• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GastlyGibus

World's worst critic
Reaction score
"So close no matter how far.
Couldn't be much more from the heart.
Forever trusting who we are,
and nothing else matters.

Never opened myself this way;
Life is ours, we live it our way.
All these words I don't just say,
and nothing else matters."

EDIT: The RP has started. I am no longer accepting sign-ups. Click here for the Start-Up thread. This thread will serve as a place for OOC discussions.

You picked up a pamphlet the other day. Looking it over, it appears to be an advertisement for a type of trainer's school.

Lilycove University: A place to grow!

Welcome, prospective student! Thank you for including Lilycove University amongst your considerations. We hope you will read over this pamphlet and see what makes Lilycove University one of the top rated schools in Hoenn!

About the School:

Lilycove University started off as a training program for new trainers who wanted a leg-up over their competition. Today, Lilycove University continues that tradition! Our school is located on the mountain side, just south of Lilycove City, offering a scenic view of the ocean and a close-connection to nature. There's something for everybody here at LU; we hope you join us to find your calling!

Lilycove University has a large campus with facilities to accommodate all types of students from all walks of life. Whether from Unova, Sinnoh, or even right here in Hoenn, students can feel at ease and at home here on our scenic campus!

Should you choose to join LU, student housing is included at no additional cost to you! Our student dorms are of the highest quality among similar schools; fully furnished, with all the necessities for living on campus.

A welcome from the Dean, Walter Harkens:

Good day, and thank you for including Lilycove University in your considerations. At LU, we are continuing our long-standing tradition of offering quality education and experiences that simply could not be found elsewhere. Whether you're a rookie or already a seasoned trainer, there's something for everyone here at the university. We hope that you make an informed decision, and wish you the best of luck in your education!

- Dean Harkens

Student Life:

Once your application is received and processed, you will be placed in one of our three student groups, as well as receive housing instructions and accessories to match your given group. Remember: the group you are placed in is not necessarily indicative of your strength or ability.

Lilycove University has three houses for students. The house you are placed in is final, and is left up to the university board's discretion.

Lumineon House: Represented by navy-blue and pink. Colloquially referred to as "Water House" as well. Lumineon students receive a navy-blue wristband with a light-blue "wing" pattern resembling the fins of a Lumineon, and a small badge resembling an ocean wave.

Ninetales House: Represented by orange and tan. Colloquially referred to as "Fire House" as well. Ninetales students receive an orange wristband with a tan "fan" pattern resembling the tails of a Ninetales, and a small badge resembling a burning flame.

Cacturne House: Represented by pale-green and forest green. Colloquially referred to as "Grass house" as well. Cacturne students receive a pale-green wristband with a forest green "diamond" pattern resembling the head of a Cacturne, and a small badge resembling a smooth leaf.

University Rules:

- Lilycove University adheres to the educational standards of all universities in Hoenn, as documented in Hoenn law. (Standard BMG forum rules apply)

- You are a student, here to learn! While we understand some students may excel in one location over other students, remember that we are all here for the same purpose. (No God-modding)

- Respect your fellow students, and treat them the way you yourself would want to be treated! (No bunnying)

- In dealing with any altercations in matters concerning the atmosphere of the school, Dean Harkens has the utmost authority and the final say in such situations. Likewise, school officials appointed by the Dean have the final authority as well. (Please respect the GM (that's me). I try to remain as unobtrusive as possible, but if things get heated, I will find a solution that hopefully benefits all parties involved.)

- While the university understands, and in a way, encourages students to form bonds with one another, we ask that you remain professional and courteous to your fellow students. (Romance is fine, but please keep it PG-13.)

Miscellaneous guidelines:
-(Be polite and show respect to your fellow players. If you are having a problem with a certain user, contact me via PM.)
-(Keep tennising (multiple consecutive posts between two users) to a minimum.)
-(Occasional swearing is fine, excessive swearing Tenacious D style is not.)
-(Keep your writing neat and legible. Please use proper punctuation, and watch for egregious spelling errors. I'm not expecting perfection, but try to keep it neat. :D)
-(Try to stay active. I understand real life comes first, and if you are unable to post for a prolonged period of time, please let me know. Prolonged absence without any notification is cause for removal.)
-(If you have read and agreed to the following rules, include the phrase "Nothing else matters" somewhere in your sign-up.)

Again, we thank you for your consideration, and we hope you choose LU as your educational foundation!

Hmm? At the bottom of the pamphlet, there appears to be some faint lettering...

NOTE TO THE EDITOR: Make damn sure you put in the attached note files I sent you dispelling the rumors of a haunting that plague our school. These damn kids won't drop it, and it's scaring away potential applicants! Remove this note in the final printing...

...whoops.

Sign-up forms:
To complete your student registration, please fill out the following form.

Name:
Appearance: (Describe what your character looks like. One paragraph minimum please.)
Personality: (What is your character like? How does he/she act? One paragraph minimum.)
History: (What is your character's backstory? How did they come to be the person they are today? One paragraph minimum.)
Pokemon Choices: (For story reasons, your character has no Pokemon to start off with, and must be given one upon arrival at the school. However, you have a say in which Pokemon you will receive. Please include your top three choices for your character, and I will see what I can do. The following rules apply for Pokemon choices: no legendaries (duh), no pseudo-legendaries (Beldum, Dratini, Bagon, etc...), first form Pokemon only (exceptions can be made, see post #7 below).
Other: (This section is optional. Anything that doesn't go above. Personality quirks, likes/dislikes, etc...)
Theme Song: (This section is optional. Because why the hell not? xD)

Example Sign-Up:
Name: Juliana "Julie" Rivers

Appearance: Juliana is a petite woman, standing around 5'2" with brown eyes. She has medium length black hair that falls to her shoulders. She leaves her hair as is, preferring not to style it. She wears a plain black jacket with a white shirt underneath, and a pair of baggy pants. She has a small, silver locket that hangs around her neck, her most prized possession. She is never seen without it.

Personality: Juliana is very quiet and reserved. Though she's not against meeting new people, she's often far too timid to initiate contact by herself. Her shyness sometimes causes her to stammer and lose her train of thought. She is jumpy and easily frightened, which, unfortunately, other people often take advantage of.

However, despite all this, she is very loyal and protective of her friends. She has a strong sense of justice, and if she sees someone being wronged or needing help, she will rise to the occasion, ignoring her fears and doubts. For the brief moment that this occurs, nothing else matters but the safety of her friends. After the danger has passed and everything is okay, she might freak out and start listing all the things that could have possibly gone wrong.

History: Juliana grew up in Kanto with her mother and father in Saffron City. She lived a relatively normal life, but always had trouble making friends due to her shyness. Her father always encouraged her, helping her overcome her fears when she needed it most. She loved both her parents, but is especially close to her father, who helped her out through troubling times.

To show her appreciation to her father, who used to be a trainer before he retired to raise his family, she decided to follow in his footsteps. Being too afraid to just start a journey by herself with no prior experience, Juliana and her parents both decided that Juliana would go to a trainer's school to learn the basics, make new friends, and, hopefully, improve her overall disposition.

Pokemon Choices: Jigglypuff, Ralts, Abra.

Others: Likes: Justice, honesty, friendship. Dislikes: Bullies, scary things, being the center of attention.
Prefers to be called by her nickname, "Julie."

Theme Song: "Hold me now" - Red

((Totally boring OOC disclaimer: If I missed something or you need further clarification, please let me know!)

Student Registration:

Lumineon House:
- Juliana "Julie" Rivers (GastlyGibus)
- Otohime Tatsunagi (Crimson Impact)
- Jamie Lagousie (Scholar)
- Adèle Mordeux (Heliolisk)
- Duke "Demon" Wilkinson (Metabee)
- Hanaeda Pajamas (Heroic Sociopath)

Ninetales House:
- Mauve Banzett (Murkmire)
- Lorelei Clinton (AutumnRain)
- Serenity Vega (Eira)
- Diana Hughes (Lyrebird)
- Will Wolf (Flaze)

Cacturne House:
- Cali Wilde (Crimson Impact)
- Reyliik "Rafi" Helios (Heliolisk)
- James Kraiss (IanLeaf)
- Timothy "Clark" Smith (Lyrebird)
- Jonathan James 'JJ' Walker (Blake Belladonna)

EDIT: The rules have been altered. Please read them over again to make sure you don't miss anything.

EDIT: Reservations are closed.

Last edited:
Re: Lilycove University: now enrolling!

Looks interesting. Can you reserve a spot for me?

Reserve, please? By the way, are Kalos Pokémon allowed?

@Heliolisk Of course, consider yourself reserved!

Even though the school itself is based in Hoenn, your Pokemon choices can be from any region so long as they adhere the guidelines in the sign-up forms. :D

Two other things - One, how many Pokémon are allowed, and two, can they have up to six moves?

It's in the sign-up forms, but I guess I should clarify how the Pokemon process works.

Upon arrival to the school, for story reasons, you will have no Pokemon of your own. The school will give you a "starter" Pokemon that will accompany you for the entire duration of the RP. In your SU, I want you to put your top three choices for a starter that you would like, but keep in mind you will only be given one Pokemon. Since these Pokemon are, for all intents and purposes, low level, I would say a maximum of four moves are allowed.

When choosing your top three picks, keep in mind the following rules:

- No legendaries
- No pseudo-legendaries (Pokemon like Beldum, Bagon, Dratini, Larvesta, etc...)
- preferably no fossil Pokemon. Open to negotiation, but fossil Pokemon wouldn't make much sense in a school environment. :/
- First form Pokemon only. I am willing to make exceptions to this rule on a case-by-case basis. (For example, I would definitely consider Jigglypuff a good choice, even though it's second form.) It's ultimately up to my discretion, but I'm more than willing to negotiate choices.

Last edited:

Yo Ghastlty, put me down for two spots, if that's alright.

@Crimson Impact That's quite alright. You are reserved, my friend! :D

Character 1.

Name: Otohime Tatsunagi
Appearance: Otohime has long, dark black hair that falls about half-way down her back when let loose, but is often tied up in a ponytail pulled together by a black and blue bow. She has a pale skin complexion, thin eyebrows, naturally pink lips, and light blue eyes, giving her a somewhat ghostly appearance when add to her thin and skinny frame. She stands at a height of about 5 feet and 11 inches. Besides from her bow, she can usually be seen wearing a black bow and dark blue dress with a black belt around her waist and knee-high black socks, as well as a set of dark blue high tops and a black bag at her side.
Personality: Otohime has always been a quiet and reserved young girl. She doesn't really speak her mind, and would rather listen than draw attention to herself. She will often just agree instead of making a suggestion that she thinks others will not agree with. When she attempts to speak to new people, she tends to get nervous and nibble on her lip a lot, occasionally to the point of drawing blood. Despite how timid she actually seems, she is quite confident in her own abilities. She loves to sing, and often practices when she thinks she is alone. She is also a talented artist, and doodles when she's bored.
History: Otohime is the daughter of a pair of breeders residing in Solaceon Town and the grandchild of the couple who own the daycare center. With her parents naturally spending most of her time with Pokemon, the child was often left home alone while her parents worked, and having no friends in a town filled with all adults, began to grow a certain anger towards Pokemon. At one point, she decided to run away while her parents were at work, and rain inside the old tower just down road. Unable to find her way out, the young girl began to cry. Her comfort came from where she least expected it. When she stopped crying and opened her eyes, she was greeted by a Misdreavus, who nuzzled up against her in an attempt to soothe the girl's sadness. The girl, frustrated, began to rant, to which the Misdreavus floated next to her and nodded the entire time, listening to the girl's fears, frustrations, and everything else on her mind. When the girl was finally done, the ghost-type nuzzled its forehead against hers, bringing the girl finally at ease. After taking a few minutes to smile and tease at each other, the ghost-type led the girl out of the tower, and Otohime returned home before her parents, leaving them none-the-wiser.

From then on, Otohime began to visit the tower more and more often, spending time with the Misdreavus and Duskull who would greet her every time she entered the building, growing a natural affection towards the other-worldly spirits that occupied the tower as their home. One particular day, a set of teenagers entered the tower and began to vandalize the graves. Otohime tried to stop them, but was thrown against the wall. When she continued to try to stop them, one turned his Pokemon against her, and ordered it to attack her. Helpless, the girl stood frozen in fear, until the Misdreavus she had bonded with came to her aid, taking the hit for her and launching a counterattack. Filled with a newfound (but temporary) courage, Otohime and the Misdreavus worked together to fend off the intruders, and realized that she was actually enjoying the battle as they finally dispelled the delinquents. Otohime decided then she wanted to be a Pokemon trainer or a gym leader, and after saying farewell to her friends, went home to tell her mother and father, who eagerly supported her in her pursuit by choosing to send her to the university.

Pokemon:
-Starter Choices:

1) Misdreavus (Most desired)
2) Snorunt
3) Noibat

Other: Otohime has firm views of being a lady, and is easily flustered by sexual indications. Can't swim.
Theme Song:

-1) Battle Climax Theme: "Believe in My Existance"

Last edited:

@Crimson Impact Now where have I seen that before? :p

Just messing with you. It works, but there's two things:

1. This is a school primarily for trainers, so the whole "sending her off to learn Poke' breeding" doesn't make sense, though I suppose that should make her happy.

2. Did you read over all the University Rules?

I never really got the chance to use Otohime >.> And the wallflower is one of the characters I write better for. Also I read your rules, but once I finished, I figured, well, Nothing else matters. P.S. I planned for that :p

Edit: I will address the breeder issue though.

Why you sneaky little... xD

In that case then, @Crimson Impact, you are accepted! :D

Character 2

Name: Cali Wilde
Appearance: Cali has long strawberry blonde hair that falls straight down her back and curls at the ends. She has sparkly blue eyes and complimenting complexion. She keeps her bangs held back by a turquoise headband that matches the rest of her outfit, a light blue, silky blouse, a white skirt and white heels. She stands roughly at about 5'6, and is very well-toned for a girl, due to her massive amount of activity.

Personality: Cali is very bubbly, and often makes mistakes that can cause a person to stop and think 'Really?' Cali is very energetic, and loves to participate...in well...everything! Cali excels both in athletic and performance fields, and loves to be a part of an active working team, but she ends up struggling academically because of this. Whenever music starts to play, her first instinct is to dance, and the type of dance changes with the type of music...

Cali also, contrasting with her bubbliness, can be both very sadistic and very perverted. When the opportunity arises, she will make any kind of joke, and enjoys seeing the look of defeat in her opponent's eyes.

History: Cali is the youngest of a family of highly successful trainers, business men, politicians, and so on. Cali has always had a lot of pressure placed on her to live up to the standards of her eight older siblings to the point she was under the impression nothing else matters. For the longest time, Cali has worked to try and meet these expectations in every way possible, but has always struggled when it came to hitting the books. Her parents recognized none of her other achievements and trained in solely on her grades, which constantly served to disappoint.

Upset with her lack of ability, her parents blamed the school, and removed her from her friends and clubs, deciding to send her to Lillycove University to cover the basics of Pokémon training, where if she cannot excel in her grades there, will then be removed at the end of the year and brought back to be homeschooled.

Pokemon:
-Starter Choices:

1) Buneary
2) Piplup
3) Eevee

Other: Easily frightened by ghost-type Pokémon.
Theme Song: "Let the beat drop!" -Simon Curtis
[IS] Let the Beat Drop - Mirajane/Juvia/Erza - YouTube

I might want to join if the other RPs I'm in don't work out, so is a reservation possible?

On a side note, We have a Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn School RP so far. Dibs on Sinnoh School

@Crimson Impact - Second character accepted. :D

@Pokemon Trainer Kestron - It is. Just remember, the plan is to get started by the end of the week (Saturday the 25th), so if you could have an SU ready by then that'd be perfect.

@Flaze No. :p

Only kidding, consider yourself reserved! :D

Absolutely love it. Here's my Sign-up:

Name: Mauve Banzett
Appearance: Mauve stands at a 5'7" height, with a fairly athletic build. He has long, black hair with bangs that frame his face. His eyes are amber colored, shaped to look like he's glaring at all times. He wears oval horn-rimmed glasses with black frames in most instances. Mauve's skin is pale, and he doesn't tan very well. His wardrobe usually consists of purple and black tops (this could be either a purple button-up shirt and black under shirt or purple and black striped shirt with long sleeves), worn, blue or gray jeans and his typical black tennis shoes. He wears a pair of black rings with skull and crossbones across the band, one on each index finger. He also has a pair of onyx bead bracelets worn on each wrist.

History: Mauve was born in the beautiful city of Lumiose, heart of the Kalos region. His mother, Sevreen Banzett, was a successful Coordinator in her time. She would often become one of the top few, noteworthy of praise. His father, however, was a trainer for quite a while. He retired after a slew of unsuccessful Pokemon Leagues. The two had separated some time before Mauve was born. Or, to be more specific, his father was given the royal boot when Sevreen and him fought over how their son would live his life. Sevreen wanted him to "follow his calling," as his father wanted him to abstain form anything other than Pokemon battles, and do what he couldn't. To live his dream. So, she forced him to leave, as she knew he had no right to make his own son live his dream.

Mauve grew up in an educational household, as his mother wanted him to see the beauty of the Pokemon world, and all that was possible for him. She would tutor him herself, as she thoroughly exclaimed not wanting her son to join public schooling of any sort. Sevreen had used her savings for Mauve's education to provide him with texts among texts, from books pertaining to every Pokemon/Pokemon type to the history of Contests and Battles.

Over the years, Mauve had shown dedication for his studies, able to remember Pokedex entries for most Pokemon outside of mythology and legends. He could even point out their type by heart. But, of course, he was subjected to loneliness. His mother allowed him to play with her Pokemon, as he grew to the age when most children went out on their own journey. Of course, his mother refused to let him leave at such a young age. Mauve understood well enough, and continued his studies. Eventually, he grew very close to his mother's prized Hydreigon, Maleficent.

Mauve had grown to love the strange and obscure Pokemon most people would run in fear from, ranging from his mother's Hydreigon to her wily Sableye, Impsley. But, Sevreen eventually knew he had to go to some sort of institution, one with a high standard for education. After learning of the Lilycove University, she had immediately signed him up.

Personality: Mauve, having grown up in a strictly home-schooled environment, he never really developed any social skills outside of his mother and her Pokemon. This would normally give the assumption he is awkward, and very shy. On the contrary, he can be very outgoing. Though, when one has crossed him in any ill manner he will dislike them entirely. He is a bit snarky when it comes to Pokemon trivia, as his vast knowledge of Pokemon has put him above what most of his peers would know around his age. He loves Pokemon, especially those shunned by "normal" eyes. He still isn't sure what he wants to do with his life, but he feels going to the Lilycove University will help change that.

Pokemon Choices: Shuppet/Cacnea/Spinarak (No particular order)
Other: Mauve has an insane, maniacal laugh he makes from time to time. He also adores carnivorous, Grass-type Pokemon, Poison-types in general, and Pokemon people usually find "scary" or "frightening." He grew to understand that strangeness, inside and out can be better than what the social norm prefers.
Theme Song: Bad Manors

Nothing else matters.

Last edited:
Lilycove University: now enrolling!

Name: Willhelm Thrace
Appearance:

yoyoy_zps1cf62c1e.png

Picture46.jpg

Background: Will was born and raised in the Hoenn region, Fortree Town. He grew up hearing the stories his father shared and playing with the Pokemon he was catching and bringing back with him. Every time he returned to Fortree, Will and the Typhlosion his father used to own were playing together; they had become best friends, even though they parted every time his father left for another adventure. Will aspired to become like him; by the time he was ten, he had grown restless and wanting of adventure, so he wandered off to Lilycove, without having any Pokemon. It was dangerous, but he somehow made it through by sticking with other people. In Lilycove, he was intrigued by the old, massive sewer system of the city, which had never been mapped before at the time. He borrowed a Charmander from the day care and used its fire to go down in the sewers and investigate, having absolutely no fear of the dangers. He ended up making a map of the complicated sewers, a map which became famous for its accuracy and quality.

Will was praised for his effort and was paid grandly for his contribution to the city. His mother bought a new, better house in Lavaridge Town with the money, but he didn't seem to want to stay there. Close to when he was sixteen, he had realized he wanted to be an explorer and a Pokemon trainer, and that he couldn't stay in one place for long. Instead of staying in Lavaridge, he hiked the volcano and drew a picture of the view from up there, then started noting down important ways of survival in an area like this. But he didn't stay there for long. He headed east to find the desert, where he encountered and saved a Trapinch, who oddly wasn't wild; the two tagged along, Will figuring that it belonged to a trainer who had probably lost it. He discovered he was good at bringing out the potential of each Pokemon, as the Trapinch seemed to like him and cooperate well with him. That was the first time Will realized he should have considered catching a Pokemon earlier, as it would surely aid him in his exploration and travels. Perhaps a Smeargle to help him sketch, too. Being a trainer suddenly seemed like an enticing idea.

Personality: Will was born a with a strong sense of wanderlust. He is a prodigal explorer and a brilliant artist. He started drawing by the age he was able to hold a pencil, and running off his hometown as soon as he could outrun his mother. However bold or daring he might be with the goal he sets, he is always cautious when approaching them and makes sure he is successful; he is quite ambitious and prideful about his prowess, though he is subtle about it. While he is a well mannered and seemingly kind individual, open to social contact, he can also be awkward, and he doesn't usually share intimacy with other people. Sometimes, he is cold, silent and withdrawn; other times, he is outgoing. He is generally more prone to get attached to his Pokemon rather than people, while he would consider his Pokemon part of himself and share everything with them.

Will has a superb memory that allows him to recall details from things he has seen during his childhood; as such, he remembers clearly nearly everything he has experienced so far in his life. Along with his memory, he has great survival skills and an explorer's intuition. He is a thoughtful person and kind of a cynical one, as he likes the world said as it is. Will has a certain amount of wisdom he has gathered from his travels, but at times he forgets himself and can come off as immature and perhaps naive. Some of his favorite philosophical quotes are, 'it's not stealing if it's thieves you're taking from' and, 'one man's trash is another man's treasure'.

Pokemon Choices: Charmander, Mudkip, Chimchar

Theme Song: Nothing else matters

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom