• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Let’s make up better Dub titles!

I think this is a lovely idea for a thread.

I have three so far:

BW016

Rematch at the Nacrene Gym! -> Cool Your Aqua Jets!

Oshawott and Tepig were both the stars of this episode, with each of them learning a brand new move. While Tepig was the one to secure victory regarding the Basic Badge, Oshawott's own defeat of Watchog was no less important. Given the amount of focus Aqua Jet got in the episode, for better or worse, I felt this could be an appropriate and engaging punny title.

BW018

Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest! -> The Bug Type's Always Greener!

Cliche as the idiom has already been referenced, but the anime has utilized puns several times before across sagas so I find it acceptable. It's also unique in the sense that Sewaddle is both a Bug and Grass type, alongside being primarily green in color.

BW031

Ash and Trip's Third Battle! -> A Trip Down Rival Lane!

Another bland title that follows the Japanese format, I figured we could be punny here with both an idiom and play on Trip's name. It more or less gives the user an idea of the episode (something involving Trip and Ash) without saying it directly.

There used to be a thread here that would predict dub titles, the one I'm proudest of still is "What's Past is Pastoria" for the Pastoria Gym battle in Diamond & Pearl.

If I could get a job exclusively coming up with these I'd do it in a heartbeat. Some of the TPCI titles are really scraping the barrel (admittedly, 4Kids used most of the "good" ones, although you get the sense they ran out of ideas pretty quickly as well).

There used to be a thread here that would predict dub titles, the one I'm proudest of still is "What's Past is Pastoria" for the Pastoria Gym battle in Diamond & Pearl.

If I could get a job exclusively coming up with these I'd do it in a heartbeat. Some of the TPCI titles are really scraping the barrel (admittedly, 4Kids used most of the "good" ones, although you get the sense they ran out of ideas pretty quickly as well).
I don’t understand why you use this….I never watched this episode

Will do Journeys and Sun & Moon for now, the other series maybe other day. Some of these may sound bad but I think even that ones are better than the real ones.
  • JN001: The start of Pikachu's journey!
  • JN004: A thief in the Galar Region!
  • JN005: A gigantic problem!
  • JN012: Champion of the Coronation!
  • JN026: Splash to the heavens!/ Confused to the ground!
  • JN027: Legends of Galarian heroes!
  • JN030: Homeless Pikachu!
  • JN035: A cute Pika-research!
  • JN037: Alola, Ash and Goh!
  • JN044: Sword and Shield: The eternal plan!
  • JN045: Battling and Catching in Cero Island!
  • JN048: Practically struck together!
  • JN053: Goh and the lake guardian!
  • JN054: Mission Impo-sobble!
  • JN062: Growing pains!
  • JN065: Dragonite's Best Wishes!
  • JN066: The White Flower of Hope!
  • JN068: Handing Over my Old Rival!
  • JN074: Midsummer Nightmare!
  • JN088: Deep Sea Diving Research!

• SM005: Popplio's giant bubble!
  • SM015: Rockruff's big night!
  • SM029: Terror camp with Morelull?
  • SM030: Switching for the weekend!
  • SM040: The circus and the secret treasure!
  • SM046: A Paradise of transformations!
  • SM065: Eevee and the overachiever!
  • SM073: Team Rocket's Big Trial!
  • SM076: A battle of grudge!
  • SM079: A sad memory from beyond the stars!
  • SM097: Swallowing a sleeper spirit! (Alliteration not intended)
  • SM109: The Birth of an Island Queen!
  • SM112: Rowlet's new role!
Was honestly expecting more lol. It proves title quality has been very bad recently.

Will do Journeys and Sun & Moon for now, the other series maybe other day. Some of these may sound bad but I think even that ones are better than the real ones.
  • JN001: The start of Pikachu's journey!
  • JN004: A thief in the Galar Region!
  • JN005: A gigantic problem!
  • JN012: Champion of the Coronation!
  • JN026: Splash to the heavens!/ Confused to the ground!
  • JN027: Legends of Galarian heroes!
  • JN030: Homeless Pikachu!
  • JN035: A cute Pika-research!
  • JN037: Alola, Ash and Goh!
  • JN044: Sword and Shield: The eternal plan!
  • JN045: Battling and Catching in Cero Island!
  • JN048: Practically struck together!
  • JN053: Goh and the lake guardian!
  • JN054: Mission Impo-sobble!
  • JN062: Growing pains!
  • JN065: Dragonite's Best Wishes!
  • JN066: The White Flower of Hope!
  • JN068: Handing Over my Old Rival!
  • JN074: Midsummer Nightmare!
  • JN088: Deep Sea Diving Research!

• SM005: Popplio's giant bubble!
  • SM015: Rockruff's big night!
  • SM029: Terror camp with Morelull?
  • SM030: Switching for the weekend!
  • SM040: The circus and the secret treasure!
  • SM046: A Paradise of transformations!
  • SM065: Eevee and the overachiever!
  • SM073: Team Rocket's Big Trial!
  • SM076: A battle of grudge!
  • SM079: A sad memory from beyond the stars!
  • SM097: Swallowing a sleeper spirit! (Alliteration not intended)
  • SM109: The Birth of an Island Queen!
  • SM112: Rowlet's new role!
Was honestly expecting more lol. It proves title quality has been very bad recently.
I love the JN 05,12 and 65 ones! TPCI hire him now!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom