• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lillie and the Galar Region and other Companions

NeoMiniTails

A soldier of kindness
Reaction score
So I'm finally playing my Pokemon Moon game (I bought it when it came out but gave it to my nephew for awhile...)

Anyways, it made me wonder if Lillie will ask Ash if she could travel with him to the Galar Region. I know anime/game Lillie have very different storylines... But still... It had me wondering.

It would be nice to see Lillie develop into a greater trainer or find a dream of her own.

Also, I kinda wanna see how she'd look with different animation.

If you can choose any of Ash's companions to go with him to the Galar Region, who would it be? This can include characters from other regions.

There's nothing to suggest that Lillie might have any relevance in the new games, so I find it hard to believe that her chances of staying with Ash in the new saga are good since she'd have no legitimate reason to be in the Galar cast if she doesn't promote Shield/Sword somehow. And not to be rude, but every time a saga is about to end people make up any excuse to justify their favorite Pokegirl remaining in the cast in the next saga, so forgive me for not taking this suggestion too seriously.

Sorry to act like a serious amourshipper, but it would be a waste if they started a canon relationship ,then they just end it forever, so I want Serena to return as a main character and as a coordinator, but Lillie needs lot of reappearences because SM wasn't enough, so maybe she will travel with Ash to Galar, but stays with the professor in his lab

She can travel with him to Kanto, then leave him in the station to search out for her father, or something trivial like that.

There's nothing to suggest that Lillie might have any relevance in the new games, so I find it hard to believe that her chances of staying with Ash in the new saga are good since she'd have no legitimate reason to be in the Galar cast if she doesn't promote Shield/Sword somehow. And not to be rude, but every time a saga is about to end people make up any excuse to justify their favorite Pokegirl remaining in the cast in the next saga, so forgive me for not taking this suggestion too seriously.

Lillie isn't one of my favorite poke-girls so no offense taken.

I only ask this because in the game, when you're at Eggsecutor Island (probably spelled that wrong), Lillie says that she would love to travel with the main character to become stronger and learn... Or something of that nature.

I like Amourshipping, but the only thing canon about the coupling is that Serena admitted she likes him and that she wants to be a woman that he can love when she sees him again. Its cute, but its not canon.

Kasumi or Hikari are my two favorites that I would love for them to come back. Every time I see Kasumi in SM, it reminds me of what we are missing... And I love her more.

I would also like if Kiawe joined him on his next adventure or if we finally bring Shigeru back to the series...

Sorry to act like a serious amourshipper, but it would be a waste if they started a canon relationship ,then they just end it forever, so I want Serena to return as a main character and as a coordinator, but Lillie needs lot of reappearences because SM wasn't enough, so maybe she will travel with Ash to Galar, but stays with the professor in his lab

I don't think that they started a canon relationship per say. Serena was able to make her feelings clear and I think that you could read into Ash's reaction to the kiss that he also had feelings for her, but that isn't a relationship. That was a confession. They wouldn't bring Serena back just to be Ash's girlfriend. Aside from appealing to the fans of that pairing, I don't really see the benefit of Serena becoming a main character again. I wouldn't mind seeing her appear at some point, but I think she's better off just traveling on her own to work on her goal. Granted, I hate that she's using Contests as a training method for Showcases anyway, but I don't think that sticking with Ash would really help her either. If anything, it would weaken her choice to leave the group at the end of XY.

As for the topic itself, I don't know why Lillie would go to Galar. We don't know much about the games yet, so it might not be impossible for Lillie to show up in them, but I'd say it's pretty unlikely. It wouldn't even connect with the seventh generation games when Sun/Moon had her go off to Kanto instead and she stayed in Alola in US/UM. I'm also kind of confused as to why people keep saying that SM wasn't enough for Lillie. The cast being so large is probably a factor for that, but SM Lillie hasn't really suffered from a lack of screentime. While Lana has gotten more attention lately, Lillie had pretty consistent focus during the first year or so of the series and has the most character development within the cast. If anything, it seems like the writers weren't really sure on what to do with Lillie after they did a poor job, in my opinion at least, with adapting the Sun/Moon storyline climax and had her overcome her fear of Pokemon. She still had presence in the series, but there wasn't really a lot to do with Lillie when she didn't have a goal and didn't show interest in capturing more Pokemon.

I don't see how giving her another series would help. If they couldn't give Lillie enough screentime in over a hundred episodes, then giving her another hundred or so isn't going to change anything. They'd be better off just trying to give a new character that is more directly involved with Sword/Shield a chance to shine instead. Plus, it's just for the best to get a new cast with each series. It helps to give them a fresh start and a chance to do something different with the new characters. I still like the idea of characters returning for a couple of episodes or getting some specials. I'd love it if that doesn't become so rare after Misty and Brock's appearances in SM, but there's no need to force these characters back into the main cast. I can't really see why Lillie or any of the SM cast would leave Alola anyway.

Shigeru is most likely dead, probably killed himself because of the shame of his ass being kicked by Saturn. Even his grandfather don't mention him.

Last edited:
Her character is done and and I personally would dislike it having a character who already had a run, may it a good or bad one, to take the spot of the main heroine again instead of a new character with a new storyline, character development, a new goal etc. Another series with Lillie as the main heroine would be a waste.

And not only that but I feel her character became stale very quickly after the AF arc and the writer dragging her to the finish line of the SM anime.

Last edited:

I don't think we should count one-sided limerence as a canon relationship, though. Also, what would even be the point of Lillie following Ash to Galar if she would be stuck in some lab there? Might as well not have her in Galar at all if that would be her fate.

If Lillie was working as a lab assistant, it would make more sense for her to work with Professor Kukui instead of going all the way to Galar. Admittedly, she doesn't have a lot of interactions with Professor Kukui in the show, but she decided to stay at his house after the events of US/UM, so that would be a nice way to tie in that part of the game in the show. It would certainly make more sense than having Lillie travel to a far away region for what would basically be the same position.

I can see Lillie going with Satoshi to Kanto as a throwback to SM, then they separate and go to their own journeys.

She staying in the cast is possible, I guess, but not likely.

Nope, not happening. She's not in Sword & Shield (at least not that we know of), so she's not staying around. Remember: using characters for promotional purposes beats any other reason for keeping them around/bringing them back.
Maybe a guest stint, but that's not as certain as it once was.

Hell, poor kid's barely gotten to do crap since the Nihelgo arc (her attempt to use a Z-Move was the final slap in the face to her development, or lack thereof), so I can't see what the heck she could do in Galar that Scottish Girl or a Gym Leader girl could do as well or better...

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom