• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Linking to openings

rockersk08

Reaction score
I put this question on the talk page of Project Music, but since I have not gotten a response, I'll ask it again. I noticed that none of the English openings have any external links to a video. YouTube links were taken out, and although I do get why, the Project Music page mentions that a YouTube link is okay. I know the Japanese openings are linked to the filb.de website. Is there an equivalent for the English ones?

Hrm. I'm pretty sure links are generally not okay to copyrighted material that's not used appropriately. Someone can check me on that though.

I am inclined to think openings by themselves fall under fair use.

So do I. It's not like it's the whole show, it's the opening sequence that precedes it. It's little more than an ad for it.

But from what I've seen, deletes of the videos have happened before, even after the user stated all the copyright.

i think if we are going to link to a YT video featuring the openings, i think itd be better to link to a known channel, rather than a random upload on a random channel. i know BGM has a YT channel, can it host openings to link to? (as well as maybe other things like the Pokerap?)

What does YT mean? I'm not against linking to youtube.

I don't think so. Unless the copyright holders upload the videos to a channel of their own.

Well we could ask them to. Anyone got the number of the production company and a good knowledge of Japanese?

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom