• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers LGPE's New Pokémon Discussion Thread

What's will LGPE's new Pokémon be?

• Gorochu

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • New Eeveelution

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Non-Mythical Next Gen Pokémon (think Lucario or Zoroark)

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Final Gen VII Mythical

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Missingno.

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They do appear to have a new form. By merging it seems.
I actually got the impression that it was by absorbing lots of metal? The shadow at the end still has just the one hexnut for a head, and there doesn't seem to be any more on the body.

EDIT: Oh, but I missed the part of the site that mentioned getting multiple Meltan from GO, that's definitely looking like merging...

Last edited:
Meltan is absolutely adorable, and the recent videos have confirmed that. I wasn't too excited about its design at first, but the more I watch it i action, the more I love it. I also love the way they are introducing it to us, through Pokemon Go. It was so awesome going around after the Chikorita event and seeing these little guys everywhere.

I personally want Meltan to have some sort of connection to the Kanto Gym Badges. For example, maybe the Gym Badges were created from the same material Meltan is made of, with the different Gym Badges giving Meltan different formes. Or perhaps Meltan placed a "curse" on those who trade their Pokémon with disobedience, facilitating the need to create and obtain Gym Badges to circumvent this "curse" (it's the Hex Nut Pokémon for a reason). Hell, it could even be both at the same time!

I just have a feeling that Meltan's existence in ancient times is somehow connected to the way things are done in the present of the Kanto region.

Nice stuff there you got. Could solve some problems with typing.
What a pitty that it's evo is pure steel bc halloween is coming and stee/ghost would have been perfect.
I hope it gets motor drive or a new ability that allows it to absorb/immune those steel type attacks taking it's dex entry for sure this time.

I also hope it had a good ability (and stat distribution). Too bad we probably won't know it's ability for another year. :/

the dex entry maybe be really a hint this time?
electric and steel immunity?
two abilities or one? like motor drive or volt aborb for electric as maybe first ability?
and a new ability making it immune to steel and maybe getting hp back like a Water Absorb version (Steel Absorb)???

Last edited:
Okay, so we now know that Meltan can evolve into Melmetal. Given that it was worshipped because it could create metal, could this Mythical be responsible for the Kanto Gym Badges or at least Kanto’s heavy urbanization in comparison to other regions having more traditional elements than it?

What a pitty that it's evo is pure steel bc halloween is coming and stee/ghost would have been perfect.
LGPE isn't going to be released until November, though. It'd be strange to base a Pokemon's typing just on what month it was announced in.
and a new ability making it immune to steel and maybe getting hp back like a Water Absorb version (Steel Absorb)???
That would be very interesting, and would fit great with its lore.

LGPE isn't going to be released until November, though. It'd be strange to base a Pokemon's typing just on what month it was announced in.

That would be very interesting, and would fit great with its lore.

some want it to take also hp when by having physical contact with a other steel type pokemon, but then some other abilities would need a similar buff in that case.

Aw, what? It makes sense, but Magnet Pull? And Iron Fist is gonna depend heavily on the moveset of Meltitan. (I'm still sticking with that name, it's way cooler) If it has a bunch of punching moves, sure, it could be useful, but if it's just the sig move, then they might as well have just increased the base power and given it a better ability.

(also, if Game Freak still included the code for abilities, why the heck didn't they use them?)

They didn't want to use them, but didn't bother removing them entirely. Exporting the code from the 3DS games isn't hard.

Did you really think they didn't make a conscious choice to exclude abilities from gameplay? The coding is irrelevant.
I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is that having abilities in the code at all and leaving them unused only makes their decision worse.

I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is that having abilities in the code at all and leaving them unused only makes their decision worse.
Well, they're probably reusing old assets for Pokemon, which include the abilities. It'd probably be more work to code Pokemon without them at this point. And what does it matter? We, the user/consumer, are not intended to see how it is coded. That's behind-the-scenes stuff.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom