• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers LGPE's New Pokémon Discussion Thread

What's will LGPE's new Pokémon be?

• Gorochu

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • New Eeveelution

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Non-Mythical Next Gen Pokémon (think Lucario or Zoroark)

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Final Gen VII Mythical

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Missingno.

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My Crazy LGPE Mystery Pokémon Idea
  • Say, I just had a crazy idea of something regarding the potential new Pokémon. I wouldn’t count on my idea coming true, but I figured there’s no harm in sharing.

You know how there’s been speculation about the new critter being related to either Pikachu or Eevee, with a few suggesting some sort of hybrid relating to/connecting both of them? Well, I’m about to throw my own hat into the ring with a twist on these things:

What if the new Pokémon is something unrelated to Pikachu and Eevee evolution-wise, but still keeps the spirit of what made each of them popular? In layman’s term, I’m suggesting that we could be getting a Pikaclone that shares Eevee’s gimmick of having various evolutions using all of the evolutionary stones presumably available in LGPE.

Before I explain further, let me get three things out of the way:
    1. Regarding the argument of “it’s going to be a Mythical so it can’t evolve,” keep in mind that we now have evolving legendary Pokémon in the form of the Cosmog family (and arguably Type: Null into Silvally).
    2. I’m including the Ice Stone in my example due to the confirmation of Alolan Forms being in LGPE. They kind of have to be in order to evolve both Alolan Sandshrew into Alolan Sandslash and Alolan Vulpix into Alolan Ninetales. Granted, they could potentially leave out the Ice Stone for the sake of keeping things closer to Yellow and/or keep the evolved form exclusive to Pokémon GO to encourage using GO Park. However I don’t think Game Freak would/should risk that given the amount of backlash they’ve been getting about not allowing cross-generation evolution (doing this to Raichu, Exeggutor, and Marowak is far more understandable since their evolution gimmick isn’t tied to an item).
    3. For those of you who are wondering about there only being a listing for 808 Pokémon in Pokémon Quest, are we sure that isn’t just a placeholder for Hoopa Unbound (as it has been secretly used an extra slot to accommodate having more than one species listing in the Pokédex)? For all we know this new Pokémon might not have been originally planned for Quest. Also, there’s a possibility that Game Freak could update the amount of Pokémon available in the future, patching in new slots depending on when Game Freak decides to add more Pokémon to the National Pokédex.

For the sake of identification and simplicity, the stages of this hypothetical evolutionary line will be called Eeveechu for the base stage and Eonchu for the subsequent branched evolutions (which could go the way of Lycanroc or be counted as multiple different species depending on what Game Freak feels like doing.

Here’s how this concept would work: we’d start with Eeveechu having a Normal/Electric dual typing. Depending on the evolutionary stone used on it, it will evolve into one of several Eonchu.
    Eeveechu + Moon Stone Fairy/Electric Eonchu
    Eeveechu + Fire Stone Fire/Electric Eonchu
    Eeveechu + Thunder Stone pure Electric-type Eonchu
    Eeveechu + Water Stone Water/Electric Eonchu
    Eeveechu + Ice Stone Ice/Electric Eonchu

There may or not be more Eonchu species/forms for the other evolutionary stone, but they obviously wouldn’t be present in LGPE since none of the original 151 use those stones to evolve. I’m also not sure what abilities they’d give Eeveechu or the different Eonchu species/forms but that doesn’t matter right now since LGPE lack abilities to begin with.

So, what do you guys think?

Thread's Opening Post
  • Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
    Reaction score
    Since no one has made a thread for this yet, I figured I'd go ahead and start it off. As the title blatantly states, what do you think/ /the special "never seen before" Pokémon will turn out to be?

Will it be:
    • Gorochu?
    • A new Eeveelution?
    • A Gen VIII Pokémon in the vain of Lucario/Zoroark?
    • The final Gen VII Mythical (counted as such only due to Gen VIII not yet being released)?
    • Missingno.?
    • Or something else (please specify)?
    The poll I have up gives you three choices to pick from, and you can always change your mind later. I look forward to discussing this with all of you! :)

EDIT: This thread is now re-purposed to discuss the new Gen VII mythical that has just been revealed! The poll is now set to close on 9/25/2018 at 10:14 pm.

Last edited:
    "Special" Pokémon Designation
  • Someone in another thread pointed out that they refer to it as a "Special Pokemon," which is the term for the end boss Pokemon (Mewtwo, Zygarde, most box legends). It's not guaranteed to be that, but that's my current guess. The Lugia to Mewtwo's Ho-oh.

Mew/Mewtwo Relative
  • I think it’ll either be something related to Mew and Mewtwo, or a new standalone Pokémon; essentially just another Mythical.

Secondary Megas for Venusaur and Blastoise
  • maybe new secondary mega forms for Blastoise and Venusaur?
    They could have found the mega stones for them.

- mega , primal or ancient mew form?

- hmmm, maybe a seperate way to evolve pikachu? Gorochu could be a branch evolution line to Raichu? If Alolan raichu is psychic then they could say why actually?
    electric/dark or electricfighting? dark would fit it.

- new eveelution is very posibble but also branch evolutions for other pokemon?

Last edited:
    Mewtwo's Father as a Separate Species from Mew
  • Definitely not Gorochu or an Eeveelution; they are not going to ignore the mascots like that. It isn't a form, either. And if it's a beta Pokemon, there should be a good reason for using it over the others.

My guess is that it will be the Guyanese legendary that impregnated Mew. No ever talks about it, but it must exist.

Last edited:
    Mewthree Idea
  • If the starter Pikachu and Eevee can't evolve, then I highly doubt it's going to be related to either of them. Also, I don't think they're bringing back any scrapped Pokemon. Probably.

...My husband did have a rather amusing suggestion though. Mewthree. Ah, I would laugh so hard if that was true. I can also see them doing that, if I'm honest. Imagine the reactions echoing across the internet and all of the Kanto nostalgia it'd drudge up.

But I think it's just going to be the final Gen VII event Pokemon (which I really am not a fan of) or perhaps we'll get lucky and it'll be the next Zoroark/Lucario. Of course, it could be anything, so I'm not 100% on any of this.

Last edited:
    Missingno. being Connected to Mewtwo and Co-Starring in Remake of First Movie
  • Updated predictions/wishes:

1. It's Missingno. (with various forms), which is another creation of the Pokemon Lab.
    2. It befriended Mewtwo during the experiments and fled to Cinnabar Volcano when Mewtwo escaped.
    3. Unlike Mewtwo, its powers vary greatly. It fears the outside world, including Pokemon, because it views itself as weak.
    4. In the original canon(s), it ended up causing the eruption of the volcano. In the new canon, it will be caught before that can happen.
    5. Unlocking its event may require Mewtwo to get it to appear. Blaine and Fuji may be involved.
    6. It will star alongside Mewtwo in the movie, perhaps instead of Mew.

Back
    Top Bottom