• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lillie's Speculative Pokemon Team [Kind of Spoiler]

Lillie's Starter

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Charmander

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Eevee

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Other

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

sc190191

more afraid of you
Reaction score
Hopefully this isn't too much of a spoiler, but don't read this is you haven't finished SM playthrough yet, but

since Lillie is going to Kanto to become a Pokemon trainer I thought it would be fun to talk about her starter and what Pokemon she might catch on a Kanto journey.

My team for Lillie:

Bulbasaur -> Venusaur
I think Lillie will start with Bulbasaur from Professor Oak, I also think that eventually she will become a strong trainer and fully evolve it (although I don't think she will get involved in mega evolution, since we haven't seen that in Kanto yet.

Caterpie -> Butterfree

Jigglypuff -> Wigglytuff

Eevee -> Vaporeon

Vulpix -> Ninetales (Fire type)

Mareep -> Ampharos
Although it can't be found in Kanto, this Pokemon can be caught in nearby Johto, and I think it would be a really great fit for her team. Lillie has shown an interest in ruins (although mainly because of Nebby, but still) so maybe she would visit the ruins on Alph and Mareep can be caught very close by.

I think it would be cool if Lillie is able to be battled in the future, and this is a team i think would fit her personality and appearance and be a fun (although not overly challenging) team to battle.

My Speculative Lillie team...

1. Pikachu > Raichu
(Lillie's Starter. I think it'll fully evolve on the course of the story)

2. Eevee > Kanto Eeveelution Depending on Player's starter
(Since Eeveelution generally suit Lillie...)

3. Kanto Vulpix > Ninetales
(Suits her, I guess? Would also reflect that she noticed different forms of Alolan Pokemon)

4. Horsea > Seadra > Kingdra
(Sort of suits her... would also make for some Johto representation)

5. Abra > Kadabra // Ghastly > Haunter
(Edited this one a bit(
I think she should get a mischivious Ghost or Psychic Pokemon after the whole Nebby thing. Not sure if they'll be fully evolving)

6. Clefairy > Clefable
(Well, a certain someone from game (not sure if the in-game teams count as spoilers, so I'll stay on the safe side and not mention who) owned it, so wynaut?)

Last edited:

1. Pikachu > Raichu

(Suits her, I guess? Would also reflect that she noticed different forms of Alolan Pokemon)

5. Abra > Kadabra
(I think that she should have a psychic type after the Nebby thing. I don't think she'll be fully evolving it, since she dosen't look like someone who'll trade her Pokemon)

6. Clefairy > Clefable
(Well, a certain someone from game (not sure if the in-game teams count as spoilers, so I'll stay on the safe side and not mention who) owned it, so wynaut?)

That's a Little optimistic. Usually Ash is the only one guaranteed to catch 6 pokemon. Secondary protagonists would be lucky if they got that much.

I see Vulpix and Clefa(iry) as the most likely pokemon for her team. And with Vulpix being the starter.

1. Eevee -> ???
2. Cleffa -> Clefairy -> Clefable
3. Vulpix -> Ninetales

As for the rest, I'm not too sure.

That's a Little optimistic. Usually Ash is the only one guaranteed to catch 6 pokemon. Secondary protagonists would be lucky if they got that much.

I see Vulpix and Clefa(iry) as the most likely pokemon for her team. And with Vulpix being the starter.

Are you confusing this with the anime? You mentioned Ash, so it seems like it.

We're not talking about anime-Lillie here, we're talking about game-Lillie.

1. Eevee -> ???
2. Cleffa -> Clefairy -> Clefable
3. Vulpix -> Ninetales

As for the rest, I'm not too sure.

Are you confusing this with the anime? You mentioned Ash, so it seems like it.

We're not talking about anime-Lillie here, we're talking about game-Lillie.

Oh. *facepalm* Well in that case, forget I said anything.

1. Pikachu > Raichu

5. Abra > Kadabra
(I think that she should have a psychic type after the Nebby thing. I don't think she'll be fully evolving it, since she dosen't look like someone who'll trade her Pokemon)

6. Clefairy > Clefable

If she won't trade-evolve her Kadabra, why would she have a Kingdra, which evolves by trading a Seadra holding a dragon scale?

6. Clefairy > Clefable

This is why I chose Jigglypuff, because its similar/still a good fit for her, but then not redundant to the certain someone you are mentioning.

Oh this sounds fun :)

Bulbasaur > Venusaur

Eevee > Espeon or Umbreon (because they are friendship evolutions, and her brother had Type:Null who evolves into Silvally with high friendship)

Horsea > Kingdra

Pikachu > Raichu (Kanto)

Jigglypuff > Wigglytuff (I really like that idea that she gets a cute pink Pokemon, similar to how her mom has Clefable)

Vulpix > Ninetales (Alolan. I know, I know, she's in Kanto. But a couple weeks ago I thought of this really cute little MoonxLillie idea where Moon catches an Alolan Vulpix and sends it to Lillie with a letter, and Lillie sends her a Kantosian Vulpix in return, and now I just want that to be a thing.)

Trading didn't stop Blue from getting an Alakazam or Silver from getting a Gengar. I don't see any reason Lillie couldn't get a Kingdra.

I feel like Eevee's her most likely starter-she's going to Kanto for Bill, not Professor Oak.

Definitely this. I'm going to jump into Kanto Sequels mode for this, so I assume that the evolution of her Eevee would be based on your Starter (Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle). Following from that:

- Flareon / Vaporeon / Jolteon
- Clefable
- Seaking / Raichu / Ninetales
- Marowak
- Blissey

And then I guess Dragonite, assuming they'd even give her six Pokémon... they seem quite allergic to doing that these days.

She'll go as close as possible to the PCs cuz love

I like the thought of her evolving an Eevee into one of its two friendship based evolutions, Espeon or Umbreon. There's no other ideas I have right now though.

Following from Sun: Espeon, Ninetales, Bellossom, Helioptile, Solrock, Lycanroc (Midday)

Following from Moon: Umbreon, Clefable, Vileplume, Nidoqueen, Lunatone, Lycanroc (Midnight)

Her starter, Eevee, should come from Bill. Rockruff should be a present from Kukui forwarded by Hau.

I guess that she'll still be associated with either Solgaleo or Lunala even in Stars depending on a choice by the player, so the theme for her team in hypothetical Kanto sequels would still work.

Last edited:
I'm betting a team of Eeveelutions.

(I have no logical basis for this other than they're cute and her interactions with Nebby makes me think she likes cute Pokemon, and even that is probably more fanfic than reality.)

First, wait she's becoming a trainer? I thought she was just going to Kanto to get stronger via other means... lol

Second, I'm not sure of her team, but I don't think she'll get either a starter or an Eevee. Her mother may be able to give her something, or maybe even Bill. Also, I feel like regular Vulpix should be on her team, simply to parallel the anime a bit.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom