• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Liepard training

turtlekid

Reaction score
Alright so Playing my whiite version catching a bunch of solosis because I was going to IV/EV train a beast when when Blam!! Shiny Liepard I freaked out and caught it and made me happy. I want to Ev train this one I looked and here are his IV's if you are wondering
Hp-20-24
Attk-16-19 -10%
Def- 22-26
special attack- 20-23 +10%
special defense- 30
speed- 6-9
So what Iv's do you think I should add I was thinking special attack not too sure what else. Also what would be a movveset? This is what I am thinking thunderwave, nasty plot, sucker punch, and hyper beam. What do you think? Or got a good suggestion?

I believe it gets Dark Pulse as a move tutor move in B/W 2, so that may help if you wish to go along the Special Attacking route. I'm not sure how effective Sucker Punch will be without any attack investment though, as you'll be more than likely focusing on Speed and Special Attack?

Hmm, the problem here is that many of Liepard's best options are egg moves, most notably Encore (which is particularly good if your ability is Limber or Prankster). You can't breed for a specific Hidden Power, so Liepard's shallow special movepool is going to limit the effectiveness of a Nasty Plot set.
While it might seem a shame to waste that Modest nature, a more support oriented set utilising Taunt, U-turn and Foul Play might contribute more to the team overall. You could throw in a special attack of your choice or a status move like Thunder Wave in the last slot depending on what your team needs. Either way, you'll still have to wait until BW2 for Liepard's best moves to become available.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom