• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Let's Play Zoo Tycoon 2! Starring Kung Fu Ferret! Yay!

What should my next zoo be based on?

• Normal Zoo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Extinct stuff

• Aquarium

• EVERYTHING!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him

Entrance v1
Notes: Cambridge Zoo is a zoo I am building in Zoo Tycoon 2, hypothetically on the outskirts of Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Keep in mind that I'm trying to go for semi-realism. This zoo will start out with animals that are less exciting, because no modern zoo realistically starts out with African bush elephants and Siberian tigers right off the bat! If you have any requests for animals later on, I'll let you know whether or not said species is a possibility! I'll try to come up with a better backstory later!

Our zoo will start out with eight species:
Black Swan, Moose, Dromedary Camel, Border Leicester Sheep, Red Fox, Wild Turkey, Raccoon, Shetland Pony. (keep in mind that I will post a maximum of three exhibits per post, excluding this one, because it's late at night when I'm posting this, but I'll work on exhibits in my spare time!)

Last edited:

A pond for our Black Swans!

Raccoons!

And our Moose!
Now taking requests! I'll get to them when I can!

Animals that have been requested: American Alligator, Axolotl, Western Lowland Gorilla, Red Panda, Komodo Dragon

Last edited:

A sneak peak of our reptile house!

Reptile House Inhabitants (part 1)

Leopard Gecko, Prairie Rattlesnake, Ring-Necked Spitting Cobra, American Alligator and MORE to be revealed SOON!

Reptile House part 2!

Veiled Chameleons and Red-Tailed Boas!

African Spurred Tortoises!

Nile Crocodiles!

And last but not least (for our reptile house)....

Komodo Dragons!

Playground and an exhibit featuring red pandas and Reeve's Muntjacs

a small food court next to the red foxes

3 new themed areas coming!
Safari, Tundra, and Jungle, all under construction now!

I'm in the mood for riddles, so guess what animal this riddle below is about and my next post will be that animal!

The king of my domain. I don't need a mane.
I have big paws, but they won't be of much help if all the ice thaws.

Starting that new map! Here's a species list! (in no particular order)

red kangaroo, American black bear, bighorn sheep, greater flamingo, serval, common hippopotamus, eastern timber wolf, Nile crocodile, alligator snapping Turtle, Thomson's gazelle, Eurasian eagle owl, black swan, bat-eared fox, California Sea Lion, Blue Wildebeest, Rhesus Macaque, Veiled Chameleon, Raccoon, Spotted Hyena, Kenya Crested Guinea Fowl, ring tailed lemur, Scarlet macaw, giant otter, red fox, pygmy goat, koala, red panda, African penguin, red-eyed tree frog, lanner falcon, red-tailed boa, leopard gecko, African spurred tortoise, Crested Porcupine, meerkat, California condor, Chinese goose, tiger salamander, Squirrel Monkey, African painted dog, black rhinoceros, Siberian tiger, Brazilian porcupine, Leopard tortoise, Coquerel's Sifaka, Northern tamandua

EDIT: I'm fiddling with the entrance right now

Last edited:
Each area I plan on making will be its own large map, because I put literally everything onto one, it wouldn't fit and/or the game would totally crash.

I also will add some surprise animals that are not listed above!

Sorry, this whole thing fell under my radar!

However,
I am working on a new-ish project for a ZT2 Discord server, and I'd thought I'd share my pics from there!

This particular server focuses on users making start-up zoos and/or aquariums with realistic species to start out with, and you can "trade" animals with other members (for those who know Planet Zoo's franchise mode, it's *kinda*like that). Also, by "realistic" species to start out with, that means not going straight for the huge crowd-pleasers, such as tigers and gorillas, from the get-go.

I already have a pre-existing zoo on there, but this NEW zoo will be freshly built!
This zoo is called The Wild Ranch, and is hypothetically set in the state of Idaho. Fun fact: The reasons I chose Idaho are: 1. It's a big state with not a lot of zoos in real-life. 2. That's where Napoleon Dynamite was filmed and I frickin' love that movie. (and no, Ligers will not be in this zoo because there is no conservation value in breeding hybrid animals such as ligers whatsoever).

Stay tuned!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom