• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Let's talk something About GEN-VII

Keshav

Reaction score
Rumors are there about GEN-VII and the according to an interview between the creators of Pokemon , it is leaked that they are planning for a GEN-VII , which increases the chances that Ash is gonna lose the Kalos league....
Some people are calling GEN-VII as 'Pokemon Plus and minus' ,i think it is FAKE as Pokemon XY might be the conclusion of the series or atleast Ash's story tho

what are your opinions about GEN-VII? share here with us!

Before we get carried away, I think we could use a source on the creator interview.

I don't understand what this has to do with anything. Besides, Ash winning the Orange Island league didn't stop Johto from happening.

I don't understand what this has to do with anything. Besides, Ash winning the Orange Island league didn't stop Johto from happening.

While I do agree that gen 7 itself will not prevent ash from winning the kalos league, your comparison is imperfect. The orange island league was nowhere near the same level as any of the regional leagues. OI was a mere four badges, then strait to the champion, while the regional leagues are eight badges, then the actual leagues themselves, which consist of some 200 other equally qualified trainers all vying for the same goal.

While I do agree that gen 7 itself will not prevent ash from winning the kalos league, your comparison is imperfect. The orange island league was nowhere near the same level as any of the regional leagues. OI was a mere four badges, then strait to the champion, while the regional leagues are eight badges, then the actual leagues themselves, which consist of some 200 other equally qualified trainers all vying for the same goal.

I know, but the fact remains he still continued.

There are always rumors about "new Pokémon games" or "new Pokémon generations" during these drought years (years without any main series games coming out). I wouldn't put too much stock into anything "game-related" until the next game is officially announced by Nintendo, Game Freak, or The Pokémon Company.

which increases the chances that Ash is gonna lose the Kalos league....

This is going to happen regardless of when the next games will be out imo. I'm not buying this "leak" though until I see receipts. :s

it is leaked that they are planning for a GEN-VII

Of course they're planning for a 7th generation, they always plan for the next generation, generations don't just magically come out of nowhere.

THAT being said, not sure if it was real or not but I believe there was some interview with Ken Sugimori who said that 7th generation was going to be simplified, going back to the roots, moves being removed from the game, very little new Pokemon. But it's possible that was fake.

Pokemon XY might be the conclusion of the series or atleast Ash's story

That's never going to happen, since the anime follows the status quo very seriously. Chances are, by the 50th aniversery, Ash will still be the protagonist (and ten years old), Pikachu will still be his only true companion, and Team Rocket will still be following them, with their plots no closer to completion then they are today. It would be hilarious if Ash visits his former companions (VERY UNLIKELY) and discovers that they've all middle-aged with children of their own, while he himself never aged a bit.

THAT being said, not sure if it was real or not but I believe there was some interview with Ken Sugimori who said that 7th generation was going to be simplified, going back to the roots, moves being removed from the game, very little new Pokemon. But it's possible that was fake.

I think it's fake. There are many nostalgic and trollish fans out there who'd fake interviews to make it look like they'll reconsider Gold and Silver onwards, and pretend only Red, Blue and Yellow are the true games. (This is speaking from someone who had to endure the anti-Skylanders backlash and bullying back in 2011).

dman_dustin said:

There was an interview where, at the very tail end of it, he said that it would be nice if Generation VII was simpler. But that's all he said about it.

All the "going back to the roots, moves being removed from the game, very little new Pokemon" stuff comes from English-speaking fans reading the additional comments a blogger made and misinterpreting those as actually being from the interview itself. But he never said any of that.

dman_dustin said:

There was an interview where, at the very tail end of it, he said that it would be nice if Generation VII was simpler. But that's all he said about it.

All the "going back to the roots, moves being removed from the game, very little new Pokemon" stuff comes from English-speaking fans reading the additional comments a blogger made and misinterpreting those as actually being from the interview itself. But he never said any of that.

Okay, I had thought it was fake, I just wasn't entirely sure. It was at least a few years ago when I heard it, so I don't remember if someone outright said it was fake, or it was fake since it wasn't being associated with, but thank you for the information.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom