• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Level 100

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever got a Pokémon up to level 100 in the games?

If so, how did you do it?

I've got a few in Emerald. I managed to do it by swapping records (and thus bases) with my Ruby and Sapphire, giving me some high-level Pokemon to face for experience. I've also traded a bunch of Pokemon to Emerald, and thanks to XD, I have the Lucky Egg, so it's like an experience feast on my Emerald. And there's the Elite 4 to give me that extra boost.

I've got...I don't know...a few. I trained a team for Colosseum's battles, and additional had 2 raised by sheer tenacity in Sapphire. In the end I'd say, oh...hm...10.

I battled the elite four on ruby and firered a alot but what I would do if you all ready have a lv100 you use a exp share on the pokemon you want to train. I got about 11 by the way.

Only 1, I got my Charizard to level 100 in Yellow, damn it was hard, I just fought the Elite Four over and over.

CHeers Liam

Day Care Center till lv40 or so (doing the thing in the desert)
EV training
Normal training (different ID and Lucky Egg bonus --> x2.25)
Rare Candies from lv80 (Pickup makes it faster than training, sometimes xD)

Pkmn lv100? Not many xD

I've managed to raise three Pokémon up to level, without any Rare Candies or any type of cheating device (not that I use them anyway ^^).

And they are...
Typhlosion on Silver
Blaziken on Ruby
Linoone on Ruby

When I want to raise my Pokémon I typically trade them to another version (preferably one with the Elite 4 defeated), and get the boosted experience.

I think i've only made it to level 100 on Crystal with some of my Dragons
but some how i just never make it to 100 but i always try to keep my boys at an equal levels as im doing right now!

Just the one - my Torkoal on Ruby. I didn't do anything special, just beat the Elite 4 over and over.

I remember when I got my first pokemon at level 100 as if it was yesterday.
I was playing with Machoke at Pokemon Gold(very old game, trully a great one), and i wanted to evolve it during the travel on sea between two towns(at that time i didn't know that it only evolves by trade)..and so i continue on with the thought that it will soon evolve. Then, it got to level 100 and stoped training it because it was in vain--I think I stayed almost a month trying that pokemon to reach level 100..
In the last games (R/S/E) I use often the EXP. Share on my gold Mightyena(shiny) and battled with Flygon mostly on Victory Road--although it is kinda tiring, i get faster level-ups this way.

I have a decent number of pokes at level 100 in both my Gold and Ruby games. In Gold I used to train with the League, the Viridian City battle thing and Red. In Ruby I tend to fight in the secret bases that have level 100 Pokémon and sometimes in the League.

GrnMarvl13 said:
I've got a few in Emerald. I managed to do it by swapping records (and thus bases) with my Ruby and Sapphire, giving me some high-level Pokemon to face for experience. I've also traded a bunch of Pokemon to Emerald, and thanks to XD, I have the Lucky Egg, so it's like an experience feast on my Emerald. And there's the Elite 4 to give me that extra boost.

Where do you get the Lucky Egg? The Shadow Chansey I caught had a Lucky Punch.

I did have a level 100 Blastoise in my Leaf Green game, but a friend of my cousin started the game over from the beginning(without asking) and erased my data! Gah!:banghead:

I can't remember the exact chain of events required, but after beating the game you'll go on a quest to restore the voices of various Pokemon. Once you've completed that, you're rewarded with the Lucky Egg (I didn't even realize that I was doing the Lucky Egg quest until I actually got the Egg).

lv 100 pokemon

I got 113 pokemon total to 100
RBY:
G/S:
crystal:
R/S:
FR/LG:
E:

I used...11 rare candies total and beat the elite four a million times

Last edited:
I had a level 100 feraligatr that I obsessed with. I got it there by being hard-headed and using it for every single battle. Can't recall how many rare candies I ever used, I think less than 10. I trying to get a venusaur to 100 now in LG. I recntly erased the file the 100 was one (and forever screwing up my silver version) by accidently dropping it, if only for a second, in some water.

In my old Crystal game I got a few Pokemon up to Lv100. Nowadays I find that rather tedious and use the good ol' cheat device. =P

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom