• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Liberty Pass event announced for PAL regions: Distribution to begin March 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Liberty Pass event announced for North America and PAL regions: Distribution to b

Everyone's a hypocrite; it's called life. Still, I see no denial that this was a wrong conclusion to jump to; considering that we haven't had an international Gen V event yet.

I agree; I wasn't thinking of the Generation difference.

However, thinking of it, the games are off of the same base, seeing as the DP logos are still in-coding placeholders for the title screen.

It's definite that Australia/New Zealand will get it if it's region locked due to the fact that we use PAL here too.

It's definite that Australia/New Zealand will get it if it's region locked due to the fact that we use PAL here too.

For the purpose of articles like this, PAL is usually just taken to mean Europe and is simply a holdover from the olden days of gaming; and television in general. In reality, the DS isn't PAL or NTSC. France technically used SECAM, but it's covered under "PAL" in this usage all the same.

I'm pretty sure that in terms of DSi region-locking, Australia & New Zealand are in their own region:

http://i42.tinypic.com/24359id.jpg

So if Gen V somehow includes new measures to discriminate based on region, I guess that would mean a third English server is required. :rolleyes:

For the purpose of articles like this, PAL is usually just taken to mean Europe and is simply a holdover from the olden days of gaming; and television in general. In reality, the DS isn't PAL or NTSC. France technically used SECAM, but it's covered under "PAL" in this usage all the same.

I'm pretty sure that in terms of DSi region-locking, Australia & New Zealand are in their own region:

http://i42.tinypic.com/24359id.jpg

So if Gen V somehow includes new measures to discriminate based on region, I guess that would mean a third English server is required. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah...

And the games are also usually just american ones...

But I guess that'll change with BW.

Well, the region-locking chip (or whatever form that particular component takes) in the cartridge will be different. That doesn't mean the actual game code will be any different than any of the other English regions, though. I suspect they'll all be the same again like in Gen IV, but we'll need to wait and see.

U.S distribution will inevitably be GameStop/Toys R' Us giveaways.

Interesting. I guess they printed that on the DSi's box to prevent importing (though why anyone would import a game from Europe at those outrageous prices is beyond me, lol).

And, since was there any mention of this being a European distribution? All that was confirmed was UK. They might do different servers for European countries, too; it's a new generation, remember. :p

The UK isn't the only country in Europe that gets Pokemon games released in English... Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Greece, Finland, and so on. While history has proven that when one language in Europe gets a Wi-Fi event, so do the others, I think more than enough European countries have English games so as to render this event not exclusive to the UK even on the off-chance the remaining four languages don't get the event until later.

Do I think it's likely to be only English? Not a chance.

The UK isn't the only country in Europe that gets Pokemon games released in English... Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Greece, Finland, and so on. While history has proven that when one language in Europe gets a Wi-Fi event, so do the others, I think more than enough European countries have English games so as to render this event not exclusive to the UK even on the off-chance the remaining four languages don't get the event until later.

Do I think it's likely to be only English? Not a chance.

I'm not saying that it's not unlikely, just that only UK is confirmed. *cough*HeySerebii*cough*

Will those in America be able to get the tickets over this wifi? I heard it was possible. If the US starts making these events Toys R Us/GameStop only, I'm going to be pretty angry...

Will those in America be able to get the tickets over this wifi? I heard it was possible. If the US starts making these events Toys R Us/GameStop only, I'm going to be pretty angry...

99.983% chance.

(btw, that percentage was calculated by a team of highly educated alpacas.)

Yeah me too, I liked it with wi fi events. Like Darkrai and Shaymin were

Well, whatever they decide to do, and no matter what happens, the people who don't get this Victiny, There will be a second chance, with the Movie Victiny coming.....sometime...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom