that in past series, a lot of (filler) episodes were spent by Ash and co. traveling through generic forests.

So the special for November 10th is going to be a clip show showcasing all of Ash's adventures from OS-SM, so to pave the way for the new series. Whilst November 17th will be NS001 and NS002.

Last edited:
I'm glad we're getting a clip show because that will allow the new series to be even more continuity heavy. Now they can teach new fans and refresh older ones about the people Ash has met and the places he's been, which will let the writers reference them in the new series.

I think that this saga won't formally start until the second episode. From the looks of it, the first episode is just a flashback episode about what Pikachu did prior to Ash obtaining it in I Choose You.

I think that this saga won't formally start until the second episode. From the looks of it, the first episode is just a flashback episode about what Pikachu did prior to Ash obtaining it in I Choose You.
No that's the special for November 10th.

Many fake leakers have made similar overshooting mistakes with Scorbunny's Final Evolution being pure Fire, when that is it's Mid Evolution. Final Evolution is not known

November 10th - Some sort of special staring the Japanese VA from Detective Pikachu

November 17th - Pikachu's backstory Special

This new series could have James checking up on Chimcho and how it's doing, and also collecting Cacnea from Gardenia in Sinnoh. (If they bring her back since her Japanese VA had died 6 years ago and the English Just disappeared.) She'll probably won't want to let it go.

Ash would like to see the Squirtle Squad and Primape on how it's been doing? Greninja will probably return when they go to Kalos, and the big climax will probably be set in Galar. or the Gen 9 Region if they are going to go down a cruel joke route for marketing.
They'll probably say ''Well the SwSh games IS the anime, and you're the star of it'' like as if that hadn't happened before.

Last edited:
November 10th - Some sort of special staring the Japanese VA from Detective Pikachu

November 17th - Pikachu's backstory Special

This new series could have James checking up on Chimcho and how it's doing, and also collecting Cacnea from Gardenia in Sinnoh. (If they bring her back since her Japanese VA had died 6 years ago and the English Just disappeared.) She'll probably won't want to let it go.

Ash would like to see the Squirtle Squad and Primape on how it's been doing? Greninja will probably return when they go to Kalos, and the big climax will probably be set in Galar. or the Gen 9 Region if they are going to go down a cruel joke route for marketing.
They'll probably say ''Well the SwSh games IS the anime, and you're the star of it'' like as if that hadn't happened before.
what in the world

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom