• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Let’s Go with Marie Iitoyo! The World of the ‘Pocket Monsters’ Anime! ~Anipoké Complete Commentary Special~

Information courtesy of Adamant

Abareru-kun has an important announcement to Pokénds all over Japan! In addition, Kusanagi from the comedian duo Miyashita Kusanagi shows up and everyone has a takoyaki party!
Shokotan's road to being an animator!

Summary:
For some reason, Abareru-kun is extremely excited today. He says he has an important announcement to Pokénds all over Japan, but what could it be?! Shokotan has an important notice to everyone as well! She's been doing key animation for the final episode of the "Pokémon Sun & Moon" anime, and while she was really stressed out about it since it was her first time, she's now finally completed the animation. What does the end product look like?! In addition, Kusanagi from the comedian dup Miyashita Kusanagi shows up as a takoyaki chef?! It's time for Pokénchi's special Takoyaki Party!

Cast:
Shoko Nakagawa
Hyadain
Abareru-kun
Rinka Otani
Guest: Koki Kusanagi (from Miyashita Kusanagi)

Those summaries are for Pokénchi. These are for the special: 飯豊まりえと行く!アニメ「ポケットモンスター」の世界!~アニポケ徹底解説SP~ | 番組詳細 | TVO テレビ大阪

Very rough translations follow:
"Pocket Monsters" starts on Nov. 17 (Sun)! Marie Iitoyo approaches the highlights! Full of videos making their world premiere, including the first episode of the anime!! Pikachu also appears!?

Cast list:
  • Marie Iitoyo
  • Voice from sky: Takumi Gotou (Yonsentoshin)
  • Narration: Yuichi Nakamura
The new TV anime series "Pocket Monsters" starts on Nov. 17 (Sun)! The curtains are opened on the new adventure of Satoshi and Pikachu!! To commemorate the broadcast, official supporter Marie Iitoyo dives deeply into the charms of the anime!! There are plenty of special videos that look back on Satoshi and Pikachu's journey, as well as videos making their world premiere!! The video of the first episode of the new series wrapped in a mystery will also be shown!! If you watch this, you can enjoy the Pokémon 100 times more!

Eh, I'll watch this special just to see if it gives us any glimpses of characters we can expect to see in this series.

Eh, I'll watch this special just to see if it gives us any glimpses of characters we can expect to see in this series.
I want to see any clips from the new series really.

If someone has watched this, can you tell me what happened during this special? I'm not at home at the moment and I doubt it'll air anywhere later for me to replay it all.
Mostly showed off old clips from the first episode (though weirdly not the HD version for some reason) and clips of Ash's past companions and Pokémon team members on Part A and clips from upcoming episodes on Part B.

Can you elaborate please? And you mentioned clips for the upcoming episodes, how's the animation quality? Any battles, if yes, then does it use action lines or stock backgrounds like SM?

Most of the clips featured Ash and Oak driving off, the introduction of the new professor, Lugia being awakened while Gou watches with some quick battle scenes (pretty damn slick looking with smears a plenty), Ash and Gou getting onto Lugia (with comical faces to boot), them fighting over what bed they get, Ash and Go meeting Koharu and Ash snuggling Yamper (in a similar vein to Zeraora with him getting electrocuted), Team Rocket's motto, Scorbunny showing himself off while Yamper and Pikachu snuggle together leaving him comically frustrated and Pikachu's new Thunderbolt animation (which is pretty kick ass lookin).

There's definitely a lot of comical faces as well which I do worry that again they'll go too overboard with it.

Animation quality is looking pretty decent for the first few episodes and it's also been confirmed that Junichi Masuda is doing the ending theme too.

Alright, I watched the entire special (YouTube's translation captions were strange though) and I have to say I'm hyped.

I'm really glad they showed the past journeys, companions and Pokemon... that only adds to the fact that we will see them again in the future despite what some people against it say otherwise. If the past characters were not going to return then they had no reason to showcase that segment.
The animation and artstyle is looking slick and superb, the usage of pure 3D camera and lack of stock backgrounds or action lines (that for some reason SM decided to re-adopt when XY dropped them) ensures that this series has some of the best battle action. Here's hoping they keep this level of animation up instead of faltering like SM did.
As for the story, there's not much I can judge yet due to lack of information regarding how Ash will pursue his goal... so the only thing of interest to me there was the SS001 preview.

Alright, I watched the entire special (YouTube's translation captions were strange though) and I have to say I'm hyped.

I'm really glad they showed the past journeys, companions and Pokemon... that only adds to the fact that we will see them again in the future despite what some people against it say otherwise. If the past characters were not going to return then they had no reason to showcase that segment.
The animation and artstyle is looking slick and superb, the usage of pure 3D camera and lack of stock backgrounds or action lines (that for some reason SM decided to re-adopt when XY dropped them) ensures that this series has some of the best battle action. Here's hoping they keep this level of animation up instead of faltering like SM did.
As for the story, there's not much I can judge yet due to lack of information regarding how Ash will pursue his goal... so the only thing of interest to me there was the SS001 preview.

I've understood that the "Road to Kalos" special also shown segments of all the past companions.

I wouldn't say old companions returning was a thing in XY, right?

Last edited:
I've understood that the "Road to Kalos" special also shown segments of all the past companions.

I wouldn't say old companions returning was a thing in XY, right?
True, but remember, XY was set entirely and Kalos and it was somewhat farfetched to think some past companions would show up back then and there.

On the other had, in SM they went out of their way to have Misty and Brock appear in those two segments which means they're willing to experiment around with past characters (and it worked positively). This new series is set in all the regions, and judging by the episodic structure, it would mean that they can go to almost any place at any time. It would be stupid of them to try hard and avoid past characters in this series.

Last edited:
True, but remember, XY was set entirely and Kalos and it was somewhat farfetched to think some past companions would show up back then and there.

On the other had, in SM they went out of their way to have Misty and Brock appear in those two segments which means they're willing to experiment around with past characters (and it worked positively). This new series is set in all the regions, and judging by the episodic structure, it would mean that they can go to almost any place at any time. It would be stupid of them to try hard and avoid past characters in this series.

My only point is that the segments of old companions in this special are not proof of anything.

Old companions may appear. Maybe not. We will see.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom