• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Link accounts"?

Mr. Slowpoke

Engineer_Jeers02.WAV
Reaction score
I noticed the UCP has an option called Link User Accounts, but what does it do?

I'm sorry if this was asked before, I just wanted to be sure what it's for.

I noticed the UCP has an option called Link User Accounts, but what does it do?

I'm sorry if this was asked before, I just wanted to be sure what it's for.
It links two forum accounts together and lets you switch between them easily. This is only good if you have a sockpuppet account for the Halloween party, which is the only time you're allowed to have one.

It links two forum accounts together and lets you switch between them easily. This is only good if you have a sockpuppet account for the Halloween party, which is the only time you're allowed to have one.

I tend to disagree. Linking accounts can be used for a lot of things. For example, I know someone who linked accounts with someone so the other person could edit their profile. (Because she couldn't at the time.)

I tend to disagree. Linking accounts can be used for a lot of things. For example, I know someone who linked accounts with someone so the other person could edit their profile. (Because she couldn't at the time.)

That's against the rules. One person per account, one account per person (excepting Halloween.)

Well, that just made Halloween much easier for me. Thank you for teaching me something.

Wait why would you only have a extra account during Halloween what hapens at Halloween that involves a sock puppet

The Halloween (and there are a few other events that we might use them for) has a "Sock Party" where everyone that is willing creates a sockpuppet and we try and guess each other's identity at the end.

...Sockpuppeting on Halloween? What happens to the sockpuppets afterwards, anyway?

However, the staff is able to tell if you have a sock anyways, so no one try any funny stuff.

However, the staff is able to tell if you have a sock anyways, so no one try any funny stuff.

That's true. I'm sure the staff can see who's accounts you're linked with.

In Lamens terms: They can cheat on Halloween if they wanted to! XD

I'm sure the staff can see who's accounts you're linked with.

Sockpuppeteers wouldn't link their alts with their real account. Moderators can simply tell if a user is sockpuppeting by their IP address, which is assigned to their computer.

To participate in the Halloween event, all sock accounts must be linked. No exceptions.

Also, as the sock, you act in character in the designated thread. Halloween socks are not to be used across the entire forums.

...so there's a thread made specifically for Halloween? That's good thinking.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom