• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • IMPORTANT! Outside The Box as well as Entertainment Inc are going through a restructure Friday, July 3rd, 2020! Look here for more information
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Lillie's Magearna was a Shiny?

Reaction score
Up until now, Magearna never had a Shiny color scheme, but Pokemon Home finally gave it one.

It's completely grey, lacking the gold, white, and blue highlights that a regular Magearna has.

Just like Lillie's Magearna.

Guess this makes Lillie the second main character to own a Shiny, the first since Ash's Noctowl

Only puts shiny pokémon into HOME
Reaction score
Nonetheless do we officially count it as a shiny mon?

Bright Days
Reaction score
But given that it was meant to be a gift for her, doesn’t it technically belong to her?
It’s her Pokémon just as much as Togepi was Kasumi’s, heck even Iris’s Kibago was never shown to have a ball, same with Magearna. It’s her Pokémon and her father meant it as hers and it mirrors Gladion’s Zoroaster. It’s most likely not going anywhere either.

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
But given that it was meant to be a gift for her, doesn’t it technically belong to her?
It’s her Pokémon just as much as Togepi was Kasumi’s, heck even Iris’s Kibago was never shown to have a ball, same with Magearna. It’s her Pokémon and her father meant it as hers and it mirrors Gladion’s Zoroaster. It’s most likely not going anywhere either.
She's never claimed ownership of it, unlike Misty did with Togepi, Iris did with Axew, or Gladion did with Zoroark.

Reaction score
I'm confused as to why they gave a shiny to Magearna now (Serebii says it being a Pokedex Completion gift is a mistake) and I'm not sure if this resolves the plot holes caused if SM116 and M19 are both canon. But it's nice that they got inspiration from the anime for a shiny design, and also...Congratulations to Mohn for finding it, I guess.

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
I'm 99% sure Force Fire has agreed to it being Shiny. I'm just waiting for a verification to be 100% sure.

Reaction score
Eh, I'd care a lot more if Lillie was still around but I have no expectations of seeing her return even when Ash goes back to visit Alola so it's like whatever.