• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh LGPE Features Discussion Thread

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
You can use this thread to discuss what features from Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee will be used in Sword and Shield.

The female PC was tiptoeing in a grass area, so I think there might be a mix of features where pokemon appears in the overworld and something similar to the Dex Nav.

Well it would appear, on the contrary, Pokemon aren't appearing in the overworld since we didn't see any when the PC was in the grass. But I could see something like DexNav coming back~

As for LGPE features...well, nothing really in particular I can see them bringing over from LG~ The games are meant to have different kind of appeals. Sword and Shield will likely just be taking from former standard Main Series titles~

The overworld visible encounters are what I want returning, plus on-the-air customizable nicknames (no more Name Raters in Sword and Shield, please, or I won't buy the games). Plus some Pokémon should follow you overworld, given Switch's graphic abilities. (The random encounters are just a work-in-progress)

The wild battles are okay, but catching Pokémon shouldn't be always "one-click-throw" or it's boring after all.

Since these games were developed alongside LGPE, GameFreak were probably waiting for LGPE’s reception to see how to take those features forward and which ones to move to the main series or even continue with Let’s Go or not...

So I can see this game being devoid of almost all Let’s Go features with the fan favourite ones being used in DPPt remakes and the games after that.
At least following Pokemon are bound to be in Gen 4 remakes due to Amity Square.

Maybe the Dex Nav wouldn't come back. Maybe the players could just tip toe because they feel like it. But I hope the catching mechanic from Let's Go doesn't return. Actually, maybe it should return and replace that frustrating luck mechanic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed they're still using the GO type symbols.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom